Why are Datsun owners cheap bastards

I know this might stir shit up, but I wanna see the replys people have. Because a while back I seen a guy one day at the junkyard freaking out because they were charging him 5 bucks for what I'm sure was a 720 carb, and set of sunvisors. Is it just certain areas that are worse than others or what? 5 bucks is like a gallon and a half of gas anymore? This may not be even about datsun owners. It might just be people in general, I dont like lol! I like to save a buck here and their, but that dude was pissing me off cause I had to listen to his stupid ass holding heavy SHIT!

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know this might stir shit up, but I wanna see the replys people have. Because a while back I seen a guy one day at the junkyard freaking out because they were charging him 5 bucks for what I'm sure was a 720 carb, and set of sunvisors. Is it just certain areas that are worse than others or what? 5 bucks is like a gallon and a half of gas anymore? This may not be even about datsun owners. It might just be people in general, I dont like lol! I like to save a buck here and their, but that dude was pissing me off cause I had to listen to his stupid ass holding heavy SHIT!

Im not cheap, Ive spent at least 15k on my 510. Plus I have given away a ton of parts.

You know what i really love. Cheap bastards that wanna low ball the life out of something they're buying, BUT want ten times more for the same thing when they turn around and sell it. THAT pisses me off. I'll give deals if I know I'll GET deals in return.

-B

Coming from the 620, I think what makes some of the truck guys "cheap" is the possibility of sourcing so many parts from other vehicles and from junkyard scavenging. Another fact of us being cheap is because we can. Hardly anybody races their truck, puts out tons of power, or seriously shows their truck from what I've seen. We just enjoy them, so we can get away with being cheap. I've had many different types of projects, all with large budgets, but there is something about datsun frugality that appeals to me! 8)

Was this guy also someone who used to go and buy a burger and a shake for $0.15 and fill his tank up for $3? My dad whoops and hollars over a $.03 differential in gas prices from 2 stations across town. Now THAT guy is frugal. He was also into Datsuns long before I was born :) seems like alot of people who bought Datsuns back in the day knew the value of a dollar, and that's why they were putting up with all the harassment and shit flicking that came along with buying something "un-American". If that be the case, I think they will probably gripe about the cost of anything nowadays... and I can't really blame em.

However...

if they aren't someone who grew up during any time of depression/recession/economic hard times(if they're under the age of 40), and they're sniveling about paying $5 for a carb and sunvisors, then they're probably living off the state, and are bitching because food stamps don't cut it at the pick-n-pull. Fuck 'em.

My Dad's The Same Way <_<

He Gets Pissed Because They Charge Him $2 To Enter

And Tries To Steal As Much BS Parts To Make Up For His $2

I'm Not Like That, I Mean It's Only $2... Who Gives A Shit?

But I Get Amused At His Reactions To Prices :lol:

Why haven't you removed the shift key from your keyboard yet? And yes, I'll bitch about the $2 entry fee because it's bullshit especially if you don't find anything you need. My favorite pick n pull only charges a $1 to get in, and I'm okay with that. :D

Five bucks for a carb? Hot Damn!

Around here carbs cost 30-40 bucks at the Junkyard......

Even if you are a cheap datsun owner in SoCal if you need junkyard parts you already know you'll be paying a lot, you guys don't know how easy you have it with Mom and Pop junkyards.. all we have is Pick your Part and Ecology, and the only mom and pop shop around me has "competitive prices" like 2 bucks less than ecology/pyp and you can haggle with him.

Go to the 510 realm thread and post this same thread... i dare you

This is funny. It just came to me that Datsuns have taught me to be frugal (cheap). In the past if I needed a part for one of my vehicles I woulod just go buy new. Since ive owned Datsuns I will scour the countryside looking for the best price. Or I will spend a little time & refurbish old parts. So I think its the Datsun that turns us into cheapos :P

i'm sorry, but maybe the notion that datsuns were cheap when new back in the day but try to restore one nowadays, its not.

one of the main factors why i couldnt buy another datsun is because i am buying parts for my truck.... i'm not cheap but i wont lie and say that i wouldnt like a deal every once and a while.