Canby 2011

sick620

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I cant wait to go this year! So how did you get to $65? I cant find any reasonable combination to get to amount.

What do most people pick? register their car? banquet ticket? each get their own camp site? 2 nights I assume. And swap meet if you have things to sell? I like living close to Canby :)

I just register the datto, get camping for both days, and get a vendor spot.

I never get the banquet stuff cuz we always just BBQ at the camp site

"but gas WTF"

Easily the biggest expense for me <_<

610 miles each way, gonna be pricey!

Ouch. Somewhere between 75-110 dollars each way depending on mpg (30 vs 20mpg at 3.60$), if gas stays the same price. I hope to have the 5-speed swap done in time so it's a little cheaper.

Hate to break it but gas is expected to go up 25% in the next few months. By June gas will be near $4.50

Payed $4.17 a gallon this morning for diesel $51 bucks to fill up from a half tank... :angry: :(

...If its going to be that much, thank god were driving Datsuns :lol:

I did it once 11+ hours to canby in my wagon was no good on this old mans back so I told myself I will tow up there from now on, gunna start saving now for my gas fund for Canby at least my rig gets about 17mpg towing

Clayton

Somehow I dont expect speedhunters will bother with us, it would be interesting if they did tho. I do look foward to being with the rest of the crew again. I will be better prepared this time. BTW all of you around the Tacoma area need to PM me and get what parts/camp gear you want hauled down there to my house ASAP! Have them in totes with your info and NO GREASE OR LEAKY/SMELLY CRAP!!! I dont need the mess. Space is limited and those that donate to the gas fund takes priority. I have 1.5K lb limit so bring it on!

So Canby is definitely a go for me this year. Though I have been thinking about the gas costs. If all goes well, I may end up bringing the hardbody instead of the 510, probably with some parts for sale as well. Depends on the motor and gas mileage too though. Looking to sell the mud tires on craigslist and get some BFG TAs or something a little nicer for highway driving. I have $130 saved up right now for gas, may need to add to that in the next few months.