What do you do?

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Current college student majoring in Marketing and minoring in Business Administration...should be done in the spring.

I was a Avionics Technician for the Marine Corps, worked on KC-130s (organizational level) and EA-6Bs (intermediate level). Did that for about 9.5 years.

• Like 1

print production artist (i set files up for press), graphic design and web design. my latest project was recreating emblems for the side 1/4 panels for my 210. working that 3d program was like looking at a simulator for an airplane. managed to make a file and had them printed in plastic. just gotta paint them now. and i don't know how many other females there are on here but i am one of them :)

printed.jpg

• Like 3

print production artist (i set files up for press), graphic design and web design. my latest project was recreating emblems for the side 1/4 panels for my 210. working that 3d program was like looking at a simulator for an airplane. managed to make a file and had them printed in plastic. just gotta paint them now. and i don't know how many other females there are on here but i am one of them :)

printed.jpg

shagy can probably make those in black and chrome like the ones he had at eagle rock they are stick ons his emblems look very good

shagy can probably make those in black and chrome like the ones he had at eagle rock they are stick ons his emblems look very good

Yeah, I chatted with him briefly at the swap meet last week. He can't chrome plastic. He was talking about a way of doing it but if I remember correctly he doesn't have the capability because he doesn't have a demand for it. His emblems are nice.

EDIT: Or did you mean he could make me some like the ones he makes out of acrylic? I was thinking you were saying he could probably chrome mine which he can't. I wanted mine to match what was on there before and they needed to be 3D not flat.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, I chatted with him briefly at the swap meet last week. He can't chrome plastic. He was talking about a way of doing it but if I remember correctly he doesn't have the capability because he doesn't have a demand for it. His emblems are nice.

EDIT: Or did you mean he could make me some like the ones he makes out of acrylic? I was thinking you were saying he could probably chrome mine which he can't. I wanted mine to match what was on there before and they needed to be 3D not flat.

Good quality chrome spray paint looks very close, however it does not play well with most clears and lacks some durability. I've been looking into a Tollens' reagent based solution, but haven't had a chance to test it yet.

Good quality chrome spray paint looks very close, however it does not play well with most clears and lacks some durability. I've been looking into a Tollens' reagent based solution, but haven't had a chance to test it yet.

I've got a friend working on painting them. He's a fabricator and I figured he'd do a better job at matching the look than I could. He rattled off some paint that would give the chrome look but I don't remember the name. Not sure when they'll be done. He's decided to cast a mold from my plastic prints to make more emblems for me and a friend of his that has an '82 210. I'm anxious to see them. Hopefully in the next week or two.

I've got a friend working on painting them. He's a fabricator and I figured he'd do a better job at matching the look than I could. He rattled off some paint that would give the chrome look but I don't remember the name. Not sure when they'll be done. He's decided to cast a mold from my plastic prints to make more emblems for me and a friend of his that has an'82 210. I'm anxious to see them. Hopefully in the next week or two.

Avoid polyester resin for the casting it seems to soften in the sun. I should probably go update my build thread and stop threadjacking...

Own and operate a heating and cooling company. Thinking about changing gears though.

i agree .... i am living the dream and its currently a nightmare...i own a business ... i rely on 7 people who care more about every other friday and what i buy them for lunch every friday then they care about customers projects......the world is a shitty place run by shitty people...the state is the biggest white collar criminal....l and i is on u for farting wrong.....the city and lott asscoaication want u to pay to have rain run down the drain...if u wanna make money in this fucked up shit storm of a democracy then get a job go home at four .... mind u there's is something wrong with a system when the only way to be profitable is at a loss or break even....thee is no plan i n place .... we are saving box stores and mega banks and the life blood of the us is getting sucked dry.....easy recipe for economic boom..... put money in the hands of the consumer ... who's is the consumer the consumer is small business and the employees of america....who are we giving money too... people who's hardest decision is too drive the meybach or be driven in the phantom....i mean presidents are just game show hosts anymore who spoon feed greedy ass congress plans to spoon feed there constituients( buddys) govt contracts and money..., i myself didn't believe the economy could do this 5 years ago... and i thought i could buck the trend and be successful....all i have done is shorten my life and work for free twelve hours a day.. for five years...so if u got a job ... keep it... if you want a new job got get one... after seeing what the new generations work ethic can be its scary...the scarier part is we on the west coast are just seeing some of the trickle down bs...

but hey i'm employeed and i can still see a point to all of this ..even after that depressing diatribe...sorry i just think the govt as a whole is doing nothing for what drives it... there helping the wrong people... its like there driving through seattle with there left blinker on giving the perspective that there turning when they have no intention of turning...its sad i think we are closer to the apocolypitc movies then the floating cars and living in space capsules...

i agree .... i am living the dream and its currently a nightmare...i own a business ... i rely on 7 people who care more about every other friday and what i buy them for lunch every friday then they care about customers projects......the world is a shitty place run by shitty people...the state is the biggest white collar criminal....l and i is on u for farting wrong.....the city and lott asscoaication want u to pay to have rain run down the drain...if u wanna make money in this fucked up shit storm of a democracy then get a job go home at four .... mind u there's is something wrong with a system when the only way to be profitable is at a loss or break even....thee is no plan i n place .... we are saving box stores and mega banks and the life blood of the us is getting sucked dry.....easy recipe for economic boom..... put money in the hands of the consumer ... who's is the consumer the consumer is small business and the employees of america....who are we giving money too... people who's hardest decision is too drive the meybach or be driven in the phantom....i mean presidents are just game show hosts anymore who spoon feed greedy ass congress plans to spoon feed there constituients( buddys) govt contracts and money..., i myself didn't believe the economy could do this 5 years ago... and i thought i could buck the trend and be successful....all i have done is shorten my life and work for free twelve hours a day.. for five years...so if u got a job ... keep it... if you want a new job got get one... after seeing what the new generations work ethic can be its scary...the scarier part is we on the west coast are just seeing some of the trickle down bs...

but hey i'm employeed and i can still see a point to all of this ..even after that depressing diatribe...sorry i just think the govt as a whole is doing nothing for what drives it... there helping the wrong people... its like there driving through seattle with there left blinker on giving the perspective that there turning when they have no intention of turning...its sad i think we are closer to the apocolypitc movies then the floating cars and living in space capsules...

