The L.e.n.o effect

Guest 510kamikazifreak

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest 510kamikazifreak

Most I ever sold one of my datsuns for is 2300 :rofl: And it was a really good five ten.

Now it would be $8300..by some fool

And would rot into the ground :console:

Too much

Hardly. It was a fair price for that car.  Specially for the lack of rust it had, plus mods.  It was well worth every penny.  Hell, im a cheap bastard but I would have paid that much for it... 

Guest 510kamikazifreak

Hardly. It was a fair price for that car.  Specially for the lack of rust it had, plus mods.  It was well worth every penny.  Hell, im a cheap bastard but I would have paid that much for it... 

and tamponed it the next day

:poke: :rofl:

Guest 510kamikazifreak

Hard parts done....

I meen it is super hard to have a 510 and not mess with it.... for 20 years.

:lol:

Sad but true story

Am I complaining my car may go up ?

Think of it this way,

would you like to have the wanna be's buying them up, to let them rot and get crushed?

Personally no I wouldnt.I know they are a great car,been driving them for 25 or so years.

This is what ticks me off,people get all big $$$ in their eyes,and then the car is left to rot for another 10 20 30 yeras?

To me it makes no sense.

I do have an Idea on what it costs to properly restore a car. I was in the trade for years :sneaky:

I have always had a 510 since 1988,and before that, the first car I bought was a 510.

And the fact that people would rather let them rot into the ground,because they "think" they are worth the big "money" just :confused:

I'm sorry, I think you took that personally.  It was not meant to be a person attack.

Theres only a couple 510's im willing to spend over 10k on...and im actually buying one of them.  

Step one buy datsun 510.

Step two ........................... Normally id leave this blank, but here letting it rot sounds good.

Step three  PROFIT!

• Like 1

On the bright side people that know datsun will most likely know about the 510. Selling them is probably not hard. For me having got myself into an odd ball Datsun if it ever had some sort of major failure IDE let my 810 rot to the ground rather than let it be scrapped.

That guy seems to be asking a bit too much for his stuff. Although the price of complete sets of SU's have been going up, the last set I saw sold for $325 in similar condition to those he listed but with no pics, hard to say for sure.

Ztherapy charges over $600 to rebuild them so I guess a decent running set should be worth at least half of that. 

http://modesto.craigslist.org/cto/3702504601.html

Is that a pile of rat shit on the passenger seat?

That car for $1K is even too much for the east coast. But it does say OBO and he is willing to sell the engine separately for $450 (Capri V6) so maybe he would sell the car for $200-$300.Lots of people start out with a higher asking price as most people like to haggle it down a bit. 

Guest 510kamikazifreak

That guy seems to be asking a bit too much for his stuff. Although the price of complete sets of SU's have been going up, the last set I saw sold for $325 in similar condition to those he listed but with no pics, hard to say for sure.

Ztherapy charges over $600 to rebuild them so I guess a decent running set should be worth at least half of that. 

I know what they are going for, stuff like that pops up,just makes me shake my head

Guest 510kamikazifreak

That car for $1K is even too much for the east coast. But it does say OBO and he is willing to sell the engine separately for $450 (Capri V6) so maybe he would sell the car for $200-$300.Lots of people start out with a higher asking price as most people like to haggle it down a bit. 

what ticks me off,is people automatically assume a pos is worth what a decent one i,just because they saw it on ebay or something.

autolotto

Guest 510kamikazifreak

I got mine with manifold, unmolested and the choke cables cut off probably in Japan when the motor was pulled. $50.

Thats a bargain :thumbup: , and the ones posted are a rip off