lol... Dick's getting sued for age discrimination by Oregon man for not selling rifle to 20 year old.

Who know's if it will go anywhere, but it will sure cost them some coin.

Legally it's discrimination so it might go somewhere.

• Like 1
  • Replies 28k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KoHeartsGPA

• datzenmike

• Draker

• a.d._510_n_ok

Top Posters In This Topic

The tariffs are bargaining chips.. and we have the upper hand. He's just sticking to exactly what he said on the campaign trail.. and what he was elected for.

Yes and no re: campaign promises. He's hurting US factory's, reducing our ability to be competitive with goods. Industries such as auto manufacturing and anything else using steel or aluminum will be hurt. Bargaining chip I agree with. But I don't agree with him hurting manufacturing to build his stacks.

Regarding Dicks and Walmart law suit.....

aren't there are states that require one to be 21 years to purchase a rifle?  So I don't think discrimination will stand and I'm also fairly sure Dicks and Walmarts decision was fed through their legal team before they went ahead.

Not sure, California is one of the raped 2A states and it’s 18 for long gun, 21 for handgun.

Suit is in Oregon, where it's 18 for a rifle.

Quoted wrong person.. meh

Edited by Draker

No they aren't but i would think a large company like Dick's has some on their payroll.Why wouldn't this 20 year old just go buy his gun somewhere else ?

Why didn't the gay couple buying a wedding cake just go buy a cake somewhere else? Instead its going all the way to the supreme court.

• Like 6

Yes and no re: campaign promises. He's hurting US factory's, reducing our ability to be competitive with goods. Industries such as auto manufacturing and anything else using steel or aluminum will be hurt. Bargaining chip I agree with. But I don't agree with him hurting manufacturing to build his stacks.

Balance the hurt , steel and aluminium mfg.. could quickly pay off for both?

Kroger and LL bean also upped the age to 21 to buy rifles.

I lived in Maine for 8 years, and let me tell you: only the flagship store in Freeport sells firearms, and they only have hunting rifles and shotguns. Upping the age to 21 in their store does absolutely NOTHING. It's a political move, and nothing more. Between that and recently axing their lifetime guarantee, I will no longer be shopping there.

Why didn't the gay couple buying a wedding cake just go buy a cake somewhere else? Instead its going all the way to the supreme court.

Because everyone wants their slice of pie. End of story. 

Of course, this cake maker moron could have just turned them away because he was "too busy," or some other bullshit. Instead he fucked himself and turned it into discrimination. That doesn't make either party right. The US is turning into a nanny state. People suing each other, self entitlement, pussy ass kids, etc. etc.

I used to get spanked when I was a kid. Now you'd end up in jail for disciplining your own kid.

• Like 2