• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KoHeartsGPA

• datzenmike

• Draker

• a.d._510_n_ok

Top Posters In This Topic

Oregon is one of the worst states for any jobs with a livable income too.  Cost of living is retarded compared to median income, it also ranks among the highest tax rates in the nation. That's even without a sales tax.

I can see why it can be check to check living here even for a hard worker. I think I could make more on welfare programs.

• Like 2

Because those people understand that nothing is free no matter how many times a politician says it is.

Understood that nothing is 'free' and one way or another it's paid for by workers through taxes to their government. Schooling is 'free'. Driving on paved interstate roads is 'free'. Why not 'free' medical coverage? Why put money from your pocket into an insurance companies profit pocket? Why not have the government be the insurer?

Don't even get me started about the Oregon residents that come to my NAPA and try the "Oh, I'm tax exempt."  Yeah, we don't do that, sorry.  Are you in Oregon?  No?  Looks like you're shit out of luck!!  

Oh, and Montana.  I had one shitkicker at the main store years ago tell us we were denying his constitutional rights, he was going to call his congressman.  He went out to the parking lot yelling, got on the phone, and I'm pretty sure his congressman told him it's a state by state thing.  Tough shit.

Nothing's free. That's why we spend shit-tons fighting for our freedom...

Oh right, freedom isn't free.

I seriously want to just stop paying the portion of my taxes that pay for war. Pitch in the equivilant per capita of the next best equipped military. That would likely cut a third of my tax.

I seriously want to just stop paying the portion of my taxes that pay for war. Pitch in the equivilant per capita of the next best equipped military. That would likely cut a third of my tax.

Looks like you'll be paying Kuwaiti taxes.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_military_expenditure_per_capita

• Like 1

Thank you! I would have never guess some of the countries on that list, nor the order. Very educating.

And I'm starting to increase my willingness to be ready for war. We've got it coming for sure. Events are not random out there. I see Russia, China, Pakistan, India, North Korea all making interesting moves both politically and geographically. India is more likely just doing what's best for them.

• Like 1

http://www.militaryfactory.com/military_pay_scale.asp

Looks like we're both wrong

Like most professions, you start out making squat. But you move up in the military and your kids kids are set.

Like most professions, poor people start out making squat (E-1=$18802.80/yr) and can move up with hard work to become middle class (E-9 top pay=95,965.20/yr).

Unlike most professions, the guys with degrees who move up the ranks to the very top max out at $237,150.00/yr

The military protects business not people. Why was the world explored?? Why were colonies started?? TRADE. For that you need an army to protect your trade/resource/economic interests. Money talks. Everything is money. If the army is somewhere, it's to protect and secure their/our/your economic interests or deny it to another country.

• Like 2

The military protects business not people. Why was the world explored?? Why were colonies started?? TRADE. For that you need an army to protect your trade/resource/economic interests. Money talks. Everything is money. If the army is somewhere, it's to protect and secure their/our/your economic interests or deny it to another country.

you should watch the revenant