I'm just saying, why is that healthcare doesn't make public their prices, or reviews for physicians, or success rates of surgery, or other key pieces of information you get for almost anything else. I want to see the charges itemized.. I want to see how this compares to other facilities.

I don't want them to tell me a procedure costs $500 with insurance... or $350 without insurance. wtf is that?

• Like 4
  • Replies 28k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KoHeartsGPA

• datzenmike

• Draker

• a.d._510_n_ok

Top Posters In This Topic

They literally told someone I know.. a knee brace is $300 with insurance.. but if you pay for it yourself it's $200.

I went to a chiropractor, he said my rate is $150. If your insurance doesn't cover chiropractic work, then it's $95. 

And that folks... is how we all get screwed by the health care industry. Because insurance isn't cheap either.. They have to pay whatever arbitrary rate the medical facilities set.

• Like 1

I'm just saying, why is that healthcare doesn't make public their prices, or reviews for physicians, or success rates of surgery, or other key pieces of information you get for almost anything else. I want to see the charges itemized.. I want to see how this compares to other facilities.

I don't want them to tell me a procedure costs $500 with insurance... or $350 without insurance. wtf is that?

I'm 100% all in on this.  It shouldn't be a fleece just because our (human warranty) is covering the cost. If there is huge amounts of admin fees then itemize them. $10.00 pill should still be a $10.00 with insurance cash.

• Like 2

Perfect example is my hip surgery. If I had financed it through the clinic it was $6800 for everything, but under my insurance the price was $18,000..........Who determines the prices at that point. 

What if you elected to use your insurance... but they only covered 50% of the procedure?   

:sneaky:

What if you elected to use your insurance... but they only covered 50% of the procedure?   

:sneaky:

I outfitted the clinic with custom Monitor mounts for a %50 discount on my after insurance expense BTW.  Bartering still has its upside.  I undercut all quotes.

• Like 2

That same douche is headed to prison lol. 

Not for the gouging part but for other skeevy shit. 

Price manipulation like this only has a very short term gain, and is promptly killed by the $1.00 alternative.

Yeah I heard. He deserves it.

• Like 1

I request and receive itemized billing for my hospital visits. It's a pain, but they do it. That saline IV they give almost everyone who gets an ER room, to prevent dehydration. Most expensive bottle of water you've ever bought. It's a bag of saltwater costing the hospital $3.00 and a $0.03 syringe. But to administer it costs $400. Hmmmmm.

• Like 2

I request and receive itemized billing for my hospital visits. It's a pain, but they do it. That saline IV they give almost everyone who gets an ER room, to prevent dehydration. Most expensive bottle of water you've ever bought. It's a bag of saltwater costing the hospital $3.00 and a $0.03 syringe. But to administer it costs $400. Hmmmmm.

Funny cause when I took my dog to the emergency vet and he had an IV.. it was $100. Same stuff, same procedure... 1/4th the cost. 

• Like 2

Here is how this Murican itemizes a production order

Buyer pays:

Cost of material at cost - No Mark up

Pays $1.00 per minute of active cycle time. (Just Spindle time)

Pays for tooling cost- No Markup.

If  solid model engineering is involved or needed its $2.00 per minute.

All setup time is not charged.

All fixtures are not charged

Somehow the prices stay reasonable and I can save a little. 

I have worked at places that will mark up everything 40% and rape people on hourly shop time. It also comes down to who has the best equipment to get the work done too. Gotta pay big for fast turnaround.

The hospital markups are astronomical though.  Big money in keeping people around.

• Like 3

In 2016 we’ll witness the suicide of the Republican Party. It won’t be a moment too soon.

Republican policies are killing people. Life expectancy for most people is increasing. But Newsweek has reported that for white middle-aged males it’s decreasing. Two Princeton economists found that the mortality rate for white middle-aged Americans rose 0.5 percent per year between 1999 and 2013. That caused around 500,000 extra deaths.

This demographic segment is mostly Republican. They start on prescription painkillers and progress to heroin. They’re dying from suicide and drug overdoses. They’re depressed because their jobs and their security have vanished. As The Atlantic’s Olga Khazan put it, “Middle-aged Americans are dying of despair.”