AMEN!!!!!! I work for HUD (Housing of Urban development) so I see first hand where and who the money goes to. How is it possible that at one housing location 90% of the residents are foreign? at another its 100% and so on and so on. Im not saying we shouldnt help people, sure if we have it to give lets give it. Problem is ...We dont have it! and our own citizens are left holding a check we cant cash.

I sit on my ass at home looking for a job. Use to do Mainframe application Security for the Marine Corps, but I quit that job to move to Washington with my family and now my job is making sure this chair doesn't fall to the ceiling.

thank u for making my day...

How many cups of coffee have you had today?

I is a machinist. CNC turning, with no programming software. I write the programs by hand, old school. Mostly defense stuff, meaning most of the stuff I make gets dropped on bad guys and blows things up. Also QC and babysitter on swing shift.

When I grow up, I'm going to be either an astronaut or a pirate. Leaning towards pirate.

AMEN!!!!!! I work for HUD (Housing of Urban development) so I see first hand where and who the money goes to. How is it possible that at one housing location 90% of the residents are foreign? at another its 100% and so on and so on. Im not saying we shouldnt help people, sure if we have it to give lets give it. Problem is ...We dont have it! and our own citizens are left holding a check we cant cash.

thank u ... i kinda felt like a righteous wierdo for a second....but man we cant even help our selves cause we are to busy trying to help or bail out someone else.....i always tried to live by the mantra u gotta be good at something before u can ever be great at anything....and as a country we suck at taking care of our own so we should just drop the olive branch of help....cause the example we set here is atrocious...if i was a illegal alien i would want to come here and do all the work people are too proud or worth too much to do....so im not mad at them ...nor would i disprepsect the group as a whole over a few actions .....95% of illegals are harder working and expect less then most....think about it ... does any other country have a illegal alien problem....are we trying to slip into canada to make better beer for a fair wage cause the canadian s refuse to be a bottler for 12.50 a hour...no ......but every one flocks here by boat by train by f250 filled with 25 mexicalis(13 unfortunatley died in a terrible accident....when the driver fell asleep and 13 of them died in the impact...1 more than was killed in the theater....) equally as devistating yet only one story was overly reported on....and rightfully so... but with the enviroment kids have to grow up in today ...do u really get shocked anymore when u see people snap...) ....its not scary to here 13 mexicalis died trying to find there dream... but its scary as hell to think some pretty well off kid snaps and shoots up a movie showing...that's what they want u to think.about not the struggles ..of a people trying to better themsleves ....fear controls everything..

here's a solution for free, to immigration...l find a cure for the laziness that has set in......that in turn will stimulate any economy.....its broad form solution but still thees a reason why every country tries to get in here to do the jobs we wont....

i would reelect obama in a second if he come on the tv ...all channels sat down.. put on some coltraine and just was real ....and just admitted that all the things he and other pres and alike have promised were never attainable...and just was like man its tough out there we need to band together....but we all get prepared speechs and teleprompters....everything is contrived...pc bullshit.... u know what i want from a leader is the facts and the truth two things u will never get from todays govt...im tired of govt feeling like the door to door vacum salesman selling me a kirby only its spelled with a u and theres no tried and true technology and support behind it... its just a shined up turd in a snickers wrapper..

thtat's cool bombs are cool... i like blowing shit up... I'm really not politcal at all... i'm just a realist...fear is a tool in the political belt to control the masses...nor am i conspiracy theorist....i just wanna be comfortable and bang gears in my dattos and its tough right now... i see greed everyday ....i live in the capital so i see what those dollars go to here and know ....there's no reason for half the sht they charge ....

last year through lott and ciy i spent 2200 on rainwater run off... when i asked all they could tell me is it pays for the drains ....and the infastraucture...that supports that.. so i said ok i am one of about 40 businesses on the street we all pay to lott and city for drainage ... some more some less...so i say lets say 1000 ea on average...heck im rounding down... thats 50 k a year for the last twenty or so years ...granted with inflation the cost was probably less....i mean shit i eventually pay of my house....and mow the lawn once a week... here i never seen any servce work done or lawns mowed or watering systems installed...its a industrial park rd and if i didnt take care of both sides of the the citys roads side medians then o body would and might not see my store by now...not to mention its my irrigation system that i installed watering there property i maintain...yet when thee sewer main back filled my runnoff and part of my shop did they come to my rescue no they sent me a clean up bill for the work and the rest of the people on the street...and whn ei ask abou the minor cleanup at my shop from there issue down line ... they say that.s why u have industrial insurance...claim it...no i paid outta pocket...but its enough to make me wanna get a squirt gun and shoot every city worker onthere twelth smoke brake before lunch in the eye with said water pistol...

so back to my original poiint if the street is on a low average netting u 50-60 k a year why the fudge with all the streets around and paying customers do i have to pay for not my porbelm bs down line....i mean if your lift pump shut off why do i pay to clean that up.... especially i imagine that 50-60 k is in a escrow account somewhere or some other high yield account.....

to be fair eric i usually drink decaf today i splurged....oops

I don't post anything that would make it easier for someone to steal my identity! Think before you blindly peck away on your keyboard!

right, cause we all use our real names, address, social security numbers, bank account numbers on here.