• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KoHeartsGPA

• datzenmike

• Draker

• a.d._510_n_ok

Top Posters In This Topic

Dime...

I’m a licensed manufacturer of automatic weapons. I can make these weapons for our government or a foreign one if I had a contract and Sec of state approval.

I know what it takes to engineer or make a weapon auto reciprocate. A lower receiver does not make anything Auto Fire.

Possible items a person can get, but are also under heavily worded federal laws are called Drop in Auto Seer.

But if you have even a single part of this (Clevis, Cam, or Pin) you are subject to mandatory minimum prison time.

They are not something any dude can make. You need to have machine tool skills or the aptitude.

Come on Matt stop showing off. First off go back and you'll see I said *Modified* lower. Where do the clevis, cam, or pin go? The lower receiver. Can MODIFIED lower receivers that have a clevis, cam, or pin to make an AR15 full auto be found on the black market? Yes. Do you have to be a licensed manufacturer of automatic weapons to swap the lower receiver? No. Is it hard to do that? No. Is it legal? No. Was the Vegas perp concerned with mandatory minimum prison time? I'll let you answer that one. 

Thanks for welcoming me back.  ;)

• Like 4

This is what you actually said.

You said converting an AR to Auto isn’t hard.

It is. I also highly doubt you know of any converted lowers because it’s not a lower that makes it Auto.

Umm could you please explain this comment about converted lowers, as I understood this to be a bit different, and now I'm a bit confused.

Especially the "it's not a lower that makes it Auto". I thought there were 2 paths to a MG NFA item for the AR15 platform. A "drop in auto seer" that is the NFA item, or a pre Hughes 86 registered receiver (i.e., lower).

So wouldn't that registered receiver, in the eyes of the ATF, be considered an "auto lower"? Not to mention even for the "drop in auto seer" it is a part installed in the receiver/lower (along with auto fire control group).  So for the AR platform, where you can switch out the the uppers in seconds, which are not legally firearms anyways, wouldn't it be fair to say the lower can be considered the "auto" part?

Or am I misunderstanding this completely?

Edit: Did a couple hours of digging around about this topic, still not clear on it exactly, and holy hell did the ATF seriously made the whole "drop in auto seer" a giant fucking complicated mess.

Edited by Dguy210

I can't take any of this seriously because you are trying g to explain why the public should not have guns and in the same paragraph say that you would just shoot those who steal firearms. Do you read what you type or does it just diarrhea from you key board?

Talk about diarrhea.

You have to read carefully to see that I did not suggest the public not be armed. Far from it. Just the serious rational non criminal ones that can pass an examination and a test of competency. Ones the want a gun badly enough. Not one who on a whim buys one at a gun show or from a neighbor. Are you suggesting that all other criminals, mental cases, violators, cooks and nut jobs, incompetents and threats to society be handed their weapons back to them? or allowed to carry rifles around with them in the trunk with impunity? You seem like a rational somewhat normal guy so you shouldn't have any problem getting and having a gun. So why resist disarming the ones that aren't???

I did say 'if I ruled the world' which is an opinion outside the scope of my post and... not likely to ever happen. It would almost take that for this to work.....

It's unlikely anything will change as you don't have political resolve necessary to add laws with teeth in them.

• Like 1

Umm could you please explain this comment about converted lowers, as I understood this to be a bit different, and now I'm a bit confused.

Especially the "it's not a lower that makes it Auto". I thought there were 2 paths to a MG NFA item for the AR15 platform. A "drop in auto seer" that is the NFA item, or a pre Hughes 86 registered receiver (i.e., lower).

So wouldn't that registered receiver, in the eyes of the ATF, be considered an "auto lower"? Not to mention even for the "drop in auto seer" it is a part installed in the receiver/lower (along with auto fire control group).  So for the AR platform, where you can switch out the the uppers in seconds, which are not legally firearms anyways, wouldn't it be fair to say the lower can be considered the "auto" part?

Or am I misunderstanding this completely?

