Why are Datsun owners cheap bastards

My Dad's The Same Way <_<

He Gets Pissed Because They Charge Him $2 To Enter

And Tries To Steal As Much BS Parts To Make Up For His $2

I'm Not Like That, I Mean It's Only $2... Who Gives A Shit?

But I Get Amused At His Reactions To Prices :lol:

man thats like target chraging 2 dollars to enter their store. It's bullshit, and I agree with your dad. All we have around here are shitty corporate u pull its now days anyhow.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

datsun owners are cheap because....

........ i cant think of a reason... most of the datsun owners i know are pretty good at spending money.... dislexikdime bought a 720 just cause and another 510 just cause..... i just paid four hundo for a drivelin for my 720. skib invests more money into a car just to trade it for another datsun that is worse than anyone (no offense) philcas drove to cali to paint his car and eat in and out burger. kamikazi has his car in an auto body shop, and as far as i can tell he has no job and lives with his grandme. my brother who owns a 280Z (not on ratsun) just dropped two grand on suspensinon.... pure pontiac kid spent a shit ton of money on some dented up s130 (bad ass car).... bob dropps a couple grand on a damn miata motor to throw in his pickup... his son got convinced to throw a miata motor in his dime.... corey shaved his 620 then offed it for a dime that he prob dropped a whole lot of cash on a ka dual slammer....

more could be brought up, but im a bit buzzin so, fuckit

being a cheap bastard has nothing to do with talking shit about someone elses build.

not too many silver spoons own a datsun.

most perform their own work, therefore, are entitled to talk shit about someone who only paid for someone to do it for them.

even if theirs will never attain a concourse status.

128832862881291007.jpg

so by steves logic...........

2010-01-21-GrannyClampett-thumb.jpg

i have done 99% of the work on my 720 myself.. so what are you saying?

And just because someone hacked up a perfectly good car themselves does not give them the right to talk shit about someones car that was done properly even if all they did was build it with a checkbook.

hate people who can afford to do it right? jesus christ.

Alright Steve, we need some pics of your 720. I want to see if it's a rust bucket or a pristine example!

As far as people being able to afford to do it "right", it all depends on what your emphasis is. My 510 looks like shit, although less so now that I painted it. Still, I know it. I don't care because the drivetrain is all new, the motor is all new, granted still working out some kinks with the 200sx EFI, and the everything BESIDES the body does exactly what it's supposed to. That is: go fast and corner well. When we raced rallycross and Joe blasted a berm with the front end, it tweaked the valance and bent the fenders. So I went and yanked it back out by hand. I'll throw some more paint on the chipped areas this summer when the weather cooperates.

MOST people who meticulously restore a Datsun DON'T use it hard. They don't go to autocrosses with it, they don't jump it over bridges, they don't rally it. They treat the car very gingerly and are overly concerned if dirt gets on it. Think Ferris Bueller's Day Off with the Ferrari. A pigeon could shit on it! :) And that's fine. It took a lot of work, why shouldn't they be careful. However, what's the point of owning something nice if you can't truly enjoy it? These people are sometimes known as "all show, no go." I'm not saying all are like this. I know a few with nice Datsuns that use them appropriately at autocross or what have you.

I would say, though, that most of the rest of us with less in our bank account are more concerned with "go", than "show".

when the fuck did i say hate??? :fu:

i said critique = talk shit!!!

jesus didnt do it himself! he had his fathers helps.

if i could afford to use my checkbook, i would.

just beacuse you paid bills datsun to do the work, doesnt mean its any better.

none of mine are show cars & i didnt build them for anyone but me! if U or xxxx dont like it... :cool:

so what am i saying? STFU already!

My Datsuns cost me, in order: $100 & two 6-packs of Rolling Rock (200SX), then $75 ('72 510), then Free (F10). So I figure the next one, they will have to pay me to take it! Yeah, I'm cheap and proud of it!

Hey Matt: Drove through AW Heights today. Your dime looks so cool outside the store. Really adds class to the place. Tell them they should give you a raise for making the parking lot look so good!

Len

Thanks Len! I'd still say my 510 is a 30 footer though! I may do some work trading to get my bodyman to fix that rear quarter one of these days. I'm actually beginning to think about not racing rally with it, rather finding perhaps a 200sx that I can beat to shit with a solid axle that might be more suitable. In which case I'd think about starting to make the 510 look prettier. That's mainly only because as much as I'd like to, rallying is way too expensive to justify right now. When I get some debt paid off, it might be an idea, but that's still 3 years out.

i have done 99% of the work on my 720 myself.. so what are you saying?

