• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KoHeartsGPA

• datzenmike

• Draker

• a.d._510_n_ok

Top Posters In This Topic

Self protection is a by product of good health is a by product of PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY.

Wow how libertarian of me.

One thing I noticed about the TNC, I mean the RNC was the amount of obese people in the audience.

These bowlfuls of jelly undulating around the aisles to the "Make America Great Again" theme.

By the looks of it America has been plenty great to them as they have consumed enough food for an emperor.

So these fatties are going to presume to dictate to me how I can be great again...and they cannot even manage their own waste lines?

Ummm okay.

The DNC doesnt need fat people.They have a liar and manipulator to make this country great again.Waste lines ? is that where you get food stamps and free shit ?

• Like 2

The DNC doesnt need fat people.They have a liar and manipulator to make this country great again.Waste lines ? is that where you get food stamps and free shit ?

No John, the WASTE line is where you wait to take a shit. Please tell me you guys don't actually think Hillary or Trump are going to make anything great, because both are lying manipulative turds that need to go to the head of the waste line to get dropped off. 

• Like 2

You are about the most hardline person on this forum. Very rigid and bigoted toward anyone contrary to your idea of reality. You sir are a scary person.

Fuck that, I nominate Ztrain.

• Like 1

Yep, and its really the banks, major corporations, lobbyist, wall street, libor, federal reserves, special interest, that run this country. The vast majority of politicians, stretch the truth, cherry pick their talking points to their advantage. Their main goal is to get elected so that they stay in power. They have mastered the art of rheroric and even major in rhetoric. Most were lawyers. I think in due time they become enslave to their own doing by accepting donations from dubious characters. Im fairly sure that most started with heartfelt idealism but once in washington they realized they have to play dirty to keep their position or move up the political ladder.

• Like 4

No John, the WASTE line is where you wait to take a shit. Please tell me you guys don't actually think Hillary or Trump are going to make anything great, because both are lying manipulative turds that need to go to the head of the waste line to get dropped off. 

Im really not sure if either of them will make things great again.I am pretty sure that Clinton will be another 4 years of nothing but the same old bullshit.At least Trump will say what needs to be said without fear of pissing people off.All this politically correct shit has done more harm than good.Does anybody think Clinton will "houseclean" government agencies to stop wasteful spending and corruption ? hell no,she wants more of it.Trump seems to have a real concern about our National debt and wants to fix it.Clinton says nothing about it as if it doesnt exist.Im not looking for "great" im looking for "fixed" 

• Like 2

Yep, and its really the banks, major corporations, lobbyist, wall street, libor, federal reserves, special interest, that run this country. The vast majority of politicians, stretch the truth, cherry pick their talking points to their advantage. Their main goal is to get elected so that they stay in power. They have mastered the art of rheroric and even major in rhetoric. Most were lawyers. I think in due time they become enslave to their own doing by accepting donations from dubious characters. Im fairly sure that most started with heartfelt idealism but once in washington they realized they have to play dirty to keep their position or move up the political ladder.

I so agree

Im really not sure if either of them will make things great again.I am pretty sure that Clinton will be another 4 years of nothing but the same old bullshit.At least Trump will say what needs to be said without fear of pissing people off.All this politically correct shit has done more harm than good.Does anybody think Clinton will "houseclean" government agencies to stop wasteful spending and corruption ? hell no,she wants more of it.Trump seems to have a real concern about our National debt and wants to fix it.Clinton says nothing about it as if it doesn't exist.Im not looking for "great" im looking for "fixed" 

At the same time, I don't think either are the boogyman, or woman they are made out to be. I want nothing more than to put our government back in the hands of the people, but I'm not willing to shoot my country in the heart in the process. At this point, I'm looking for stability. It sounds like you are a believer in what Trump is saying, but I'm dubious about his ability to deliver on his word. In the world of domestic and international politics there's a huge difference between pissing people off, and alienating an entire country, race, or religion. He has plenty to say, but doesn't have the political good sense to know how to deliver it IMO. That kind of careless indiscretion can be very costly. 

He's a successful real estate guy who knows how to gain investors confidence, I'll give him that, but running the United States of America on the world stage is not even in the same ball park. It is wildly optimistic to think that putting together a high-rise deal gives him the chops to navigate the complexity or gravity of renegotiating military treaties and trade deals with very threatened and insecure nations. I've heard nothing about his foreign policy strategy, but the outline of his economic plan shows nothing reassuring about his thinking; In fact, in many ways it's a retreat to the past. His plan is to give tax breaks to the wealthy, wage tariff wars, bring back factory jobs while eliminating the federal minimum wage, and force our foreign partners back to the bargaining table. And this is supposed to make us look strong? Given the instability around the world, I think this sends the wrong message. It sounds more like we're desperately hoping to avoid chapter 11 (which we are BTW and the world knows it). Trying to recreate the bygone days of our once great industrial based economy might sound appealing, unfortunately there's no going back. Even in industrial economies like Germany and Japan, factory workers are being squeezed by the expansion of automation. Although it would create some jobs here, unlike the past, factory jobs will not restore our middle class. 

