Why should there be any tax atall? The governments are so far into debt that they will never be clear, billions are paid to banks to cover bullshit interest rates yet the debt grows. Money from the people lines the pockets of the greedy.

Never mind the fact that more fake money from the digital economy is spent on war than it is on education or health care. Personally tax dollars being spent on bombs instead of books gives me little hope for the future.

• Replies 28k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KoHeartsGPA

• datzenmike

• Draker

• a.d._510_n_ok

Top Posters In This Topic

To funny!  You should read up on what the Wizard of Oz was really written about.

oh, I spent enough time in a liberal arts college that I know. can't believe I pay student loans for lectures about stuff like the Wizard of Oz, Puff the Magic Dragon, Broderick Crawford, Gran Turismo Omulgato - gotta love old hippies masquerading as college professors.

• Like 3

Private medical insurance is profit driven. Government insurance (in theory) would be less.

It's not.  Since Obamacare, I can't afford health insurance.  Luckily, part of Obamacare is that I get fined for not having it.  The fines don't pay for healthcare costs. 

Makes sense to me?

It is fun seeing what people think are facts and then looking up the real numbers.  

http://www.usgovernmentspending.com/per_capita

• Like 2

Holy hell. So back in 2009 we were already spending 8.3% more tax aided healthcare than defense spending.......... 6.3% more on government pensions than defense.....1.5% more on education......

Maybe the defined "Other" needs to be allocated better. More oversight of spending needs to be done. Talk about inefficient, our system sucks bad and we by the numbers spend enormous amounts on Healthcare, Education, and Pensions with very little results... this is just 2009 digits too!!!

instead of chasing straw-man arguments, we should be making it crime to mishandle tax money (it is already) and then actually prosecute people who are negligent of duty.

• Like 2

Obamacare is great if you're unemployed.

Ask my brother. He thinks its the greatest thing ever, and has even said he will never work for anyone again since its "FREE" . He also hates and anyone (no exaggeration) that has worked hard and had success financially. He claims that anyone who has success has an unfair advantage over him or people like him.......

He is also a proud follower of Bernie Sanders......Along with wishing the USA was converted to communism. 

To funny!  You should read up on what the Wizard of Oz was really written about.  

The only thing I know about what the Wiz-O-Oz is "really" about is that it's always different depending on who you ask. Another factor is if you're talking about the book, or the movie, but the theories are all over the place. For instance:

Depression Era Fear And Lack American of Leadership

Jungian Theory And Use of Symbolism to Reveal The Collective Unconscious

The Nihilist Glinda Conspiracy Theory

Religious, and or Atheist  Allegory

A Parable on American Monetary Policy And The Danger of Moving Away From The Gold Standard.

Feminist Allegory aka Suffragette Movement At The Time

Like most anything, reality is in the eye of the beholder. I think it was Immanuel Kant covered that in A Critique of Pure Reason.

• Like 2

I have a huge gripe about his attitude. There is a food pantry system setup in the small town he resides in. The pantry is run by retired Vets and elderly and is a wonderful program meant to help poor families, handycap, retired, and pretty much anyone who needs help. My asshole brother takes advantage of this program every other Thursday and tried to gripe to me about how "these people" tried to ask him to donate time to help.... He actually got pissed they would ask such a thing.

The USA is giving Iran $50 billion.. with a max of about $150 billion.

Think about that when you are filing your taxes.

Iraq war cost U.S. more than $2 TRILLION. Think about that when your government says we can't afford to educate the American people.

• Like 2

Your brother sounds like a real winner.

He is the product of pampering and being allowed to do as he pleased within my mothers home growing up.

I grew up with my father being the primary care. My older Brother and I had to work a small livestock farm. Horses, chickens, pigs, and the family animals was the daily duty. The younger brother grew up with our mom in the city.

This is the type of guy I don't want being able to get free anything. He won't work or contribute, and he has a pile of friends that are exactly the same.

Winner winner, he wants your dinner.

• Like 4

There's more money allocated in foreign policy than what meets the eye, I can't remember the numbers now but ya, it's multiple trillions of American hard working families are funding outside of our borders from aid to poor nations to war with whomever....

• Like 1

It's about how the US spends it's money right? Here's how we should be able to vote, allocate your tax dollars to what you want them to go to, so we can bypass the self serving twots in washingdumb. 

• Like 3

I would change the voting so the people living in the cities don't have all the say over the entire state.

We'd never let the people living in rural areas set rules and regulations for the cities.

It's like an apartment building with only one thermostat.

• Like 3

It's not. Since Obamacare, I can't afford health insurance. Luckily, part of Obamacare is that I get fined for not having it. The fines don't pay for healthcare costs.

Makes sense to me?

It is fun seeing what people think are facts and then looking up the real numbers.

http://www.usgovernmentspending.com/per_capita

Obama care, is not an insurance program. It's a set or rules for private insurance to follow. Still private insurance. Still profit driven.

Don't mistake this as support. I think it's a bad system. i just don't want anyone thinking Obama Care (affordable care ACT) is in any way government healthcare. I do think anything is better than leaving insurance companies in control. I do know what I'm talking about.