You know you own a Datsun when.............

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

lmfao jrock

I went to help my friend tune his 71 for sale and after the test drive we noticed there was a bunch of roaches still stuck on the windshield wipers, inspection lids etc... None in the ash tray though lol

You find home made tracked vehicle in woods powered by an L20B. (has 620 dash and a matchbox so has to be a '79) Your wife says no more jumk. So you go out and remove it. and slide down a ramp into you goon and bring home anyway.

79620L20Bfromsled002Large.jpg

79620L20Bfromsled001Large.jpg

You know you're a Datsun owner when you have two L20Bs in the driveway now.

79620L20BLarge.jpg

'79 620 and an '77 710 L20B. The '79 had a rad and was full of emerald green anti freeze. The four speed I traded with Grahem for a 5 speed. Brought home the 620 dash and rad too. I drove the '77 home from Vancouver so I know it runs good.

(there's a KA-E block under there too)

I parked the goon close to them so they aren't so noticeable.

• Like 1
you know you own a Datsun when its really hard to lock the car with the keys inside!

Uh, I've done that :blush:  More than once :blink:  Lock the door, lift the handle to shut the door but as you're swinging it shut your mind is telling you "the keys are in the ig.." slam! I keep a spare key on me at all times.

Uh, I've done that :blush:  More than once :blink:  Lock the door, lift the handle to shut the door but as you're swinging it shut your mind is telling you "the keys are in the ig.." slam! I keep a spare key on me at all times.

Don't feel bad.  The earlier years (at least both our early 70's) don't lock like yours.  You literally cannot lock the door while it's not latched.  So, to lock the driver's door, you have to lock it with the key from the outside.....  Much harder to lock your keys in your car when you can't lock the car without them ;)

Don't feel bad.  The earlier years (at least both our early 70's) don't lock like yours.  You literally cannot lock the door while it's not latched.  So, to lock the driver's door, you have to lock it with the key from the outside.....  Much harder to lock your keys in your car when you can't lock the car without them ;)

Lucky! But since I keep a key in my bag it's all good. Luckily my Pathfinder is dummy proof (doors won't lock w/key in ignition)...unless you set the keys on the passenger seat and lock the doors. I keep a spare in my bag for that too. Yup, I'm special :)

You have boxes full of Datsun parts for cars you've never owned.

You save old but usable parts you remove "just in case", and the parts you replaced them with still came off another wrecked car.

You take a tape measure to the junkyard because something looks like it might fit.

The clock for your car was a rare and expensive option and still wasn't digital.

• Like 1

Your '79 280 zx 5 speed was saved from a car that had been stripped of hood, doors, fenders, glass, and driven over by an excavator at a wrecking yard. Unrecognizable as car or truck so you walked by it for weeks thinking it was an HL510 or 'something' before seeing the length of the valve cover. Offered the guy $30 for anything I want off it. Get a bunch of things including the 5 speed... just in case. Replaced the broken 5 speed in the 620 later and drove across Canada and back at least 3 times. Now it's in the 710 and been to Canby twice. Tranny said thanks for that.