Misinformation, look here to get the 411

Bob3

• Replies 810
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you want to sell the 411 instrument cluster Bob?

It looks like this, correct?

Yes, it looks like that. I am going to use the glass and chrome around it and the housing. I'm not going to use the guts. I'll take a picture of the part I'm not using and send it to you.

DAY 56

I ordered a Fuel Safe fuel cell today. I hope it arrives be Friday. I should have the flares and tires by Thursday or Friday. Hopefully I will have all of that stuff so I can get it running and driving this weekend.

Today was a snow day here in Colorado, so I got a lot done on the 411 today. I finished up the transmission tunnel and the wiring under the hood is done. I'm happy with how clean the wiring is in the engine bay. I also rebuilt / repaired the bent, cracked and broken hood. I also repaired the latch and got it working.

day561_zps022b3a41.jpg

day563_zps879a0ce0.jpg

day562_zpsf5c356b3.jpg

day566_zps9a148dab.jpg

day564_zps875a0b51.jpg

day565_zpsf57711ac.jpg

• Like 1

Yes, it looks like that. I am going to use the glass and chrome around it and the housing. I'm not going to use the guts. I'll take a picture of the part I'm not using and send it to you.

I want the part that has the chrome stripes around the turn signals, fuel and temp gauges, and idiot lights, the internal face, the 520/521 only has it around the idiot lights, it's kinda the deluxe version, like how the 411s have the stainless steel trim around the door windows, while the 520/521 did not come with it in the USA.

BTW, I think you are going to make your deadline of getting it going in April of 2013, even with all the set backs, great job.

I wish I could set deadlines and meet them, but then I would get depressed for not making them, so I go one day at a time with bursts of progress/activity, and then a lot of thinking about what's next.

Bob, is that race both days? I'm off that weekend, and can make it, so can hardly wait to se your gem in action! :thumbup:

It is both days. I hope the parts all the parts get here and I have time to finish it up.

I have faith in you, it will get done! :thumbup:

It's not me. It's all of the jack-asses out there that sell parts they don't have! I can't finish it without parts!

I have confirmation that the tires will be here tomorrow.

The Fuel Safe fuel cell and the Flares not be here until next week, but I do have tracking numbers! So let's hope all of the crap arrives.

It will be a challenge to get it done for the Rocky Mountain Vintage Event, but I'm going to try! :thumbup:

Bob, is this vintage event down at PPIR?  It'd be cool to come down and check it out in person, and put a face to the name!

Yes the event is at PPIR on April 20/21. Come by and say hi. I will have misinformation there done or not! :thumbup: