Misinformation, look here to get the 411

Bob3

• Replies 810
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the last one was my fav.... i was like shit, bob3 builds cars in two month's... u are totally holding him up dude...if i was in his shoes,  i think i woulda done some research about the project before i came on his local forum saying any of those things....

and prolly after seeing the project i woulda chose not to start a thread once realizing that answering the fourth statement was pretty easy....jdm flares clearly was holding up the completion

Here's yet another link for flares..... http://www.ebay.com/sch/jendosa619/m.html?item=321042881531&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

I imagine you've probably looked already but maybe not. God knows you're busy doing an awesome build. The guy seems legit and has a 99.5% positive feed back rating. Not that it means much. I would love to see this thing with wide tires and flares. Hope that happens for you Bob and soon. Excellent work!!! :thumbup:

^^^^^ Fuck me. Fantastic morning coffee + unexpected laugh = burning nose due to rapid evacuation of said coffee. Thanks for that. However, Bob I think this thing is going to be absolutely amazing. Very nice work indeed.

P. S. I vote for metal flares too . Just sayin'

DAY 55

update;

Panasport Wheels arrived

205-50-15 tires ordered, should arrive this week

Flares (set #2) ordered, should arrive this week

I've decided the stock Miata gas tank won't work. Looking for the correct size fuel cell. I should have it sourced and ordered today.

GOAL is to run it in the Rocky Mountain Vintage Race in two weeks, the 20/21weekend!

• Like 1

What's the difference between street rims and racing rims that say "For race use only"?

Keep up the good work.

Where are the new flairs coming from?

Not DOT approved, could be for a variety of reasons (too thin of material might nix it for DOT but be preferred for racing to save weight).

What's the difference between street rims and racing rims that say "For race use only"?

Keep up the good work.

Where are the new flairs coming from?

Not DOT approved, could be for a variety of reasons (too thin of material might nix it for DOT but be preferred for racing to save weight).

Matt got it. They are just lighter.

Or, a company simply chooses to not submit for approval.  Take, for example, CARB certification (which is REQUIRED for many aftermarket parts that go on cars >1975 in California... including such "simple" things as air filters and mufflers).  Because CARB charges (large) fees for "certification," many companies simply choose to NOT get certified.  It doesn't mean the product WOULDN'T pass the test... only that they didn't write a fat check to the agency.  So, Magnaflow makes catalytic converters that are ABSOLUTELY AS CLEAN as any other cat on the market, and will scrub emissions to WELL BELOW that of even factory equipment, they are ILLEGAL for use in CA because they don't have a CARB certification.  In other words... those wheels may well be absolutely comparable (or better than) a certified equivalent, but they chose not to jump through the certification hoops.

/ramble off

• Like 1