Edit: Did a couple hours of digging around about this topic, still not clear on it exactly, and holy hell did the ATF seriously made the whole "drop in auto seer" a giant fucking complicated mess.

Yeah the DIAS is this little item all on its own that gets a special registration much like a fully automatic weapon before 1986. No new part of it can be manufactured now or complete new DIAS sold to the civilian population. 

All items manufactured before 1986 had to be registered to be able to own them. The Tax stamp registration isnt a cheap one to have either. 

Come on Matt stop showing off. First off go back and you'll see I said *Modified* lower. Where do the clevis, cam, or pin go? The lower receiver. Can MODIFIED lower receivers that have a clevis, cam, or pin to make an AR15 full auto be found on the black market? Yes. Do you have to be a licensed manufacturer of automatic weapons to swap the lower receiver? No. Is it hard to do that? No. Is it legal? No. Was the Vegas perp concerned with mandatory minimum prison time? I'll let you answer that one. 

Thanks for welcoming me back.  ;)

The Lower still isnt the modified item. A DIAS is an entity all on its own. You use a specific style bolt carrier for the DIAS but the lower doesnt have to be modded for it to work.  

You would find it much easier to find an AK47, Sten Gun, SKS, or M1 full auto than a AR15 on the black market. 

Do you need a license to swap a lower receiver.....NO but again its not the lower. 

The perp in vegas didn't perform anything illegal other than firing into a crowd of people from a pre planned elevated area killing/injuring people. Everything he had was 100% legal and above the table. His slide fire stock is the worst item for accuracy considering you have to use a controlled bounce of the weapon. The guy could have been far more deadlier with other tactics that i'm glad he knew nothing about or did not employ.

It's not an easy task to find a full auto anything. Do you have shady connections? I don't and the one guy I have come across in my 42 years of living that did make illegal items is now dead from a murder-suicide. See the commonality?

• Like 5

Mike would love what Oregon did; in a Khrushchev-era soviet style of guilty-until-proven-innocent, the legislature rammed through a bill which basically allows anyone to accuse someone of being mentally deficient as to pose a threat to themselves or someone else, and a judge will issue an order to have all of their firearms confiscated.  So the cops will break down your door, beat the shit out of you or kill you if you offer any objection, steal your guns (and presumably anything else that struck their fancy at the time, because, what are you gonna do) and the onus is on you to prove a negative.  Governor #KorruptKate delayed signing it into law to run out the clock on the signature gathering initiative that would have put this in the ballot, so basically 50 democrats disenfranchised the rights of an entire state.

Bear in mind that this is also the same legislature that floated a bill that would impose a $500 tax on climate criminals who had the gall to register and drive a vehicle over twenty years old.  That one never made it out of session, presumably as the sponsor, who probably had a brother in law with a string of used car dealerships in WA and ID, couldn't muster enough support for it.

• Like 5

Mike would love what Oregon did; in a Khrushchev-era soviet style of guilty-until-proven-innocent, the legislature rammed through a bill which basically allows anyone to accuse someone of being mentally deficient as to pose a threat to themselves or someone else, and a judge will issue an order to have all of their firearms confiscated.  So the cops will break down your door, beat the shit out of you or kill you if you offer any objection, steal your guns (and presumably anything else that struck their fancy at the time, because, what are you gonna do) and the onus is on you to prove a negative.  Governor #KorruptKate delayed signing it into law to run out the clock on the signature gathering initiative that would have put this in the ballot, so basically 50 democrats disenfranchised the rights of an entire state.

Bear in mind that this is also the same legislature that floated a bill that would impose a $500 tax on climate criminals who had the gall to register and drive a vehicle over twenty years old.  That one never made it out of session, presumably as the sponsor, who probably had a brother in law with a string of used car dealerships in WA and ID, couldn't muster enough support for it.

Not to mention news media will only report on these state sponsored home invasions as if the one being accused is the worst of our population...Dare I say a NAZI conservative?

• Like 2