Misinformation, look here to get the 411

Bob3

Well, hot damn. It worked. Bob, these have stainless bezels. Everyone thinks they are stock on my truck. I think they might even fool Wayno for a sec, and you know how fussy he is about all things 320;)

Great looking build. Now we'll expect you to do your MX320 next, of course.... This thing needs a Domino's Pizza sign on top of it for track days, just to freak folks out when you come up behind them and swing around.

• Replies 810
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

keeping the space savers would be awesome!

i'm a little obtuse sometimes so i need to ask:

day336_zps5db0b166.jpg

day331_zpsb2e6570a.jpg

the above pictures show the miata subframe mounted in the car of course.  my connundrum is, other than the diff>trans connector are the mount points the 4 corners of the subframe cage?

miata-mounts.jpg

i image this is obvious if i look at the mx520 build...

Day 42

I was burned by the JACK ASS on ebay that is selling ZG flares (jdmflares). He never shipped them. He told me over and over that they were shipped. He is full of shit! DO NOT BUY FROM JDMFLARES ON EBAY!

I need some help on flares and I need them quick. They need to be at least 3". Any ideas?

In these pics look at the rocker vs. the ground, there is 1" of rake (higher in the rear)!  This thing LOOKS like an ass-dragger but it's not!

day422_zps34e2a03d.jpg

day421_zps6a2f9014.jpg

• Like 1

Wow Bob. The goon looks amazing. That side shot is awesome. Sorry to hear about the flares, seems like a lot of people are getting burned lately on flares.

Have you sat in the car? I know the spacing is stock miata but it looks like getting in/out could end up being a pain. Even with the disconnect at the wheel it looks like more than just hopping out (then again I'm 6' and 265lbs...)

Wow Bob. The goon looks amazing. That side shot is awesome. Sorry to hear about the flares, seems like a lot of people are getting burned lately on flares.

Have you sat in the car? I know the spacing is stock miata but it looks like getting in/out could end up being a pain. Even with the disconnect at the wheel it looks like more than just hopping out (then again I'm 6' and 265lbs...)

It is not hard at all. My son Bobby is 6'3" 200lbs and he loves it! He can't wait to drive it! He hangs his left arm out the back window and rests his forearm and hand in the front door.

• Like 1
Day 42

I was burned by the JACK ASS on ebay that is selling ZG flares (jdmflares). He never shipped them. He told me over and over that they were shipped. He is full of shit! DO NOT BUY FROM JDMFLARES ON EBAY!

I need some help on flares and I need them quick. They need to be at least 3". Any ideas?

In these pics look at the rocker vs. the ground, there is 1" of rake (higher in the rear)!  This thing LOOKS like an ass-dragger but it's not!

day422_zps34e2a03d.jpg

day421_zps6a2f9014.jpg

Bob, here are some places to try for flairs.

http://www.thezstore.com/page/TZS/PROD/50-1563

http://www.zforceproductions.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=15&Itemid=56

Good luck!

It looks just fine Bob, It looked that way when it was new, it was made that way.

What does it weigh now compared to the other cars you will be competing against, are you heavier or lighter?

It will be close to the same weight in the Vintage group I plan to run with and it will be lighter in NASA & SCCA competition.

YES I NEED FLARES!

PLEASE HELP RATSUN!

Bob, did you try the 2 links I sent? The guy I got mine from is no longer selling on ebay, but I sent a message to him asking if the flairs are still available, but no reply yet.