The L.e.n.o effect

Guest 510kamikazifreak

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I like checking out the over priced 510s and asking the owner if its ok if i poke around under the car. :angel:

looking concerned by the handful of jack's pulled off the rocker or upper frame rail, such owners usually relinquish the car for what I offer

guy was asking $2400 for these two plus spares no papers

I paid $800 for the pair and spares kept the spares and a few bits moved them on two years later for $800. the cost of glass and scrap.

aDSCN0578_zps681d4d69.jpg

aDSCN0577_zps2e451d5d.jpg

I got this very nice 68 shell for $500 with papers. moved it on 5 years later to a guy for $800 who cut it up to fix 2 2drs. the pics of the insides made me regret the sale. he gave me the doors back and it gave me a warm feeling

aDSCN0579_zps05d0ed4a.jpg

even with the deals i have made over the ten years of playing with 510s I think they are under valued.

what do you guys think these cars should be priced at? I might have to sell one i'm running out of dry parking.  all cars run minimal rust repair on all. as well as less than 10,000ml on new stock brakes and suspension.

P2130023_zpsf411dc58.jpg

Try to find anything down here in San Diego.Ive been looking for a rolling shell and people want ridiculous money for a 510 thats one step away from the junkyard.Craigslist has had the same show quality 510 listed for months.$8,000 bucks and isnt worth $4,000.If the stuff im seeing gets the prices the sellers are asking my car is worth a small fortune.I liked that Leno thing with the blue car but it created quite a demand for Datsuns all of a sudden.All these recent want adds are kind of funny.

u referring to this one?

8631840798_3fe2513b10.jpg

Feeding frenzy go!

One of our longtime friends of the family just moved to St. John WA.  I think it was in a smaller po-dunk town he saw this, but anyway, that was of this weekend and there is a phone number listed.  I think it's a bit much, but it does run and it is rare.

photo-19_zps176e261c.jpg

photo-20_zpscc8f2ebb.jpg

photo-21_zpsa32783f3.jpg

The next big wave- 82' to 92' Camaros. I can guarantee it!

3rd generation Camaros are already on their way up a little. I was looking at getting an IROC before I picked up my goon last year. Not everyone's cup of tea but I've always liked them.

i remember when i first started my interest in b210s i used to see them regularly posted in california for under a grand, a lot of times 600$.   it doesnt seem that way anymore, there is even a guy on here that says, he either wants 2k or he will see it for scrap.  

i really dont think it has anything to do with leno, its more of a cultural change where people are starting to think that anything that is old must be worth money.  take a look at shows like pawnstars or storagewars, people want to believe that their junk will make them wealthy.  they do "research" by looking for what other peoples asking prices are but not selling prices and believe that thats the value.  

ive only seen that show a couple of times, i liked it but at the end when they tallied up their "profit,"  i couldnt get past their math being off by a couple grand.  made me think the money aspect of the show was bullshit. the builds were pretty awesome, though. 

I sold my 510 wagon, 17 yrs ago for $5500.

safe_image.jpg

It doesn't look anywhere near that good today and it would probably bring that or more today.

Not for sale though.

Taken last week.

274E2445-120B-495B-B87D-EDF0F8494C69-421

15FE1A34-03B3-4F88-9EEE-5A5065B2AC08-421

Anymore old pics of it?

Guest 510kamikazifreak

i really dont think it has anything to do with leno, its more of a cultural change where people are starting to think that anything that is old must be worth money.  take a look at shows like pawnstars or storagewars, people want to believe that their junk will make them wealthy.  they do "research" by looking for what other peoples asking prices are but not selling prices and believe that thats the value.  

^^ Right

Fast and loud, those guys are cool and I like watching their show. But those guys pay way to much for what they buy. 

Those made for TV pick your nose type shows,

are an absolute joke...Nothing like paid drama...trying to "pawn" it off as the real deals

HESTER-YUUUUP.jpg

Those made for TV pick your nose type shows,

are an absolute joke...Nothing like paid drama...trying to "pawn" it off as the real deals

I've seen a share of reality tv shows. In the beginning its more pure, after a season or two its complete tv drama. This I do know.  You can see scripted shit to often on the shows after they've been on for a minute...