And just because someone hacked up a perfectly good car themselves does not give them the right to talk shit about someones car that was done properly even if all they did was build it with a checkbook.

i dont hate people that can afford to "do it right", i just hate people that judge a entire group of people they have never meet based on a single experience. (sounds alot like racism when you put it that way)

like really your attitude just blows my mind, how fucking old are you? you sound like your 17. all you can do is keep bitching about how some kids at a show hurt your feelings so now you dont like any one that has the same car.

Im guessing your just a narrow minded ass hole and nothing anyone says is going to change your mind.

seeing that much much more then 50% of the members on this site have a 510, and even more have had 510s in the past.

that doesn't leave you a whole lot off people on this site to talk to.

yeah im sure some of them are ass holes, but you're proof that you dont have to own a 510 to be a narrow minded ass hole that only sees things one way.

• Like 4

i dont hate people that can afford to "do it right", i just hate people that judge a entire group of people they have never meet based on a single experience. (sounds alot like racism when you put it that way)

like really your attitude just blows my mind, how fucking old are you? you sound like your 17. all you can do is keep bitching about how some kids at a show hurt your feelings so now you dont like any one that has the same car.

Im guessing your just a narrow minded ass hole and nothing anyone says is going to change your mind.

seeing that much much more then 50% of the members on this site have a 510, and even more have had 510s in the past.

that doesn't leave you a whole lot off people on this site to talk to.

yeah im sure some of them are ass holes, but you're proof that you dont have to own a 510 to be a narrow minded ass hole that only sees things one way.

I have been in the datsun scene for 10 years or so... built several 240z cars from the bare shell for my friends with their checkbooks.... I myself am heavily into 720s... dont know why..

I only bitched once about them... you guys are the ones who keep it going... i enjoy it... i fuck with you fucking fucks then im gone for 6 months or so... i come here for 720 and z series info.. along with for sale posts... if i want it i fucking buy it and never even say anything on the forum.. you could learn from be... cunt.

To top it all off there have been times here when a 510 prick asks a question about something.. i will give an answer and they ALL get pissed because its a method that costs money... they want cheap or free.. how about this SAVE THE CARS FOR PEOPLE WHO WONT RUIN THEM AND GO RIDE A BIKE!

Dude, it's not what you say, it's how you say it. You come off sounding like a stuck-up pristine Z car snob a lot of the time. (Apologies to the non-stuck up Z car owners!)

I give lots of advice on how to do something, and emphasize when someone NEEDS to spend money to do it right, or when there's a shortcut. For instance when you're putting together a motor. Do you NEED to have it line honed and bored? If it's a good block that's not going to see huge hp, line honing isn't necessary. Boring is. If you're on a budget though, measure the bore, see if it's within runout specs, bottle brush it and call it good. There are a million ways to do things.

Why is this all falling apart? We buy what we can afford to buy. We maintain, repair, restore each to our abilities and checkbook. There's bound to be disparity between money available, opportunity, availability and choice of Datsun, time available, workspace, experience, tools, family responsibilities, personalities and ambition. There is bound to be differences between us. Big fucking deal, we are different, different wants and goals in our vehicles, different opportunities... it's all good, do what you can to your best. I suppose we are often cheap, I know I am, but not all of us. I do what I can and encourage others to do better. For sure there are other that are way 'cheaper' than me but if what they choose to do isn't unsafe I can't say they are wrong.

We're here for the Datsun.

I have been in the datsun scene for 10 years or so... built several 240z cars from the bare shell for my friends with their checkbooks.... I myself am heavily into 720s... dont know why..

I only bitched once about them... you guys are the ones who keep it going... i enjoy it... i fuck with you fucking fucks then im gone for 6 months or so... i come here for 720 and z series info.. along with for sale posts... if i want it i fucking buy it and never even say anything on the forum.. you could learn from be... cunt.

To top it all off there have been times here when a 510 prick asks a question about something.. i will give an answer and they ALL get pissed because its a method that costs money... they want cheap or free.. how about this SAVE THE CARS FOR PEOPLE WHO WONT RUIN THEM AND GO RIDE A BIKE!

Troll

Bottom line is they are not only cheap but broke too and are not even happy with what they have. Its a miserable bunch of people.

then why are you here? why do you even own a datto?

problem isnt every datto owner on the planet................ its just you.