Misinformation, look here to get the 411

Bob3

• Replies 810
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am way too busy to mess w/ my dattos right now, so let me just thank you for my nightly fix of watching you kick this things ass Bob. Keep it up!

Thanks Fisch. It means a lot coming from you!

Yes it does look familiar, but it is in "fast forward", it's happening way to fast, someone slow the tape down, it's exhausting.  :lol:

Good work Bob, I bet you would have done the 520 differently now, but then the MX520 would not likely have been as great of a thread either, so things have worked out as they should I would think.  :thumbup:

• Like 1

i showed a friend his ./.. and he was like ..."wait he cut up that mint  411 goon....."and then i showed him the last two pages and your truck build ... and he finshed that sentence by sayin... "and totally is building the coolest shit ever...."  followed by two wows and a holy shit......

i like how the 710 is even intently watching the progress....

• Like 1

Day 30 = half way through the time I've allowed myself for this build :huh:

I've started on the rear end and hope to have it done this weekend. I picked up 63 feet of 1.5" x .095" D.O.M. roll bar tubing today. I'm going to fully cage this car in order to make it as stiff as possible.

3-14-131_zpsf3eba768.jpg

rollbartubing_zps2d8cf1cc.jpg

• Like 2
Day 30 = half way through the time I've allowed myself for this build :huh:

I've started on the rear end and hope to have it done this weekend. I picked up 63 feet of 1.5" x .095" D.O.M. roll bar tubing today. I'm going to fully cage this car in order to make it as stiff as possible.

3-14-131_zpsf3eba768.jpg

rollbartubing_zps2d8cf1cc.jpg

You were undecided when we last talked, tell me why you decided to use the Miata floor instead of fabing? Easier process I would think, but I value your thoughts. The pics are great, but I'm sure a lot of guys like to hear your thoughts on why you do things the way you do. Your Thinking needs to be shared to spread the wealth, so to speak. :thumbup:

He was thinking outside the box with this one. The 520 and the 411 are two totally different platforms. The 520 was frame and body and the 411 is unibody. He really thought outside the box with the 411 by using the floor, firewall and frame rails all in one piece. A lot of thought is going into this build, measure twice, cut once. It sounds simple and especially when he fitted everything in.

I can't imagine the amount of fabrication he would have had to do with conventional thinking in making just the suspension and engine made to fit the 411 instead of bringing the majority of the miata with its drivetrain and suspension virtually intact over to the 411. Good planning and thinking ahead makes for great execution and especially in the time frame he set up.

• Like 1

I started on the cage tonight. It's kinda funny how far back I'm going to sit in this thing! The main hoop is in the middle of the rear door.

cage3-15-131_zpsaa6d06cb.jpg

cage3-15-132_zps5cbf0fa8.jpg

cage3-15-133_zpsd64a073d.jpg