Why are Datsun owners cheap bastards

You know I learned that being a cheap SOB isnt always the way to go. My first 510 I bought in 2003 and it was an old ITC race car that had all the old race stuff removed. I tried to do it on the cheap and I ended up redoing all the cheap BS the right way, so in the end I spent more than I would have if I would have done it the right way the first time... I have gotten shit in the past for buying instead of building or fabbing it myself. Well here is my take on that, I am NOT a fab guy; I can mig weld and tig weld (not the best) but I can do it. I know what I make an hour and if it takes me 2 days to try and fab something up and spend the money on the parts to do so and it ends up in the trash because it didnt work then im out 2 days and cash... Why would I waste my time when I can go buy the part that is already done and proven from someone like Troy or Dan at DGR or many other places that offer parts for our Datsuns.

A buddy of mine was working on a truck a while back and because the PO was maybe cheap and tried to do it themselves it was too dangerous to be driven. The damn UCA's were put on the wrong sides and they had also replaced the balljoints and didnt go back and double check their work and left them loose. There were a few other things too, the point is if you dont know how to do stuff or you're to damn lazy to go back and check your work then dont do it. You could cause harm to yourself or others.

end of rant

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You know I learned that being a cheap SOB isnt always the way to go. My first 510 I bought in 2003 and it was an old ITC race car that had all the old race stuff removed. I tried to do it on the cheap and I ended up redoing all the cheap BS the right way, so in the end I spent more than I would have if I would have done it the right way the first time... I have gotten shit in the past for buying instead of building or fabbing it myself. Well here is my take on that, I am NOT a fab guy; I can mig weld and tig weld (not the best) but I can do it. I know what I make an hour and if it takes me 2 days to try and fab something up and spend the money on the parts to do so and it ends up in the trash because it didnt work then im out 2 days and cash... Why would I waste my time when I can go buy the part that is already done and proven from someone like Troy or Dan at DGR or many other places that offer parts for our Datsuns.

A buddy of mine was working on a truck a while back and because the PO was maybe cheap and tried to do it themselves it was too dangerous to be driven. The damn UCA's were put on the wrong sides and they had also replaced the balljoints and didnt go back and double check their work and left them loose. There were a few other things too, the point is if you dont know how to do stuff or you're to damn lazy to go back and check your work then dont do it. You could cause harm to yourself or others.

end of rant

We think a like!

I traded a 50 dlp for my 720 and it has chewed about 4 grand out of my ass since then. but I love my lil mule. I daily drive it with Konan (who is doing better BTW) hanging out the window! Cheap? naaa, not all of us, but we do handle our money a little tighter! But I know after the 2010 POS that are rolling around and the "green" hybrid BS dies, smaller carbon footprint my @ss! I will be still driving my 720 looking to hit 600K on the OD! ;)

Find it hard to believe that 30+ dime guys came and talked shit on a restored 240z, probably was only 1 or 2, or maybe the restoration wasn't as good as you though it was and it's hard to swallow the truth? Just because you spend a lot of money doesn't mean you get quality. You just get a high priced part. Majority of Z guys in my area are elitist. I'll talk parts with them and when they ask what year Z I have, I tell them none, I've got a 510. You can instantly see it in their face "OH a 510, darn, I'm sorry you didn't get a real Datsun" then they usually quickly find an excuse to leave the conversation. But luckily it isn't ALL Z guys out here, so I don't hate them all.

Cheap, eh? Funny how I have spent more money on parts than I did for the whole car!

There is nothing wrong with trying to get a deal, but, one must be reasonable on how much is too much of too little. Simple, don't like the price, put it down and move on. If you need to throw a fit, go do something else.

As for 510 guys being punks and stuff, well, I have seen the Z boys during one of their full blown circle jerks have a butt fucking contest without telling each other! Yes, they too can be some back biting bitches! And trust me, most of the ugliest datsuns I have seen have come from the Z crowd! Some of those cars are 70's time machines of what not to do to your car, even in the 70's!

So simple, don't make this fucking personal or it will eat you alive!

Capice?

So, a while back A guy was saying how he needed some tail-lights. So I pm,d him and said I was getting another set because one of mine is turned upside down.(I have two of the same)I send him a picture of them on the car and say 100.00$ no cracks,no scratches or pitting. He pm's me back and says how about 80.00$ I know we all like a good deal but when a guy is offering you parts for 1/3rd less than market value. :blink:510fitment004.jpg

I always knew most datsun guys were cheap.. but when my buddy and i went to a datsun show with his beautiful 240z that was a full blown bare shell restoration and his car was picked apart by the 510 owners who all had shit built with child like hack work and crap doodads i lost all respect for them... the majority are punk broke ass bitches who try to put others down to make themselves and their junk cars look better. The nicer your car is the worse they will attack you... Bottom line is they are not only cheap but broke too and are not even happy with what they have. Its a miserable bunch of people.

If we bring datsun prices up then it will force them out of the hobby and benefit everyone

like really? your going to judge every one that owns the same car just because a few were ass holes?

yeah theres a good bit of 510 owners out there that are ass holes, but same can be said for every make and model of car.

I just dont under stand how someones mind can go from "those guys were dicks" to "well then every one that has the same car must be as well"

thats just fucking retarded,

like really? your going to judge every one that owns the same car just because a few were ass holes?

yeah theres a good bit of 510 owners out there that are ass holes, but same can be said for every make and model of car.

I just dont under stand how someones mind can go from "those guys were dicks" to "well then every one that has the same car must be as well"

Agreed.

Well, skunk. Check this out.

I owned a 510 and 720 at the same time. Since i am a douche 510 owner. That makes me a douche 720 owner, there for in turn making Steve G a douche bag for owning a 720 also.

1253784913_jack_nicholson_fuckyou.gif

I always knew most datsun guys were cheap.. but when my buddy and i went to a datsun show with his beautiful 240z that was a full blown bare shell restoration and his car was picked apart by the 510 owners who all had shit built with child like hack work and crap doodads i lost all respect for them... the majority are punk broke ass bitches who try to put others down to make themselves and their junk cars look better. The nicer your car is the worse they will attack you... Bottom line is they are not only cheap but broke too and are not even happy with what they have. Its a miserable bunch of people.

If we bring datsun prices up then it will force them out of the hobby and benefit everyone

thats right: release your anger :blink:

and watch your reputation sink into negative integers :lol:

you might think that a body of the is strait when somebody bet the hell out of it with a chain you idiot.Question. Should'nt you have atleast some knowledge of the english language? Just a little?

you might think that a body of the is strait when somebody bet the hell out of it with a chain you idiot.Question. Should'nt you have atleast some knowledge of the english language? Just a little?

you guys crack me up

Im a 510 owner, but it is a goon so I think I am safe!(?)

Hmm dont like VW, they are snobs; dont like BMW, they are snobs; Dont like yota, they arent Datsun; dont like Honda, they are self explanatory;...; dont like 510 owners, they are rude. Now that we have covered everyone on the planet except Z owners...