What do you do?

I've been wondering what everybody's career is on here. How many work in the automotive industry? Just browsing through the projects, I can see that some people are more technically skilled than others (me), and I wonder if that's related to what you do for money.

So, what do you guys do?

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

right now i am a senior aircraft structure mechanic mechanic level 2 and ACE inspector (airframe condition evaluation) contracting for the army at ft lewis. before that i worked R&D on and built experimental class aircraft. Lancairs, sherpas, Epic LTs, and tinkered with a rutan long EZ once...

I custom make any hose on cars Brake ,ac , pwr steer, oil systems I was a pkg. machine tech and a Real Estate Agent before I opened my restoration shop ,I do mostly American cars but have like 8 imports here at this time(two 610s two510s ,Dodge colt,Toyo Corona wag,65 311,Ect.)and 50s cars ,couldn't make enough money as a hose shop only ,and I have been a painter at a bodyshop before ,so now it is Restorations mostly on USDM old cars.100_2177.jpg

Well I'm self employed. Machine Shop.. I make all kinds of stuff. I was making a pretty good living up until Yesterday. Friday the fuckin 13th I get an e mail from my biggest customer wanting to know how many orders they can cancel.. WTF!!!!! Now I don't know what I'm going to do. Not much work out there at this time so I'll have to re group come Monday...

Just breaking balls, we can do it again for fun lol.

I was a plumber/sprinkler fitter but left it to become a auto mechanic and then a industrial mechanic. Actually dont want to do any of these things, maybe one day I'll find a profession that I dont wake up dreading.....

i make glass pipes for hippies. been doing this for 17 years, also have 5 years restaurant cooking experience, and these days i do a lot of light construction (already built 5 greenhouses this year). the only way working with glass could help with working on cars- patience. both take a lot of it. EDIT: i guess i should add i also do a bit of buying and selling of old collectibles (buy an old radio for ten bucks, sell it to a collector for 100 bucks) and i'm trying to get better at restoring stuff. i like making old stuff shiny again. ANOTHER EDIT: i also detail cars, boats, and trailers. damn, i just realized that i am a well rounded individual. i have a lot of hobbies, i try to make them pay for themselves.

yellowchuck003.jpg

hornydoughnut.jpg

greenfumeswirlspikedsherlock-1.jpg

and i'm happy to report that these are very expensive.

• Like 1