• KoHeartsGPA

• datzenmike

• Draker

• a.d._510_n_ok

Top Posters In This Topic

heres a photo of the UK veterans/ against terror  march from a couple days ago,

I think people have had enough by the looks of the crowds

22222049_1478135692269462_51343499834559

Since when are skinheads called Football Lads? Shit, I've never see so many shiny domes in one place. 

Friday night me and my friends were debating the fate of this suite. I can't imaging them renting it out anymore. What do you guys think?

I think they'll gut it and reconfigure the space. Any preservation would only serve to memorialize the killer. As tacky as Vegas is, this effected them directly. I don't think they want to attract negative attention to the fantasy escapist playground they've worked so hard to create.

• Like 1

Friday night me and my friends were debating the fate of this suite. I can't imaging them renting it out anymore. What do you guys think?

Me and the wife were talking about what they would do with that room.I know i would never want to stay in it.Remove the doors and make it an empty non-usable room.I doubt the owners of the hotel will use it as a tourist attraction.

Insanity is in a state of mind that prevents normal perception, behavior, or social interaction; seriously mentally ill.. Great efforts on this mans planning took far more than the insane would be able to keep linear. 

We can say he is insane because we FEEL he operated outside of our moral dignity to do what he did, but his actions are not of the insane at all. He was diabolical yes, but not mentally ill. 

We need to stop giving bad people the benefit of being ill in any way. The boy who killed the children in Newtown was very much ill, and had a history of medical reports to say he was. Kip Kinkle is another example of mentally challenged with a long history of medical reporting that followed him up to his acts in Springfield Oregon.

This guy seems to be more in the line of Tim Macvey for the duration of planning and effort to carry out the act. 

X2. Totally outside our sense of humanity, but grotesque as it was, aberrant a-moral behavior is not the same as insane. That's not to say some evidence could emerge showing a long term mental condition contributed to the rational behind the event.

• Like 3

Insanity is in a state of mind that prevents normal perception, behavior, or social interaction; seriously mentally ill.. Great efforts on this mans planning took far more than the insane would be able to keep linear. 

We can say he is insane because we FEEL he operated outside of our moral dignity to do what he did, but his actions are not of the insane at all. He was diabolical yes, but not mentally ill. 

We need to stop giving bad people the benefit of being ill in any way. The boy who killed the children in Newtown was very much ill, and had a history of medical reports to say he was. Kip Kinkle is another example of mentally challenged with a long history of medical reporting that followed him up to his acts in Springfield Oregon.

This guy seems to be more in the line of Tim Macvey for the duration of planning and effort to carry out the act. 

I disagree. Just because he had no prior history of illness does not mean he wasn't ill, mentally. For all we know he may have had  a recent brain tumor. Being a madman does not mean you are diminished in capability to plan out your actions, indeed it can often drive them to even higher levels of effort. He had lots of money. Pay for room at hotel.(not rocket science to pick where) Buy guns (no one cares if you buy guns they are only too glad to sell them to you if you have the cash) cameras, sledge hammer etc.  Make multiple trips to your room to stockpile them. Just how challenging do you think this is????? In fact it's insanely simple. Too simple.

• Like 1

I disagree. Just because he had no prior history of illness does not mean he wasn't ill, mentally. For all we know he may have had a recent brain tumor. Being a madman does not mean you are diminished in capability to plan out your actions, indeed it can often drive them to even higher levels of effort. He had lots of money. Pay for room at hotel.(not rocket science to pick where)

Buy guns (no one cares if you buy guns they are only too glad to sell them to you if you have the cash) cameras, sledge hammer etc. Make multiple trips to your room to stockpile them. Just how challenging do you think this is????? In fact it's insanely simple. Too simple.

So please tell me why an insane man would write on a piece of paper the calculations of bullet drop and visit several other venues determining what was best for AOE (area of effect)

You could say that Stephen Paddock was obsessive. Insanity means you cannot discern logical from illogical. Linear thought processes are hard to maintain for the insane.

If it is mental illness I would say he falls more in line with obsession.

Another thing about insanity is that he wouldn't even have the inclination of right or wrong. Suicide indicates he knew exactly what he did was wrong.

• Like 2

I disagree. Just because he had no prior history of illness does not mean he wasn't ill, mentally. For all we know he may have had a recent brain tumor. Being a madman does not mean you are diminished in capability to plan out your actions, indeed it can often drive them to even higher levels of effort. He had lots of money. Pay for room at hotel.(not rocket science to pick where)

Buy guns (no one cares if you buy guns they are only too glad to sell them to you if you have the cash) cameras, sledge hammer etc. Make multiple trips to your room to stockpile them. Just how challenging do you think this is????? In fact it's insanely simple. Too simple.

I agree. This wasn't some grand calculated plan. This took as much planning as a three year old could be counted on doing. Find high ground, bring guns and ammo to high ground, shoot. Something a relatively normal guy who had some demons within, who recently started taking meds that blurred the lines of reality and dark thoughts would easily carry out. I'm guessing he was relatively cynical. I expect he had a higher than average IQ. I expect he was quiet socially. I bet he felt isolated and wished for his anxiety to go away so he could feel more like himself. I expect he had dark thoughts about society or people and thought almost everyone was inherently bad. I expect a psychiatrist is sitting alone right now thinking about his or her last session with him. And I doubt they will be prescribing those again.

