Misinformation, look here to get the 411

Bob3

• Replies 810
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bob3 is like Indy,,,,, except. He's got a lift, a level and a spare Miata! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

terrible analogy ...bobs cars live on ....not cease to exist as a driver... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Bob3 is like Indy,,,,, except. He's got a lift, a level and a spare Miata! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

...and he puts things back together so they run.

If they were neighbors and Indy did the pics this would be ubber cool, but then Bob would never make his finish date with Indy always pushing it out into the yard for photo shoots every step.

• Like 1

The center line is perfect!

I will get the pan all welded in now and start on the firewall and inner fenders.

Don't worry it will be about 4" lower when it's done.  :P 

testfit4_zps18f8b371.jpg

testfit2_zpsd7bdbc61.jpg

testfit1_zps5c37fd4b.jpg

testfit3_zpsb178bb54.jpg

• Like 1

Hrm, that is interesting. I have never had a chance to really look at a miata but they seem to have a ton of room in front of the engine looking at those pics. It that where the engine sits in the miata normally?

Hrm, that is interesting. I have never had a chance to really look at a miata but they seem to have a ton of room in front of the engine looking at those pics. It that where the engine sits in the miata normally?

Yes.

I cut about 7" off the front of the Miata frame rails. This is held together in these pics with vice grips just for mock-up. I have 12.5" from the front of the valve cover to the back of the core support. It is going to work well. :thumbup:

clipmock-up1_zps4a4e29ac.jpg

clipmock-up2_zps31242331.jpg

clipmock-up3_zps10ceaa89.jpg

clipmock-up4_zps688f5655.jpg

• Like 1

That engine actually looks small in there. I was thinking it would be huge honestly, but I have never really seen a 411 up close.

With all that room you could make one heck of a modified B6/BP fit. This build just keeps getting better and better.

Killer Bob! You gonna run fender flares?

Yes, I knew that in my pre-build measuring. I found these;

http://www.ebay.com/itm/111009285675?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

I plan to wet sand the entire car and have it and these fenders painted with satin clear coat.

What do you think?

Yes, I knew that in my pre-build measuring. I found these;

http://www.ebay.com/itm/111009285675?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

I plan to wet sand the entire car and have it and these fenders painted with satin clear coat.

What do you think?

I love that plan. And I love ZGs on any datto!

I love that plan. And I love ZGs on any datto!

I think it will set off the patina on this wagon, especially with what is hidden under that ratty looking old J-tin!

Amazing progress!  I must say though...getting to the cam angle sensor looks like it is going to be a real bitch....

Good thing you just "set it & forget it" !

I haven't touched the one in the MX520 since the day I installed the engine. But you are correct it is tight back there!