Trump Embraces the Culture War

Tuesday - October 10, 2017 at 12:29 am

In the culture wars, Trump has rejected compromise or capitulation and decided to defend the ground on which his most loyal folks stand.

Example: While The Washington Post was reporting Monday that Austin, Seattle, San Francisco and Denver had now joined Los Angeles in replacing Columbus Day with Indigenous People’s Day, Trump issued a Columbus Day proclamation of bristling defiance.

“Five hundred and twenty-five years ago, Christopher Columbus completed an ambitious and daring voyage across the Atlantic Ocean to the Americas. … a remarkable and then-unparalleled feat that helped launch the age of exploration and discovery. The permanent arrival of Europeans to the Americas was a transformative event that … changed the course of human history and set the stage for the development of our great Nation.”

Columbus, said Trump, was a “skilled navigator and man of faith, whose courageous feat brought together continents and has inspired countless others to pursue their dreams and convictions — even in the face of extreme doubt and tremendous adversity.”

The Admiral of the Ocean Sea “was a native of the City of Genoa, in present day Italy, and represents the rich history of important Italian American contributions to our great Nation. … Italy is a strong ally and a valued partner,” said Trump.

His proclamation failed to mention indigenous peoples.

How did CNN receive it? Not at all well.

All weekend, viewers of cable TV were treated to self-righteous wailing from the acolytes of Colin Kaepernick, patron saint of the 49ers, that “taking the knee” to protest racism and racist cops is a most admirable exercise of the First Amendment right to protest.

What Trump’s folks are saying in response is this:

“You may have a First Amendment right to disrespect our flag, or even to burn it, but you have no right to make us listen to you, or respect you, or buy tickets to your games, or watch you on Sunday.”

http://buchanan.org/blog/trump-embraces-culture-war-127745

• Like 2
  • Replies 28k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KoHeartsGPA

• datzenmike

• Draker

• a.d._510_n_ok

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the Vikings did it first but whatever...

Columbus was the first in a vanguard that resulted in the near extermination on the native peoples of the Americas in the name of religion conquest and greed. True, the conquerors get to write history.

Trump is an idiot for bringing up most of the shit news today.

Holy shit, that's one block from my office in the city.

almost anywhere else in the US people would be like "oh some douchebags in Fred Perry Shirts"

but yeah the new occupied MIssion district :frantics:

just like when Milo cam to UCB,    

1 BANNER displaying cause NO ARRESTS,  I wish football fans in US had some balls and organization

FLA-Demo7-10-17-2lead.jpg

• Like 2

I think the Vikings did it first but whatever...

Columbus was the first in a vanguard that resulted in the near extermination on the native peoples of the Americas in the name of religion conquest and greed. True, the conquerors get to write history.

Trump is an idiot for bringing up most of the shit news today.

....yep, vikings were here way before Columbus, some say 1,000 years. And Columbus discovered America by accident, hence he called the natives Indians, cuz he thought he was in India. When he discovered Murica, the indians did not even know it was missing. So what Trumpcheeto said was fake news.

Never before has a failed attempt been so praised. The guy never landed in what most of you call America by the way. South America and Central America on two separated failed missions, but not the big important America. Basically Mike, you are right. Christianity fell just short of naming him a saint.

• Like 1

Gwyneth Paltrow, Angelina Jolie and

Others Say Weinstein Harassed Them

“This way of treating women ends now,” Ms. Paltrow said as she

and other actresses accused the producer of casting-couch abuses.

When Gwyneth Paltrow was 22 years old, she got a role that would take her from actress to star: The film producer Harvey Weinstein hired her for the lead in the Jane Austen adaptation “Emma.” Before shooting began, he summoned her to his suite at the Peninsula Beverly Hills hotel for a work meeting that began uneventfully.

It ended with Mr. Weinstein placing his hands on her and suggesting they head to the bedroom for massages, she said.

“I was a kid, I was signed up, I was petrified,” she said in an interview, publicly disclosing that she was sexually harassed by the man who ignited her career and later helped her win an Academy Award.

