Show me your Tool............

Anyone recommend a certain grease gun?  My old one is mia and I do remember not liking it.  For the 14.5oz cartridges.

And vacuum pump?  Electric for doing car ac systems?  I have been reading on those and a lot of the info clashes with its self.  Fucking internets.  Would be doing maybe a dozen systems a year.  

And I am trying to for a change stay away from harbor freight for a change.  lulz

• 7 months later...
  • Replies 675
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 year later...

zEEQqpf.jpg

Needed something that would cut 1" holes in metal. Have various hole saws but kind if light duty and look like for drywall or wood.  Found this on Amazon for the ridiculous price of $11 CDN!!!!! Comes in a plastic case, has two drill bits and an Alan wrench. Carbide teeth silver soldered in. Most of the ones on line are thin flimsy crap with stamped out teeth that are tempered.

After ordering it I had to go back and make sure it wasn't $111.

• Like 2

I used a drill press before but with this one it was just an electric drill. The chips really flew. Like a chain saw. Maybe I'm just easily impressed. Had to hole a 2" muffler pipe so a curved surface.

6 minutes ago, datzenmike said:

I used a drill press before but with this one it was just an electric drill. The chips really flew. Like a chain saw. Maybe I'm just easily impressed. Had to hole a 2" muffler pipe so a curved surface.

Got a link for that? I have to imagine at that price that is either a mistake or something going on.

Should work well if you keep the speed slow, seems like the same idea behind the cold cutting saw blades.

A neighbor let me use his Makita cold chop saw and I was really impressed with the speed and straightness of the cut and low amount of sparks compared to my abrasive chop saw.

I built this for my grinders and belt sander.  It's got a winch that allows me to adjust the height of the tools to be at a comfortable working height.  I made it to save space in my small shop.   both grinders are over 1hp! 

Jf3Fzo2.jpg

• Like 6
24 minutes ago, Icehouse said:

I built this for my grinders and belt sander.  It's got a winch that allows me to adjust the height of the tools to be at a comfortable working height.  I made it to save space in my small shop.   both grinders are over 1hp! 

Jf3Fzo2.jpg

What I imaging Ratsun would look like inside if cut open

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
13 hours ago, Ooph! said:

Should work well if you keep the speed slow, seems like the same idea behind the cold cutting saw blades.

A neighbor let me use his Makita cold chop saw and I was really impressed with the speed and straightness of the cut and low amount of sparks compared to my abrasive chop saw.

Yup, I cut at slow speeds. Big-ish chips no sparks.

• Like 2
  • 2 months later...
16 hours ago, bottomwatcher said:

Finally pulled the trigger on this yesterday. Too many rusty bolts in my life to deal with manually anymore.IMG-20220611-WA0003.thumb.jpeg.8f93efe3c511515a38157f1d88ec7b61.jpeg

Nice.  I bought one 3 months ago.  I am very much enjoying it.   Real test will be these honda crank pully bolts.   

Edited by bilzbobaggins
  • Like 1
20 hours ago, bilzbobaggins said:

Nice.  I bought one 3 months ago.  I am very much enjoying it.   Real test will be these honda crank pully bolts.   

Just for that purpose I ordered the Ridgid high torque model when home Depot had a crazy sale with battery and charger for $119. It said there were like 700 in stock when I ordered, then they said they ran out of stock and mine was on back order for a month until they canceled it. Fffffffffff

• Sad 1
  • 1 month later...

I recently broke my third cheap-ass Harbor Freight drop light.  I found this one at Home Depot, and as silly as it sounds, I haven't been this satisfied with anything I've bought in a long time.  It's $26.00 and seems like a bargain compared to a $15-$20 one from Harbor Freight.

It's got a 25ft power cord, really strong magnets that stick really well, it has a convenience ac outlet on the handle, and I've dropped it numerous times and it's still working fine. It's really bright, as well.

I couldn't be happier with this item, and just wanted to pass it along.

Husky drop light at the Homie Depot

Edited by Duncan
  • Like 2
  • 4 weeks later...
On 6/11/2022 at 2:00 PM, thisismatt said:

Bought a brand new Honda self propelled mower.  Used it last Saturday.  Found a pool of oil under it today.  Dipstick tube o-ring pinched from the factory.  What are the odds?  FML.

Actually very good odds. All quality these days is in the shit tank. If it isn't made by children it's made by children in China. Everyone wants cheap and the market is flooded with cheap, trying to undercut everyone else. Cheap labor, cheap parts quality, worthless warranty, cheap design you name it. Nobody cares but the guy buying it. Tools used to last a lifetime 75 years ago.

• Like 1