• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KoHeartsGPA

• datzenmike

• Draker

• a.d._510_n_ok

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess you're right.i don't get how a sane,logical,sensible person could feel as if a knife,rock,spear or whatever is just as lethal as a gun unless you just sit and wait to be attacked.Please enlighten me.Of all these weapons mentioned which one would you be most concerned about ? i bet you won't answer that.

Around here I'd be more concerned about the guy with the knife, considering more people are stabbed than shot around here...

I guess you're right.i don't get how a sane,logical,sensible person could feel as if a knife,rock,spear or whatever is just as lethal as a gun unless you just sit and wait to be attacked.Please enlighten me.Of all these weapons mentioned which one would you be most concerned about ? i bet you won't answer that.

Someone posted it up above, but under 20' the knife will be more lethal than the gun, as regards attacking someone. 

But really it doesn't matter what I say or post, per your "i don't get how a sane,logical,sensible person could feel" you will just "move the goalposts" of your argument, e.g., change the initial conditions "unless you just sit and wait to be attacked"or ignore what I say, or blatantly misinterpret it. Your mind is already made up, so this discussion is pointless.

So which one would I be more concerned about? Well all of them. Up close, the knife definitely, the gun too, but I carry a knife for up close. Further away, less so for any of them, because I have a CCW, carry daily, and I'm a pretty good shot. And that is the truth of the matter; guns keep you from being defenseless. 

• Like 2

You proving that we're being controlled by irrational fear?

I don't know about proving anything, but there's a point to be made that people downplaying the statistics of gun related violence in the US are often the same people speaking loudest about Muslim terrorists. At the same time, people who down play the threat of Muslim terrorists are often the same people speaking loudest about gun statistics. Interesting how that works.

It would appear American's capacity for rational independent critical thinking has been drowned out by our death spiral polarized dysfunctional two party perspectives of division and fear of each other. It's all our critical thinking and analytical needs pre packaged, seasoned just the way we like it, and delivered piping hot from thousands of bias media outlets all around us. And fat lazy Americans just eat that brain junk food shit right up. Try and tell them it's unhealthy and you're seen as the opposition and attacked. If you're not with us, you're against us, peck, peck, peck... 

• Like 3

I think good training in hand to hand combat would be better ......... with or without a gun back up. This training is 10X more reliable than trying to pull a gun in a hurry. Clothing, weather, circumstances and innocent bystanders change..... but your training does not.  

I think good training in hand to hand combat would be better ......... with or without a gun back up. This training is 10X more reliable than trying to pull a gun in a hurry. Clothing, weather, circumstances and innocent bystanders change..... but your training does not.

Not sure I'd necessarily say better but certainly a great tool to have at the ready.
  • Like 1

I don't know about proving anything, but there's a point to be made that people downplaying the statistics of gun related violence in the US are often the same people speaking loudest about Muslim terrorists. At the same time, people who down play the threat of Muslim terrorists are often the same people speaking loudest about gun statistics. Interesting how that works.

It would appear American's capacity for rational independent critical thinking has been drowned out by our death spiral polarized dysfunctional two party perspectives of division and fear of each other. It's all our critical thinking and analytical needs pre packaged, seasoned just the way we like it, and delivered piping hot from thousands of bias media outlets all around us. And fat lazy Americans just eat that brain junk food shit right up. Try and tell them it's unhealthy and you're seen as the opposition and attacked. If you're not with us, you're against us, peck, peck, peck... 

Last I checked guns had many legitimate uses, Muslim terrorists have none.

I agree with you that the lack of the ability to critically think and not eat up the premade slop put out is disturbing, and that is exactly the way the media and many in power want it. People who employ rational independent critical thinking don't tend to go along very well with fear based agendas that limit their rights. Easier to rule sheep than wolves after all.

Overall, violent crime has gone way down, while reporting of it has gone way up. 

But really the chances of dying in any terrorist attack is so low as not to be worried about on a day-to-day basis. 

However, I would liken Muslim terrorists as akin to a plague flea or spark of a fire. Something that the initial impact is low, but if ignored may flare up into a bigger problem. Source: shit going down in parts of Europe.

Edit: Enough arguing on the Internet for me, gotta go do some work on a Datsun today.

Edited by Dguy210
  • Like 3

De-evolution to the Cenozoic Quaternary period? Can't put the genie of technology back in the bottle. I'm not advocating for national open carry, but I've never heard of someone getting mugged by a person waring boxing gloves.

• Like 1

Last I checked guns had many legitimate uses, Muslim terrorists have none.

Last I checked no one was comparing usability of one vs the other. Only the right left duality of irrational fear of one vs the other.

• Like 1

I'd say 2 different guns for sure

if Mathew could weigh in, 

I know you guys are on this already

I hear shots and echos. 

MORONS!!!!   What's they do..... shoot through the non removable glass????????????????????????????????

• Like 2

MORONS!!!!   What's they do..... shoot through the non removable glass????????????????????????????????

I was wondering if anybody was going to notice that.Yea windows are still in tact on the 6th floor.Maybe magic bullets ? the flashes ? a strobe light from a party.

I for one do not think there is another shooter. Urban environments echo far different than rural. 

This guy had motive but seems no one can pin point what it was, or they don't want to say what it was incase powerful people are left with egg on the face....

• Like 2

Motive means reason. Loss of reason in humans is often referred to as insanity. Insane people don't have to have a motive to do what they do.

Insanity is in a state of mind that prevents normal perception, behavior, or social interaction; seriously mentally ill.. Great efforts on this mans planning took far more than the insane would be able to keep linear. 

We can say he is insane because we FEEL he operated outside of our moral dignity to do what he did, but his actions are not of the insane at all. He was diabolical yes, but not mentally ill. 

We need to stop giving bad people the benefit of being ill in any way. The boy who killed the children in Newtown was very much ill, and had a history of medical reports to say he was. Kip Kinkle is another example of mentally challenged with a long history of medical reporting that followed him up to his acts in Springfield Oregon.

This guy seems to be more in the line of Tim Macvey for the duration of planning and effort to carry out the act. 

• Like 3