Ben Franklin "Those who would give up their rights for temporary safety deserve neither their rights nor safety."    It was true in the 18th century, and it is still TRUE!  Does no one give a Damn as to the founding fathers' wisdom was?  Of course I am speaking fot the USA Founding Fathers, not the British Governer of Nova Scotia post the American Revolution [at which his post he failed abysimally], the would be the attempted surrender of West Point, and former hero of the Battle of Syracuse, Benedict Arnold.  By the way. all of his sons made Brigadeer in the British Army.

• Like 1
  • Replies 28k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KoHeartsGPA

• datzenmike

• Draker

• a.d._510_n_ok

Top Posters In This Topic

With respect to the balance of power between the people vs the government, I see things like the Patriot Act and diminished gun rights as huge threats to the publics safety. In terms of common sense gun safety though, I think we can do a hell of a lot better than we are now. In the face of a perceived threat of terrorism, we were all too god damn willing to forgo our right to privacy, because it was believed that our right and fundamental need to protect our personal privacy from our own government was less important than giving our government the right to monitor everything WE THE PEOPLE say and do. Why did we do this? So our corrupt government could protect us from "terrorists", a boogie man of their own creation. Where is the fucking outcry over this? Why the fuck aren't we up in arms that the NSA has the power to listen to and monitor who ever they want? It pisses me off that everyone focusses so much attention on the second amendment, but couldn't give a shit about the fourth. Stupid fucks have no idea what they gave up, and the government did it right in front of us. If ignorance is bliss, than American's are on cloud 9.

The fact is, our government couldn't take our guns even if they wanted to, because we the people wouldn't give them up. Like it or not, guns are here to stay. Outlaw them, and just like prohibition, the black market would absolutely thrive. Meanwhile the sheeple are so blissfully unaware of the immense amount of information that is collected about their personal lives, not only by our government, but by corporations. Companies like Google know more about you than your closest friend, or partner. Shit, down load an app like Trivia Crack on an Android device and people gladly allow Google access to their location, contacts, stored data including photos, their network and other devices on it, and even their device's camera so they can watch you. Same for Microsoft, Apple, Xbox, on, and on. Ignorant shits don't even realize, they're already a sitting duck. And everyone's ass is puckered up sweating guns? Oh bliss. 

Those nerds that the gun nuts made fun of in high school are the ones that could actually make a difference against the government. Our government is so technology dependent at this point... Can you imagine fighting distant wars without even radios? I would expect disaster.

Conservative/Liberal  Yin/Yang.  One can not exist without the other. Choosing is losing.

Sorry, but the founding fathers were conservatives. Liberalism didn't exist until the 30's,mostly brought about by Eleanor Roosevelt.

This is why Liberals are always wrong.

• Like 1

Sorry, but the founding fathers were conservatives. Liberalism didn't exist until the 30's,mostly brought about by Eleanor Roosevelt.

This is why Liberals are always wrong.

So you're saying Lincoln and the Republicans weren't liberal WAY back in the 1800s? According to your statement, you are a liberal.

And conservatives are sweet understanding people? I guess if you choose a sides, instantly your shit don't stink.

People lose touch with subjectivity when they've got they're heads stuck too far up they're own reality. 

You're on to something here, between fast and furious and gun runner, you have sandy hoax and this. It's devious assed anti rights folk trying to keep people scared into giving up rights so a new world order bullshit agenda can be pushed. All the idiots that fall for scary words like assault weapon when referring to a low power semi auto help the real problem get swept under the rug. Big gubment wants to stay big, they could care less about your rights as long as it fills their pockets. The media feeds mindless drivel to keep sheeple occupied while more and more freedoms disappear. I fear that the general population will not wake up to it until it's far too late, or possibly not at all. The only reason those in power want to disarm civilians is to make rebellion less of a threat, to not admit this is equal to an ostrich with its head in the sand.

Sandy hoax ? if you're reffering to the Sandy Hook shooting as a hoax you have no class or brains for that matter.I'd say put the tinfoil hat back on but you dont need it.Nothing to protect there.

• Like 1

Twisted projecting again?

yes, subjective reality is exactly what you, and every polarized liberal or conservative suffers from to some extent.

Subjectivity:

a, relating to the way a person experiences things in his or her own mind

b,  based on feelings or opinions rather than facts

yes, subjective reality is exactly what you, and every polarized liberal or conservative suffers from to some extent.

Subjectivity:

a, relating to the way a person experiences things in his or her own mind

b,  based on feelings or opinions rather than facts

You as in Paratentious commit this act quite often.

Psychological projection is a theory in psychology in which humans defend themselves against their own unconscious impulses or qualities (both positive and negative) by denying their existence in themselves while attributing them to others.

Not to mention a cursory assumption of what was said in a persons post. It is quite obvious you didn't like the exclusion of conservatives being culpable in the Q comment edit.

You can totally re-edit the rhetorical post since it hurts you too see things left out. 

And conservatives are sweet understanding people? I guess if you choose a sides, instantly your shit don't stink.

People lose touch with subjectivity when they've got they're heads stuck too far up they're own reality.

Don't get confused paradime, I'm not choosing sides, just remember that it was Democrats that spear headed a little genocide....

11 days ago this was trending. 

As was your mum a few minutes ago

i just saw it this morning catching in car forum funny picture thread located over on your side of the Pacifical waters and what-not

• Like 1

You as in Paratentious commit this act quite often.

Psychological projection is a theory in psychology in which humans defend themselves against their own unconscious impulses or qualities (both positive and negative) by denying their existence in themselves while attributing them to others.

Not to mention a cursory assumption of what was said in a persons post. It is quite obvious you didn't like the exclusion of conservatives being culpable in the Q comment edit.

You can totally re-edit the rhetorical post since it hurts you too see things left out. 

Come on Matt, stop being so damn defensive and projecting your fear of being portentous on to me.

"Psychological projection is a theory in psychology in which humans defend themselves against their own unconscious impulses or qualities (both positive and negative) by denying their existence in themselves while attributing them to others"

Plagiarized From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychological_projection

I clearly stated once people choose a side both liberals and conservatives think their shit don't stink. It's like Yin denying the Yang. You want to project portentousness onto me for calling that out, I have no way to defend myself. 

Look up Descartes and Subjectivism. If it makes you feel better, I know my reality is as subjective as anyone here. Before we make fools of ourselves arguing our BS again, lets just admit we are more alike than either of us want to admit. 

• Like 1

Don't get confused paradime, I'm not choosing sides, just remember that it was Democrats that spear headed a little genocide....

No Q, I actually agree with what you said. The traits of liberal and conservative mindsets remain the same, it's the parties that shift like camellias.