She refused his advances, she said, and confided in Brad Pitt, her boyfriend at the time. Mr. Pitt confronted Mr. Weinstein, and soon after, the producer warned her not to tell anyone else about his come-on. “I thought he was going to fire me,” she said.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/10/us/gwyneth-paltrow-angelina-jolie-harvey-weinstein.html

• Like 1

ICE to “Sanctuary State” California: “You Can’t Stop Us”

Californians by a wide margin oppose sanctuary cities. A UC Berkeley study codified these findings for the reading public, as a nearly 80% of respondents from all political leanings opposed policies forbidding cooperation between local law enforcement and federal immigration authorities. Why should anyone be surprised? These sanctuary city policies amount to nothing more than dangerous posturing from desperate, self-serving, predominantly Democratic politicians.

Fact check, for all of you undocumented politicians: amnesty is not good. Most of the crimes in Texas, California, and Arizona are federal crimes, connected to illegal aliens. Add to that the economic war (following Steve Bannon’s rhetorical flourish) against working-class Americans witnessing the demise of their wages, their options, and their quality of life, and it’s crystal clear that illegal aliens are committing far more harm than any good.

https://townhall.com/columnists/arthurschaper/2017/10/09/ice-to-sanctuary-state-california-you-cant-stop-us-n2392400

• Like 3

Gwyneth Paltrow, Angelina Jolie and

Others Say Weinstein Harassed Them

“This way of treating women ends now,” Ms. Paltrow said as she

and other actresses accused the producer of casting-couch abuses.

When Gwyneth Paltrow was 22 years old, she got a role that would take her from actress to star: The film producer Harvey Weinstein hired her for the lead in the Jane Austen adaptation “Emma.” Before shooting began, he summoned her to his suite at the Peninsula Beverly Hills hotel for a work meeting that began uneventfully.

It ended with Mr. Weinstein placing his hands on her and suggesting they head to the bedroom for massages, she said.

“I was a kid, I was signed up, I was petrified,” she said in an interview, publicly disclosing that she was sexually harassed by the man who ignited her career and later helped her win an Academy Award.

She refused his advances, she said, and confided in Brad Pitt, her boyfriend at the time. Mr. Pitt confronted Mr. Weinstein, and soon after, the producer warned her not to tell anyone else about his come-on. “I thought he was going to fire me,” she said.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/10/us/gwyneth-paltrow-angelina-jolie-harvey-weinstein.html

Hollywood silent for decades....

NYT article published... still silent

Late night hosts .... Silent

Harvey Weinstein fired from company... Holleywood comes forward.

• Like 2

What is the difference between Roger Ailes, Bill O'Reilly, and Harvey Weinstein?

Weinstein is accused of rape, sexual assault, harassment.. but not a single joke in late night, or SNL. Nothing.. 

I don't give a shit about any of these dirt bags. Just media bias at it's finest.

• Like 4

Haha, Pence.  The highest paid protester of our time.  Seen a couple of memes today and they are dead on!  Hundreds of thousands of taxpayer dollars spent on his NFL protest stunt and you guys won't give a fuck about it.  Hey KO, you can comment "hypocrites" if you want.   

• Like 1

What is the difference between Roger Ailes, Bill O'Reilly, and Harvey Weinstein?

Weinstein is accused of rape, sexual assault, harassment.. but not a single joke in late night, or SNL. Nothing.. 

I don't give a shit about any of these dirt bags. Just media bias at it's finest.

They're waiting for the marching orders from the Democratic party, they will be mild at best just like weiners.....

• Like 1

Haha, Pence.  The highest paid protester of our time.  Seen a couple of memes today and they are dead on!  Hundreds of thousands of taxpayer dollars spent on his NFL protest stunt and you guys won't give a fuck about it.  Hey KO, you can comment "hypocrites" if you want.

Sure, I never liked Pence, and hypocrisy is alive and well on your part as well since you pointed it out and never made fun of leftist protest fails, in your face buddy!

• Like 1

Yeah.  It's odd for me because in my home state, I'm not a leftist at all.  But in this room, I sure feel like one.  Relativity I suppose.  But I believe the "paid protesters" rally cry was a far right accusation.  So I'm quite sure the hypocrisy would only apply to the accusers action.  My hypocrisy is there as well I'm sure.  Human and all.  Though I do try to be mindful of calling out others on actions I myself am guilty of.    

• Like 2

Fucking sucks that political lines are being drawn in almost every aspect of American life. Blaming one side or the other only serves to perpetuate this cultural crisis of division. Shit on the media for magnifying and capitalizing on the spectical of our Divided State of America. I'm so God Damned sick of this shit.

• Like 5