Bob's '68 2 door Rat

Bob3

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bob, that idea is great and i have seen it done several times before on 510's. However, let me share that i have been doing alignments for about 20 years now and have seen that design be a problem on a 510 many different times. For some reason the cams slip, the bolt size will not allow you to tighten them enough to stay. Everything seems good until you hit a good hard corner. A small tack weld after adjustment does the trick though.

I know that many cars use this adjustable design, and i have only seen it be a problem on the 510's.

Good luck.

I have heard the same thing

Bob, that idea is great and i have seen it done several times before on 510's. However, let me share that i have been doing alignments for about 20 years now and have seen that design be a problem on a 510 many different times. For some reason the cams slip, the bolt size will not allow you to tighten them enough to stay. Everything seems good until you hit a good hard corner. A small tack weld after adjustment does the trick though.

I know that many cars use this adjustable design, and i have only seen it be a problem on the 510's.

Good luck.

Thanks for the advice. I'll keep an eye on it.

I did a great job last night destroying my NEW clutch master and steel line. I cross-threaded it and thought it would pull itself in. I'm going out to hopefully find (more) new ones today! :mad:

I did get some sweet fab work done on my exhaust though. :P

Thanks for the advice. I'll keep an eye on it.

I did a great job last night destroying my NEW clutch master and steel line. I cross-threaded it and thought it would pull itself in. I'm going out to hopefully find (more) new ones today! :mad:

I did get some sweet fab work done on my exhaust though. :P

Pics please!!!

Tommy and I took it out for the maiden voyage!!! :D

&

Last night Madness came by and put his mark on it! :thumbup:

MadnessPinstriping002.jpg

MadnessPinstriping003.jpg

MadnessPinstriping004.jpg

MadnessPinstriping009.jpg

MadnessPinstriping006.jpg

MadnessPinstriping007.jpg

MadnessPinstriping008.jpg

MadnessPinstriping010.jpg

I love this car. It's what Ratsun is all about.

I think I've seen that red race car you have. Has it ever been at Jeff Winter's shop?

Yes it has. In fact that is where I got it. I've known Jeff for over 30 years!

My tires were rubbing the secondary inner fender lip. I didn't even know there was a secondary inner lip until I got it running and went for my first drive. I called Icehouse and he warned me "don't just hammer those out, it will push out and dent out your rear quarter panel from the inside". :unsure: So I looked it over and then made a cut, pulled the lip down, cut the inner brace as far up as I could, hammered that back with a punch, then carefully hammered it flat. I then spot welded it back a little at a time, keeping the old paint on the quarter panel cool with a wet rag, until it was done. Then I put some rubber silicone over it and IT WORKED! :hyper: No more rubbing! :P

rearfenderroll002.jpg

rearfenderroll003.jpg

rearfenderroll006.jpg

rearfenderroll008.jpg

rearfenderroll009.jpg

Then I "AGED" my RATSUN (BRE) Stripes.

rearfenderroll022.jpg

rearfenderroll019.jpg

rearfenderroll020.jpg

rearfenderroll018.jpg

rearfenderroll017.jpg

rearfenderroll012.jpg