Why are Datsun owners cheap bastards

Im a 510 owner, but it is a goon so I think I am safe!(?)

Hmm dont like VW, they are snobs; dont like BMW, they are snobs; Dont like yota, they arent Datsun; dont like Honda, they are self explanatory;...; dont like 510 owners, they are rude. Now that we have covered everyone on the planet except Z owners...

Haha, one time i was in a shop here in seaside. I asked the guy if they had any datsun stuff (its store that has a very wide variety of car stuff, clothing etc. mostly nascar shit)

Anyways, he gave me a bunch of shit saying "datsuns are a piece of shit, why would want them blah blah". I said they are not a pos, they were great cars, well balanced and still used to race today. Then I said, "Let me guess, you drive a vdub bug, 2000s?" His response was yes... me "I FUCKING KNEW IT"

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha, one time i was in a shop here in seaside. I asked the guy if they had any datsun stuff (its store that has a very wide variety of car stuff, clothing etc. mostly nascar shit)

Anyways, he gave me a bunch of shit saying "datsuns are a piece of shit, why would want them blah blah". I said they are not a pos, they were great cars, well balanced and still used to race today. Then I said, "Let me guess, you drive a vdub bug, 2000s?" His response was yes... me "I FUCKING KNEW IT"

Hey, I drive a vdub Jetta... 2001... 1 of the same engines available in the new bug. Its my DD. I dont modify it, it still has the stock radio, stock rims, black with lots of dirt and scratches (got it that way). It is nothing more to me than a really nice car for me to drive at the age of 21. I cant decide which car I like the steering on more, the Jetta or the Datsun. But to me the VW is wrong wheel drive, therefore not going to stick around forever.

nope. kama owns a goon now too.

so by steves logic........... this is you.

and damnit Kami, you make me look bad! :rofl:

Hey, I drive a vdub Jetta... 2001... 1 of the same engines available in the new bug. Its my DD. I dont modify it, it still has the stock radio, stock rims, black with lots of dirt and scratches (got it that way). It is nothing more to me than a really nice car for me to drive at the age of 21. I cant decide which car I like the steering on more, the Jetta or the Datsun. But to me the VW is wrong wheel drive, therefore not going to stick around forever.

and damnit Kami, you make me look bad! :rofl:

Well, by steves logic, you suck cuz of what this guy said to me and he drives a vdub... sorry laecaon :rofl:

Not all Datsun owners are cheap, but I'd wager that a disproportionately large percentage are. Probably because they were cheap cars to begin with, are still cheap to buy today, and relatively speaking they are cheap and easy to fix. Maybe not cheap/easy to restore, but cheap/easy to keep driveable for the low income. Attracting a large monetarily challenged crowd as a result.

Then you go to JCCS and see a whole pile of $20k Datsuns............and see the small percentage that have extra cash.

I always knew most datsun guys were cheap.. but when my buddy and i went to a datsun show with his beautiful 240z that was a full blown bare shell restoration and his car was picked apart by the 510 owners who all had shit built with child like hack work and crap doodads i lost all respect for them... the majority are punk broke ass bitches who try to put others down to make themselves and their junk cars look better. The nicer your car is the worse they will attack you... Bottom line is they are not only cheap but broke too and are not even happy with what they have. Its a miserable bunch of people.

If we bring datsun prices up then it will force them out of the hobby and benefit everyone

Sorry.... that rant was mostly aimed at 510 people... the show it happened at was in shasta ca..... and i didnt say a word.... but after that i had no use for... or association with the 510 crowd

I have had a few run-ins with them... that was the confirmation though to see 30+ of them talk others (actual nice) cars down... while the z guys all admired each others vehicles.

Yes it seems the 240z owners can have a "nose up stick in ass" attitude but they are alot easier to respect.

WP4d2a7ec2aa2b8.jpg

Sorry.... that rant was mostly aimed at 510 people... the show it happened at was in shasta ca..... and i didnt say a word.... but after that i had no use for... or association with the 510 crowd

I have had a few run-ins with them... that was the confirmation though to see 30+ of them talk others (actual nice) cars down... while the z guys all admired each others vehicles.

Yes it seems the 240z owners can have a "nose up stick in ass" attitude but they are alot easier to respect.

This would be true of beemer owners, corvette owners, dubya owners, mg owners. Down deep inside most humans is a need to belong to something. We are for the most part social animals and like to join like minded others that share our beliefs/likes/dislikes whatever. Belonging to a lodge, club, association, religion, union, clique (w/e) is a self affirming action. Fellow members pat you on the back and say... "There are two types of people in this world. There's you and me, and all the other members of our great and illustrious club.................. and then there's everyone else." The chauvinistic elitist snobbery of it all.

But it doesn't have to be this way, isn't always this way. Being proud of your ride is one thing. Nothing wrong with that. Saying that VWs are shit for example shows a narrow mind set and even narrower experience and knowledge about them. A little knowledge about them and you would feel more comfortable around them and their owners, both of you would be less likely to be defensive about your choice of vehicle make. If a Corvette owner came over and asked intelligent questions about your Nissan truck would you immediately blow him off as a 'Chevy owner'? A little knowledge, a little respect and a thick skin will go a long way to bridge any gap at a car show. People are not perfect and there are douches, but a douche chooses to be a douche. No one has to be one.

This would be true of beemer owners, corvette owners, dubya owners, mg owners. Down deep inside most humans is a need to belong to something. We are for the most part social animals and like to join like minded others that share our beliefs/likes/dislikes whatever. Belonging to a lodge, club, association, religion, union, clique (w/e) is a self affirming action. Fellow members pat you on the back and say... "There are two types of people in this world. There's you and me, and all the other members of our great and illustrious club.................. and then there's everyone else." The chauvinistic elitist snobbery of it all.

But it doesn't have to be this way, isn't always this way. Being proud of your ride is one thing. Nothing wrong with that. Saying that VWs are shit for example shows a narrow mind set and even narrower experience and knowledge about them. A little knowledge about them and you would feel more comfortable around them and their owners, both of you would be less likely to be defensive about your choice of vehicle make. If a Corvette owner came over and asked intelligent questions about your Nissan truck would you immediately blow him off as a 'Chevy owner'? A little knowledge, a little respect and a thick skin will go a long way to bridge any gap at a car show. People are not perfect and there are douches, but a douche chooses to be a douche. No one has to be one.

i used to own a vw, i loved it shhhh :D

This wasn't mine, just for reference. 1984 VW jetta 2 door. Mine was in pristine condition. lowered, white rims, some mods. was very nice car.

6093510005_large.jpg

Izzo, you had a mk1 jetta coupe! My friend has a diesel mk1 jetta.

I love the 2door jettas, them dual square headlights. mmmm Funky reverse! Loved it

On a side note, next time you call customer service, and get your shit taken care of. When they ask "Is there anything else i can assist you with" Ask them how magnets work. I just did it, and confused the f-- outta someone. Serious lulz were had

I love the 2door jettas, them dual square headlights. mmmm Funky reverse! Loved it

On a side note, next time you call customer service, and get your shit taken care of. When they ask "Is there anything else i can assist you with" Ask them how magnets work. I just did it, and confused the f-- outta someone. Serious lulz were had

:rofl: That just made my day!

My Datsuns cost me, in order: $100 & two 6-packs of Rolling Rock (200SX), then $75 ('72 510), then Free (F10). So I figure the next one, they will have to pay me to take it! Yeah, I'm cheap and proud of it!

Hey Matt: Drove through AW Heights today. Your dime looks so cool outside the store. Really adds class to the place. Tell them they should give you a raise for making the parking lot look so good!

Len