• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KoHeartsGPA

• datzenmike

• Draker

• a.d._510_n_ok

Top Posters In This Topic

Sandy vadge in common in Oz as everything is upside down. It happens. Allow me to douche this post with this.. 

Crazy early morning,

I was awakened by gun fire, yelling and broken glass, my wife asks what was that, "I said sounds like swat raiding a house next door" with in a few seconds I was armed and ready to defend my home. My wife is telling me your crazy how the hell do you know that?.....I dont know, just sounds like that. Sure enough we look out the windows, Armored SWAT van in the drive way, 15 passenger van parked in my driveway, and close to 30 tactical goons in position. Then yellow tape and a couple of corners walk through....game over.

Met this guy once, knocked on his door and he yelled back deep from a room in his house, introduced myself and thats the last time I spoke to him. Not sure what happened, but for the last 6 months undercover cars have been checking this house out. And the neighborhood is up in the 350k to 450k type homes.....goes to show, you never know. Nothing on the news yet but, pretty exciting...

All this means is I can justify buying another weapon...I have always wanted a Saiga-12...great home defender
  • Like 1

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

End of argument.

If you're not from America, this includes those that think 1. They're safe because of the police or 2. The constitution is up for debate(obviously living in a fairytale, not the real world), feel free to read a history book and understand why we have the 2nd amendment. It's to defend against all enemies, both foreign and domestic. For the people, by the people means exactly that and if shit goes sideways too far we have the right, nay the responsibility to tear this fucker down and rebuild it.(steps down off soap box)

Guns are fun as hell, there's many sports based on them and a great way to do some family bonding.

• Like 2

The right to bear muskets not 30 round banana clip AK-47s.  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Really? Never read that part. You're misinterpreting something that's only a sentence long. Muskets were the pertinent arm of the day, now ARs, AKs and soforth are the pertinent arms of our time...pretty simple. If my founding fathers meant muskets, then the 2nd would say muskets. The group of men that wrote the bill of rights were quite smart enough to understand technological advancement.

• Like 1

Really? Never read that part. You're misinterpreting something that's only a sentence long. Muskets were the pertinent arm of the day, now ARs, AKs and soforth are the pertinent arms of our time...pretty simple. If my founding fathers meant muskets, then the 2nd would say muskets. The group of men that wrote the bill of rights were quite smart enough to understand technological advancement.

Give him a few,Searching

• Like 1

I see you seem to have studied constitutional law in college,, or some such place as that.. BUT the founding fathers didn't include the "second amendment" into any part the document they signed. Hence the word "amendment"  which is from the word amend  meaning to change.

In United States v. Cruikshank (1876), the Supreme Court of the United States ruled that, "The right to bear arms is not granted by the Constitution; neither is it in any manner dependent upon that instrument for its existence" and limited the applicability of the Second Amendment to the federal government.[9] In United States v. Miller (1939), the Supreme Court ruled that the federal government and the states could limit any weapon types not having a “reasonable relationship to the preservation or efficiency of a well regulated militia

but-thats-none-of-my2.jpg

• Like 2

Sorry pal but the first 10 were put in by Madison,one of the fathers, simple history book lesson. People v Heller states the people are the militia...but you conveniently left that out. And, for the record, how the hell does a modern arm not have a ''reasonable relationship to the preservation'' and especially the ''efficiency'' of said militia? I believe the saying is game, set, match. I'm done with this thread now.

• Like 1

No offense Jason :)

None taken mate, ive grown a remarkably thick skin since (and bolted on my non sandy vadge) my last temper tanty on Ratsun.

I do somedays however wish we had slightly more relaxed gun laws down here.

The random mass shootings of innocents I can do without though.

• Like 2

I would imagine reasonable for the militia would mean the usual issue for the military, perhaps? Is this not in reference to not having a standing army but expecting the voluntary militia to heed the call and be ready to defend the country?

militia; plural noun: militias

1. a military force that is raised from the civil population to supplement a regular army in an emergency.
    • a military force that engages in rebel or terrorist activities, typically in opposition to a regular army.
    • all able-bodied civilians eligible by law for military service.

'Gun' types grab for the constitution like a woman grabs for her panties,  like an addict grabs for his pipe, like a Canadian for a beaver, like a tuner grabs for his NOs, like a pilgrim for his bible, like a priest for an altar boy, like....

None taken mate, ive grown a remarkably thick skin since (and bolted on my non sandy vadge) my last temper tanty on Ratsun.

I do somedays however wish we had slightly more relaxed gun laws down here.

The random mass shootings of innocents I can do without though.

meh ... all good man ... I have/had ? a sandy vagina too  :console: :D ... keep postin glad your back !

( I haven't posted anywhere much either except today really .... new job ... lots of hours .... life changes/goes on ya know )

I'm not sure how your gun laws work exactly down there :-/

AGREED on the last ... it's truly sad ...

I shoot maybe 1-3 times a year ... that's it ... target shooting ... I don't like killing things .... just love the machinery/mechanical things/history of design.

Except I have to pay to shoot across the river (40 minutes in good traffic ?) rather than the designated forest spot ... some idiot lit it up and burned everything in that area = not open. Problem is people are making home made bombs , and doing all kinds of weird stuff in that area.

Now leaning on archery a bit more (just makes sense) .... I have some slight carpal tunnel from weight lifting , so it can be a challenge drawing back. Shit load of fun once dialed in.

• Like 1