Bob's '68 2 door Rat

Bob3

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow bob, I just read the entire build on here, it has changed my build plan, at first I wanted a Steve pepka style super built custom dime " I still want that eventually" but now I want to get my car on the road first and foremost, and once it's actually running I will keep it totally ratsun bob style while I build up the parts I need to make my pepka flared 510.

I wish I had your resources but rat rods look better when made cheap. All I really need now is a tranny and floor pans and I'll start putting it together!

You can see my build. Google search " rustina 1969 Datsun 510 coup"

Thx for the inspiration

Great thread indeed.

We really need to have a Colorado Datsun meet!!

It's been a few months since the VW show at PPIR...which was the last somewhat (barely) official Coloratsun get together....

Waiting for Tommy, Bobby and Bob (Read...KIM!!:)to give us the go-ahead on a date. :P

Oh...that reminds me...Whens Bobby gettin into the Ratsun action? ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, so it's Christmas morning, everything is opened. Since Christmas is bigger than Thanksgiving, I figured I would see what Bob and his crew are getting done today on the 510 rat.

Or is it Tommys day for upgrades..................

Ok, so it's Christmas morning, everything is opened. Since Christmas is bigger than Thanksgiving, I figured I would see what Bob and his crew are getting done today on the 510 rat.

Or is it Tommys day for upgrades..................

I took apart the spare rear suspension that I'm going to clean up and prep for install on the '68 Rat.

variousDec-10012.jpg

variousDec-10013.jpg

variousDec-10014.jpg

variousDec-10015.jpg

Tommy got some work done too . . . ;)

• Like 1

Bob, I know you hear this a lot here, but you are awesome. I love your updates, but in all honesty, I wish you would do some stuff on the Opposition goon. That being said I love all your updates, so please keep them coming.

Thanks! I have a rough plan bouncing around in my head now for The Opposition. I think my writer's block is going away!

We need to finish up Tommy's dime and a few more things on my 68 Rat then I'll get on the goon! :D