Don't get me wrong John, I'm not saying Clinton is any better. In my eyes she's a lackey of the debt slavery banking industry, so Hillary has a vested interest in the status quo, government for and by the corporation. Other than his fuck you bombastic personality though, I honestly don't get what you guys see in Trump.

• Like 2

At the same time, I don't think either are the boogyman, or woman they are made out to be. I want nothing more than to put our government back in the hands of the people, but I'm not willing to shoot my country in the heart in the process. At this point, I'm looking for stability. It sounds like you are a believer in what Trump is saying, but I'm dubious about his ability to deliver on his word. In the world of domestic and international politics there's a huge difference between pissing people off, and alienating an entire country, race, or religion. He has plenty to say, but doesn't have the political good sense to know how to deliver it IMO. That kind of careless indiscretion can be very costly. 

He's a successful real estate guy who knows how to gain investors confidence, I'll give him that, but running the United States of America on the world stage is not even in the same ball park. It is wildly optimistic to think that putting together a high-rise deal gives him the chops to navigate the complexity or gravity of renegotiating military treaties and trade deals with very threatened and insecure nations. I've heard nothing about his foreign policy strategy, but the outline of his economic plan shows nothing reassuring about his thinking; In fact, in many ways it's a retreat to the past. His plan is to give tax breaks to the wealthy, wage tariff wars, bring back factory jobs while eliminating the federal minimum wage, and force our foreign partners back to the bargaining table. And this is supposed to make us look strong? Given the instability around the world, I think this sends the wrong message. It sounds more like we're desperately hoping to avoid chapter 11 (which we are BTW and the world knows it). Trying to recreate the bygone days of our once great industrial based economy might sound appealing, unfortunately there's no going back. Even in industrial economies like Germany and Japan, factory workers are being squeezed by the expansion of automation. Although it would create some jobs here, unlike the past, factory jobs will not restore our middle class. 

Don't get me wrong John, I'm not saying Clinton is any better. In my eyes she's a lackey of the debt slavery banking industry, so Hillary has a vested interest in the status quo, government for and by the corporation. Other than his fuck you bombastic personality though, I honestly don't get what you guys see in Trump.

What I would like to see is that the USA become the world capitol for creating viable automation to sell to other nations going into their industrial or tech revolution. The nation that creates the tools to make. 

Local municipalities become too dependent on high taxation for bloated departments. Leading to factory exodus. Again this is an obvious concern because of my profession, but its not something we should say those days are gone. We should be focused on creating tech for the world. I kinda like the idea of being able to operate a factory with a skeleton crew.

As far as the two options for office....I don't see either helping unless they abolish the over oppressive bureaucracies micro managing the ability create industrial tech booms in this country. I have heard nothing from Either saying they want to create programs to help with startups. The current president did this but only handed billions to party donors that then filed bankrupt 4 years after receiving billions in unsecured tax money. Hooray for green energies.

This is how it works though. Help your parties financial friends, and push policies that only help them enrich. 

• Like 1

I see all that and look at the way corporations buy up smaller companies and imediately think of monopoly...and guess what?......USA is the game board....and we aren't any of the characters....

• Like 1

yep...and it's the middle class that  bails out corporations (a la Savings and Loans in the 80s and recently TARP). Although they said that they profited from the TARP bail out, in the tune of $15 bil dollars but can be debated, depending on who is counting the money. The lower middle class is the new poor and if this keeps going, there's only going to be the rich and the poor.  The middle class contributes more than their fair share in keeping the US going by way of taxes.

• Like 1

What I would like to see is that the USA become the world capitol for creating viable automation to sell to other nations going into their industrial or tech revolution. The nation that creates the tools to make. 

Local municipalities become too dependent on high taxation for bloated departments. Leading to factory exodus. Again this is an obvious concern because of my profession, but its not something we should say those days are gone. We should be focused on creating tech for the world. I kinda like the idea of being able to operate a factory with a skeleton crew.

As far as the two options for office....I don't see either helping unless they abolish the over oppressive bureaucracies micro managing the ability create industrial tech booms in this country. I have heard nothing from Either saying they want to create programs to help with startups. The current president did this but only handed billions to party donors that then filed bankrupt 4 years after receiving billions in unsecured tax money. Hooray for green energies.

This is how it works though. Help your parties financial friends, and push policies that only help them enrich. 

I agree, that kind of political payback is destroying (has destroyed) our representative government. That's why I'm so focused on campaign finance reform and repeal of the Citizens United decision. If corporations or billionaire candidates want to participate in the political process and get a tax write off, let them donate to a single universal fund that ALL candidates can draw from if they reach a certain threshold of public support. I never want money interests to tell me who I can vote for ever again. 