I agree. This wasn't some grand calculated plan. This took as much planning as a three year old could be counted on doing. Find high ground, bring guns and ammo to high ground, shoot. Something a relatively normal guy who had some demons within, who recently started taking meds that blurred the lines of reality and dark thoughts would easily carry out. I'm guessing he was relatively cynical. I expect he had a higher than average IQ. I expect he was quiet socially. I bet he felt isolated and wished for his anxiety to go away so he could feel more like himself. I expect he had dark thoughts about society or people and thought almost everyone was inherently bad. I expect a psychiatrist is sitting alone right now thinking about his or her last session with him. And I doubt they will be prescribing those again.

This proves you guys have zero clue you know what it takes to shoot from an elevated position too. You guys heard of windage and bullet drop? If you are older than 3 then fucking show the calculations.

This guy visited several venues too. This wasn't his first stop and some spur of the moment spot. a 3 year old psychological make up doesn't have the capacity for math nor diabolic reasoning. 

Here is a site for your ignorant comment.

http://www.millettsights.com/resources/shooting-tips/mathematics-for-precision-shooters/

• Like 2

Insane people can count, drive cars, order a meal, hold a job and do just about anything a sane person can. 

This proves you guys have zero clue you know what it takes to shoot from an elevated position too. You guys heard of windage and bullet drop?

Point gun out window at block sized target and squeeze trigger. What's there to aim at???? 30? thousand bodies grouped together. Hell you don't even have to aim at that target. Impossible to miss.

This guy had motive but seems no one can pin point what it was, or they don't want to say what it was incase powerful people are left with egg on the face....

room-annotation-1050.png

sometimes having everything you want can make you un-happy

• Like 1

It's a good argument, but does not take into consideration of the year and care taken in procurement and hiding of the ammo and weapons. Buying ammonite, and so on. 

• Like 2

Insane people can count, drive cars, order a meal, hold a job and do just about anything a sane person can. 

Point gun out window at block sized target and squeeze trigger. What's there to aim at???? 30? thousand bodies grouped together. Hell you don't even have to aim at that target. Impossible to miss.

Dude you are so ignorant. You are basing your thought process off of hollywood make believe?

The venue was 4 football fields away. if he had done exactly as your example of hollywood shooting the rounds may never have hit anyone but sprayed right over everyone's heads or hit in an area in front of the venue. 

Believe it or not. At long distances or at elevated distances it take effort to figure out how to shoot a target even if it was 30,000 People. 

You are talking out your ass on this one Mike. You have limited time with a rifle and it shows.

• Like 1

No, mentally ill people can do those things. Insane people are incapable of caring for themselves. Some are institutionalized, some are in jail, some live on the street, and some do become violent and commit mass murder. Although he may have been mentally ill, from all indications so far, this guy's ability to function in society shows he wasn't "insane"

• Like 3

This guy had motive but seems no one can pin point what it was,...

It takes a thief to catch a thief. Could it be that his motive is only understandable by someone in his mental state? You just might not be able to explain it using a sane mind.

or they don't want to say what it was incase powerful people are left with egg on the face....

Jeezus paranoid much? Conspiracy theory much?

Some say Tesla was mentally ill yet he functioned very highly and even a genious many famous people are mentally ill yet they can go to work, function and lead productive lives. Main thing is they take their meds, get support, maybe meditate or group counseling.

• Like 3

It takes a thief to catch a thief. Could it be that his motive is only understandable by someone in his mental state? You just might not be able to explain it using a sane mind.

Jeezus paranoid much? Conspiracy theory much?

Really? this has never happened?  It doesn't insinuate conspiratorial suggestion. Or was this a piss poor attempt at ad hominem?  

Some time officials in the government delay providing details of events so as to not show that they missed something correct? You suggesting this never happens? 

• Like 1

Dude you are so ignorant. You are basing your thought process off of hollywood make believe?

The venue was 4 football fields away. if he had done exactly as your example of hollywood shooting the rounds may never have hit anyone but sprayed right over everyone's heads or hit in an area in front of the venue. 

Believe it or not. At long distances or at elevated distances it take effort to figure out how to shoot a target even if it was 30,000 People. 

You are talking out your ass on this one Mike. You have limited time with a rifle and it shows.

vegas-venue-persp-night-980.jpg?v2

This wasn't a sniper. It was machine gun at a half square block and hundreds of bullets. There was no precision needed.

You could do it with your eyes closed. He had 70 minutes to correct and get it right.

What you're saying is no insane person could have done it? Is this a defense against a posthumous insanity plea?

• Like 1

Insanity means you have devolved into not being able to care for yourself or carry on normal social functions. 

Words and conditions have meanings Mike. Please educate yourself.

That image doesn't give you the actual gravity of the distance. The venue is over 1300 feet away. The shooter was 400 feet in the air.

• Like 3

Some say Tesla was mentally ill yet he functioned very highly and even a genious many famous people are mentally ill yet they can go to work, function and lead productive lives. Main thing is they take their meds, get support, maybe meditate or group counseling.

Nailed. Being depressed is considered a mental illness. Being lost in a paranoid schizophrenic psychosis is considered insanity. Even then, many gifted mathematicians suffer from schizophrenia and are still very productive. Ted Kaczynski is an example of paranoid schizophrenia hidden from society and left untreated.

• Like 2