• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest 510kamikazifreak

The Leno effect is a real thing.... I'm scared

BE very afraid....

Soon to be at a garage near you...the hipster 510 owners

Resistance is futile...it's already here. How can you deny the beauty and simplicity of the design.  There's a guy I posted Craigslist and willing to trade his 240SX racer for a Datsun 510...the other day a Barista asked me about my car and was seriously asking about cost, parts and how to get one.

Guest 510kamikazifreak

It's already happening. I've been seeing it at some ratsun meets.  :geek:

:rofl:

Oh great,not only do I have to deal with the crazy old farts tales about 510's , Now I have to deal with this too

Not a Datsun, but today I pulled over to check out a car for sale on the side of the road. Looked great fron far away. Up close however... dents all over, runs in the paint and other blemishes. Ripped seats scratched, you name it. A 1968 Impala with a 307 is NOT a desirable car by no means. Only wants $19,000....

It will pass. People have stopped looking for 67 GTO's that where made the hot item after the movie XXX. Or 67 Fastback Mustangs after Eleanor. This will pass too. 

There is always a frenzy after things like this happen, but, it will stop once people figure out they are old cars that actually need work and money. 

Yeah, makes me sad for all the 510 we scrapped in the 80's

Guest 510kamikazifreak

What if Leno could be a pal and publically announce Datsuns as useless lawn ornaments

We'd have all the Datsuns for cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep

Not L.e.n.o Approved :rofl:

Guest IPS Community

Must be nice being him. All he has to do is find some ratty shit car out there, show it up on TV... and he creates his own equity.  Someone should turn him in for cheating on the autolotto. 

IPS Approved

I was sent several hate mails for the recent increase in your cars value and made aware of this thread, the datsun 510 has always been one of my favorite classic Japanese automobiles. and I am sorry if you dont want your cars to be worth more. I understand if you are looking to buy one that might be frustrating but if you already own one than what is the problem? Anyways if its from my show its just a fad and will fade.

Thanks Jay D Leno