I too think that our creativity and ingenuity are our biggest economic assets. Instead of bringing back repetitive labor factory jobs, why the F don't we revive our educational system so we can empower what we do best. If billion dollar companies like Apple, Microsoft, and Google are our greatest success stories, why aren't we tooling up our educational system to meet the demands of the future. I ride BART to work in San Francisco every day and those trains are fill with tech workers from other countries. These are jobs that aren't shipped over seas, but there aren't enough qualified people here to fill them. It seems like a no brainer, but I can't help but think that a well educated strong middle class is seen as a threat by the status quo system. Students coming out of their undergraduate already $75K in debt. Step onto the debt slavery treadmill bitch, you work for the bank now. WTF is going on?

• Like 1

I agree, that kind of political payback is destroying (has destroyed) our representative government. That's why I'm so focused on campaign finance reform and repeal of the Citizens United decision. If corporations or billionaire candidates want to participate in the political process and get a tax write off, let them donate to a single universal fund that ALL candidates can draw from if they reach a certain threshold of public support. I never want money interests to tell me who I can vote for ever again. 

I too think that our creativity and ingenuity are our biggest economic assets. Instead of bringing back repetitive labor factory jobs, why the F don't we revive our educational system so we can empower what we do best. If billion dollar companies like Apple, Microsoft, and Google are our greatest success stories, why aren't we tooling up our educational system to meet the demands of the future. I ride BART to work in San Francisco every day and those trains are fill with tech workers from other countries. These are jobs that aren't shipped over seas, but there aren't enough qualified people here to fill them. It seems like a no brainer, but I can't help but think that a well educated strong middle class is seen as a threat by the status quo system. Students coming out of their undergraduate already $75K in debt. Step onto the debt slavery treadmill bitch, you work for the bank now. WTF is going on?

I see we rage at the same shit. 

I support Mike Rowe and his foundation. 

• Like 2

For one thing, our college educational systems have become a diploma mill and focuses on making money (a la private colleges, Healed college). Further, they are behind as far as what the technology companies are seeking and if you attend a university or private college and major in the Social Sciences don't expect to make enough money to live on, specially here in the Bay Area,  let alone pay off your student loans.  I'm been in the business of helping people find meaningful employment and have been doing this for like 20 years and a lot has to do with students expectations.  For example, just because, they have a "college degree" they expect to get paid like $50K/year not knowing that a BA degree in history or the social sciences is a stepping stone for being a lawyer or a Master's degree in the Behavioral Sciences. I believe in internships that coincides with a students major but there's not enough to go around.  So to make enough money, specially in the Bay Area, one must major in Engineering or get certified in the Health/Hospital Industry. 

• Like 1

I see we rage at the same shit. 

I support Mike Rowe and his foundation. 

YES! Cool to see a celebrity use their fame to champion common sense solutions this country so badly needs.

For one thing, our college educational systems have become a diploma mill and focuses on making money (a la private colleges, Healed college). Further, they are behind as far as what the technology companies are seeking and if you attend a university or private college and major in the Social Sciences don't expect to make enough money to live on, specially here in the Bay Area,  let alone pay off your student loans.  I'm been in the business of helping people find meaningful employment and have been doing this for like 20 years and a lot has to do with students expectations.  For example, just because, they have a "college degree" they expect to get paid like $50K/year not knowing that a BA degree in history or the social sciences is a stepping stone for being a lawyer or a Master's degree in the Behavioral Sciences. I believe in internships that coincides with a students major but there's not enough to go around.  So to make enough money, specially in the Bay Area, one must major in Engineering or get certified in the Health/Hospital Industry. 

I would agree that many private for profit schools are diploma mills, but even the city college system has very tight standards for student support and qualifications of teachers. Getting a job on the other hand, as you said, it really depends on the job market you are in. The truth is, you can get an entry level job in an unrelated field with a BA in social sciences. You might even find one paying $50K a year in San Francisco, but you and I know with that income, if you're paying $800 a month on student loans you'd have to live in a card board box somewhere in the east bay, or even worse with your parents. I'm not socking away money for my kids education so they can come back and live at home. If there's one thing I've learned as a parent, it's that kids make shitty room mates. 

Assuming a person makes 50 k a year and 30% for taxes which equals 35K a year net or about $2,900 a month, if a person has a student loan of $800, he/she still has $2,100/month.  But like most people they have to have a brand new car which will cost like $600 month, and most don't cook so they eat out, you can find a room around where I live for like $700/month, fairly decent area in North San Jose.  So from $2,100 - $1,300 ($600 plus $700) = $800 left.  My neighbor is renting a room for that much.  The problem that I see is that most people's spending habits are very poor and lack discipline.  Rather than buy a good running use car, they opt for a new car and I did not even add insurance, gas, cell phone bill and/or health insurance.  So yes, $50K a year is nothing here in the bay area but he/she can live okay if they manage their money right.  BTW, a starting salary of $50K for someone who majored in the social sciences is a very good salary considering that a lot of jobs in the non-profits are only paying like $35 K.