What do you do?

I'm a parts manager at the local Infiniti dealership. Worked at Nissan dealers here, Phoenix and the DFW area over the past 26 years. Started as a parts runner at a Mercedes dealer almost 30 years ago just to have a job.......damn I shoulda gone to college.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Eh. If you like video games.. don't go into video games. After I started working in the industry, my enjoyment from them pretty much ended. That's partly why I got back into cars.

aye, the fun goes out of it when you start analyzing what things are supposed to do and how they do it.

I was a 68W (combat medic- emtcertified) in the Us Army, after some school i was a 68W-M6 (combat medic-LPN certified). I got out, worked at a hospital... got bored.... bought a semi truck... and now "i is a big rig dry-vur"

Kinnda sucks cuz i get to see what you guys are doing with your datsuns... and all i can do is plan shit out, and order parts... untill i get home and its like fuckin christmas

• Like 1

I Just Got Out Of Highschool

Studying To Get A Fancy Job As A TIG Welder

Had A Partime Delivering Meat To Restaurants

(Got Free Food All The Time)

Laid Off 6 Months Later... Probly Out Of Buisness By Now..

8b598461.jpg

Otherwise I Mow Lawns Cuz I'm Mexican :D

what size are the tires in the rear?

Torpedoman Second Class on Submarines (currently known as "machinist mate-weapons'.) been in since feb 04.

on the boat we do minimal maintenance on the torpedoes. we mostly take care of/repair/maintain the high pressure air and hydraulic systems, as well

as sea water systems. we are also the 'small arms' guys, taking care of the pistols/shotguns/rifles and bulk ammo, and teaching people how to shoot

at a range when we are pierside.

currently on shore duty in SD where we ship & receive missiles/torpedoes/ammo via the back of 18wheelers to load onto subs. we

get forklift and crane licenses. again minimal maintenance on the the missiles/torps. mostly just bring missiles/torps down to subs where a crane

picks em up and the sub receives them.

we arent at war @ sea and we havent shot a 'live' torpedo at an enemy for a long time. however we've been shooting missiles 'over there' during all

this middle east conflicts.

still doing the Apple Tech support gig..

started with the iphone dept, went to the CPU dept, and now am quite at home with our Wireless Multi-Media dept.

we handle the airport express, extreme and time capsule. also apple tv, and wireless connectivity issues on Macs...

i sit in a climate controlled building for my day, and while the customers are sometimes pieces of shit, i cant complain. im working, and making usually around a grand per check..

Was a 13F in the army for a short time.

Then worked as a mechanic for about 1 year but decided not to pursue that because i don't want to make something i love something i have to do for my day to day job. I want to keep it special.

Worked for Google and Media Arts Lab for a short period of time.

Worked at a Behavioral Health company and then Hospice company doing Preoject Management / Software Development.

Now I write software for this startup http://signnow.com and http://notarynow.com

i used to be in motorsport fabrication, all aspects, drag, offroad, show, you name it ive prolly done it for atleast 6 months. now i work for linstrom america as a tool designer/engineer making precision hand tools for the medical and electrical industries. i also run a shop after hours in so cal. i work 7am-330pm and 4pm-(8pm-12am) depending on what ive got at the shop. basically working 12-16 hour days. it helps my datsun addiction.

heres the only thing i have for a page on the shop.

https://www.facebook...AutoEngineering

Right now im the parts shipper at a lil rotary shop called Mazdatrix, although my last job was more fun at first; service tech for leslie swimming pools..ohhh the mother daughter duos...er..what? oh yeah, I didnt feel like doing 70hr workweeks at the "old" age of 21...

• Like 1

Godfathers Pizza from 95-99

99-2010 Hyundai tech

3 months in 2010 I worked overhaul for D.A.R.T Light rail.

2010 - now, work for my Mother in law. We supply cleaning/ janitorial/ food processors with their products...

At night I make things our of acrylic and lasers....Hoping this goes full time.

OrangeETCH6.jpg

OrangeETCH4.jpg

OrangeETCH2.jpg

• Like 2

Not Wilsonville anymore?

nope,i got transfered again. This time it seems to be working ouy better. I work counter selling parts most of the day. Pretty much livin the dream,except for the pay.

Used to do all sorts of construction,

Then was a fiberglassman,

But right meow i cook and work at a boat dealership maintaining the joint. I get to play wit my datsun then go make bomvb food n pig out! Good times for now