Women, blacks and Hispanics aren’t plagued by this despair. Neither are many old males living in Vermont. That’s because they listen to clear-thinking presidential candidate Bernie Sanders. He’s connected the dots between this despair and the conservative policies that create it. They understand that America’s middle classes didn’t go from the envy of the world in 1975 to the present mess due to some Act of God falling out of the sky.

The Pope says this decline is man-made. Sharper Focus consistently gives the reasons: Reaganomics, union-bashing, diminishing wages, “free trade” agreements, trade deficits, tax policy, Republican-driven national debt, Wall Street’s recklessness. Both parties are to blame for the mess but Republicans are far and away the prime movers; they push and Democrats cave. American and Chinese billionaires laugh all the way to the bank. You don’t.

Those suicidal old men certainly don’t. They’ll never understand that Reagan’s “voodoo economics” is bleeding them white. Muddle-headed Democrats can’t connect the dots for them. It’s all a mystery to these men, so they hit the dope and die.

This frustration also created the rise of Donald Trump. He’s the undisputed ringmaster of the Republican circus. It’s payback for them. For years they stoked conservatives’ fears (welfare queens! deficits! gays! guns! religion! abortion! death panels! big government!). They encouraged the Tea Party’s loonies. They rode the tiger and now it’s eating them. Trump isn’t an establishment Republican and he’s called them out on their dishonesty, exploitation and manipulation (as a screen for his own, obviously).

The GOP routinely promises to change the economic insecurity of white middle-aged males and put things back to the Good Old Days. It pushes its true agenda instead. Republicans are a gang of licensed pirates whose goal is to transfer your money to their billionaire base (“the haves and the have-mores,” as George Bush Junior shamelessly put it). Conservatives are too stupid to see this, keep voting Republican and are now dying in greater numbers.

To the horror of the Republican establishment, Trump points out the facts of America’s decline, unlike Fox News. He points out the failure of Republican policies. But, of course, his awesome “leadership” will fix America’s problems. It’s pure fantasy. He’ll magically round up 11 million immigrants and magically wall off Mexico. And he’ll fix the economy so fast it’ll make your head spin.

So I slogged through his ghastly, rambling book to see how he’d fix “crippled America.” It was full of how his awesome genius would cure America’s decline, but economic analysis and political reality were conspicuously absent. Guess why. It’s estimated by The Week magazine that his tax policy would add around $10 trillion to national debt over the next 10 years. The principal beneficiaries would be — surprise, surprise — billionaires like Trump!

It’s the art of the steal. But facts don’t matter to his delusional fans. He staggers from one gut reaction to the next and they love it. He’s got that chip-on-shoulder swaggering attitude and that’s all that counts. Fortunately the chances of Trump becoming president are slim, according to mega-bookmakers Ladbrokes of London. As of this writing, they’re quoting his odds of becoming president at 4-1 against (fork over $1 and lose it). Hillary’s odds are 5-6on (fork over $6, get $11 back). This isn’t some opinion poll; they’ve been gambling with real money for over 100 years.

A year ago I stated: “I’m confident that the GOP will blow its chance by not reining in its loonies, its primaries will be another freak show, the entire party will implode before the 2016 elections, and Democrats will wake up and vote.” I say it again. Trump is the GOP’s likely candidate but he speaks at fourth-grade level. Do you really think he’ll survive real debates? I expect he’ll hand Democrats the Senate, House and White House. That’s why the GOP’s in panic.

So let’s welcome 2016 with optimism and join those other optimists, namely women, blacks and Hispanics. They’ll overwhelmingly vote Democratic in November. We could even say they hold the trump cards.

This is the worst lineup I've ever seen.  We are going to stumble into economic decline for the next four years minimum.  Once the dollar and markets have corrected, perhaps another good candidate would decide to run.  

Its funny. I heard from piles of liberals in 2008 about how the Republicans are no longer going to be able to win any elections. Beause the party is "imploding", "They no longer have enough people", "They are history", and "Too Racist" ect x1000 ....... Yet midterm elections came around and the Liberal/Dems had the largest defeat in House, senate, and gubernatorial seats ever. 

The theory that any party is history or is imploding is down right hyperbole. Statistics are no good until after the FACT. I want to see some betting lines going for the outcome. :D

• Like 1

In 2016 we’ll witness the suicide of the Republican Party. It won’t be a moment too soon.

