Misinformation, look here to get the 411

Bob3

• Replies 810
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is awesome, Bob! Can I feature it once it's done? :w00t: Can't wait to see it next to the MX520.

Sure you can. I was just telling my wife; "I bet once this one is done and at the track or a show more pictures will be taken of this one than the MX520". What do you think?

• Like 1
Sure you can. I was just telling my wife; "I bet once this one is done and at the track or a show more pictures will be taken of this one than the MX520". What do you think?

The room for you to stretch out inside will make it your fav over the 520 on road trips :thumbup:

• Like 1

that leg room is perfect for me.......thats thoughtful of u ....lol.......nice job on the weight balance.....i cant keep up with the updates its going so fast...i think of u every time faster the than redneck comes on......it would be a tough choice though for u ...."so do i embarass them with the goon or throw a load of bark in the truck and really show them ..."

your wouldn't by chance have any spare miata tranny's laying around?   i need one for my mazda pick up.... its a direct bolt in upgrade for the truck tranny bell and tail housing.....i been surfing the local lists but no luck ... fer about 6 months....

What I think is that they will be better together than apart after they are both out there, they will be a set, diminished if not together, but that is your fault, you have no one to blame but yourself for making such awesome vehicles.

Diminished is not the right word, but I will be disappointed if I don't get to see both of them side by side someday.  :)

BTW, here is your next one.

http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/cto/3691050953.html

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

I removed more of the floor to gain clearance for the drive shaft, exhaust and the power plant frame. Miata's have an aluminum frame that bolts to the transmission and the differential to keep them in perfect alignment at all times. The drive shaft is at the shop being lengthened. The stock 411 radiator is at the shop getting checked out. It's getting closer, 25 days to go!

3-19-132_zpscf03efa5.jpg

• Like 1

Very good stuff indeed.  I was able to use some of the info you provided on  your MX520 build for a project of my own.  I appreciate the fabrication work and the extra work to document it here.  I look forward to seeing misinformation driving down the road!

• Like 1
Do you have any photos of the suspension and drive train installed in it miata? I am curious to see how the factory installed them. I enjoy seeing the process of adapting an fitting new things into old things.

It is installed exactly the same on this car as a Miata. I used all of the stock unmodified floor pan and mounting points. In fact, one of my Miata racing buddies was here the other day and was under the car looking up at the under-carriage and said "you would never know that you were not under a Miata from this view".

Rad. That's awesome. I think down the road I might add struts to my fifty nine. I saw it happening when I saw your cutouts in the real. But I am just not ready to cut the sheet metal in that fashion yet. I want have it feel stock as best I can for a little while. Amazing work again. It's a good clean swap.

I put the coilovers on and got it down to ride height. I'm going to have to cut the rear doors for tire clearance. It looks like the top of the rear fender flare is going to be mounted about 5" below the window! :thumbup:

3-20-132_zpsd6401ee7.jpg

3-20-133_zpsd5b2005d.jpg

3-20-134_zps1086167e.jpg

• Like 1