Republican policies are killing people. Life expectancy for most people is increasing. But Newsweek has reported that for white middle-aged males it’s decreasing. Two Princeton economists found that the mortality rate for white middle-aged Americans rose 0.5 percent per year between 1999 and 2013. That caused around 500,000 extra deaths.

This demographic segment is mostly Republican. They start on prescription painkillers and progress to heroin. They’re dying from suicide and drug overdoses. They’re depressed because their jobs and their security have vanished. As The Atlantic’s Olga Khazan put it, “Middle-aged Americans are dying of despair.”

Women, blacks and Hispanics aren’t plagued by this despair. Neither are many old males living in Vermont. That’s because they listen to clear-thinking presidential candidate Bernie Sanders. He’s connected the dots between this despair and the conservative policies that create it. They understand that America’s middle classes didn’t go from the envy of the world in 1975 to the present mess due to some Act of God falling out of the sky.

The Pope says this decline is man-made. Sharper Focus consistently gives the reasons: Reaganomics, union-bashing, diminishing wages, “free trade” agreements, trade deficits, tax policy, Republican-driven national debt, Wall Street’s recklessness. Both parties are to blame for the mess but Republicans are far and away the prime movers; they push and Democrats cave. American and Chinese billionaires laugh all the way to the bank. You don’t.

Those suicidal old men certainly don’t. They’ll never understand that Reagan’s “voodoo economics” is bleeding them white. Muddle-headed Democrats can’t connect the dots for them. It’s all a mystery to these men, so they hit the dope and die.

This frustration also created the rise of Donald Trump. He’s the undisputed ringmaster of the Republican circus. It’s payback for them. For years they stoked conservatives’ fears (welfare queens! deficits! gays! guns! religion! abortion! death panels! big government!). They encouraged the Tea Party’s loonies. They rode the tiger and now it’s eating them. Trump isn’t an establishment Republican and he’s called them out on their dishonesty, exploitation and manipulation (as a screen for his own, obviously).

The GOP routinely promises to change the economic insecurity of white middle-aged males and put things back to the Good Old Days. It pushes its true agenda instead. Republicans are a gang of licensed pirates whose goal is to transfer your money to their billionaire base (“the haves and the have-mores,” as George Bush Junior shamelessly put it). Conservatives are too stupid to see this, keep voting Republican and are now dying in greater numbers.

To the horror of the Republican establishment, Trump points out the facts of America’s decline, unlike Fox News. He points out the failure of Republican policies. But, of course, his awesome “leadership” will fix America’s problems. It’s pure fantasy. He’ll magically round up 11 million immigrants and magically wall off Mexico. And he’ll fix the economy so fast it’ll make your head spin.

So I slogged through his ghastly, rambling book to see how he’d fix “crippled America.” It was full of how his awesome genius would cure America’s decline, but economic analysis and political reality were conspicuously absent. Guess why. It’s estimated by The Week magazine that his tax policy would add around $10 trillion to national debt over the next 10 years. The principal beneficiaries would be — surprise, surprise — billionaires like Trump!

It’s the art of the steal. But facts don’t matter to his delusional fans. He staggers from one gut reaction to the next and they love it. He’s got that chip-on-shoulder swaggering attitude and that’s all that counts. Fortunately the chances of Trump becoming president are slim, according to mega-bookmakers Ladbrokes of London. As of this writing, they’re quoting his odds of becoming president at 4-1 against (fork over $1 and lose it). Hillary’s odds are 5-6on (fork over $6, get $11 back). This isn’t some opinion poll; they’ve been gambling with real money for over 100 years.

A year ago I stated: “I’m confident that the GOP will blow its chance by not reining in its loonies, its primaries will be another freak show, the entire party will implode before the 2016 elections, and Democrats will wake up and vote.” I say it again. Trump is the GOP’s likely candidate but he speaks at fourth-grade level. Do you really think he’ll survive real debates? I expect he’ll hand Democrats the Senate, House and White House. That’s why the GOP’s in panic.

So let’s welcome 2016 with optimism and join those other optimists, namely women, blacks and Hispanics. They’ll overwhelmingly vote Democratic in November. We could even say they hold the trump cards.

Libtarded much?