Canby 2011

sick620

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me look at the calender, ....

Yes, 10th, 11'th, and 12'th. Thats usually the dates. 10th will be autocross, 11'th and 12'th will be car show/swap meet etc. I missed you last year, i was only there for a day. Hopefully i get a chance to say ello this year! you gonna be there the whole time?

Fuckit. I'm leaving fri morning but getting reservation for the ferry. Last time I missed by one car and had to wait 6 hrs! Rolled in to Canby at 11:30 PM. Drove back and forth along the fence until a lady shouted in the dark " that a Datsun?" and let me in. This time I'll stay for the Sunday festivities and roll home Monday or Tuesday. Fuck work.

Fuckit. I'm leaving fri morning but getting reservation for the ferry. Last time I missed by one car and had to wait 6 hrs! Rolled in to Canby at 11:30 PM. Drove back and forth along the fence until a lady shouted in the dark " that a Datsun?" and let me in. This time I'll stay for the Sunday festivities and roll home Monday or Tuesday. Fuck work.

YA! FUCK WORK! LOL

I'm wanting to get down this yr. Don't know what I will be driving?

I'm runnin the 620 right now and she is smokey, but she runs like a top!

510 is surounded by a foot of snow right now :(

Hey Richie!

Dude we should caravan down. Maybe pick up lou on the way? BB ferry to Port Angeles and carve the road past the Hood Canal. Or leave Thurs and go down the coast to Portland.

Yeah snow, about 8" Tues nighy here. Phoned in yesterday said no. Today, didn't even bother. :) I'd be tempted to say "Look out the fuckin window!"

Have my old L20B sitting here in the yard. You can come down an have it. Only reason for taking it out was the truck weighs 3400 lb and with 33s and 4:11s it's slow on any hill or into the wind. Been sitting under plastic foe 2-3 years but did run great. New h/g with maybe 3-4 tank fuls run on it. Need dizzy and alt.

Free or trade for 14" 4 bolt rims.... :lol:

Hey Richie!

Dude we should caravan down. Maybe pick up lou on the way? BB ferry to Port Angeles and carve the road past the Hood Canal. Or leave Thurs and go down the coast to Portland.

Yeah snow, about 8" Tues nighy here. Phoned in yesterday said no. Today, didn't even bother. :) I'd be tempted to say "Look out the fuckin window!"

Have my old L20B sitting here in the yard. You can come down an have it. Only reason for taking it out was the truck weighs 3400 lb and with 33s and 4:11s it's slow on any hill or into the wind. Been sitting under plastic foe 2-3 years but did run great. New h/g with maybe 3-4 tank fuls run on it. Need dizzy and alt.

If you guys cruise the coast, be sure and let me know and stop by!! I am 2 blocks off Highway 101 southbound towards portland. I might even be able to join the caravan on the trip.

Hey Richie!

I have always wanted to do the Oregon Coast. What beter excuse then going to a datsun show!

I have 5 L20's right now but none are worth running in there curent state. Do you know the compression? If you wanna trade I will give you the tires also?

The fact that I dont have a good L20 is the reason my 510 is not running. I need a "running" L20 and I need to swap in my zx 5spd and I'm rollin!

If I came down do ya think we could cary that thing from your back yard into my truck?

Rich

Not a chance, that would fuck my back for sure. My goon is in the way of the gate opening and it doesn't have struts on it. Might be able to wrestle it out past it, I can check. L20 isn't any bigger than a person an I can get through carrying a strut so yeah it's possible.

Compression was 130 across. Had it for about 13 years or so never had it apart or a wrench to it until the h/g change. Drove across Canada at least 5 times both ways, always ran good, never burned oil, always started on the first bump of the key. It was always reliable and just lacking in power to move the truck as it got heavier. Would never throw it away it was so faithful.

It's on the back lawn under plastic for about 3 years and unless a mouse jumped up the exhaust and built a nest in the port it should be fine. Didn't drain the carb. No dizzy or alt. and the high volume oil pump may be off but there's lots of pumps around. I think it has the iridium plugs in it.Come and get it. Damn it would slide on a toboggan in the snow. Have to lift into a truck by your self.

Sure I'll trade for the tires as well. Once the struts are done the 13' won't fit over the Maxima calipers. I guess I could take them off to paint them. But rims would be super!!!

Well, it has been a week and I still havent heard from the other datsun club yet, I sent an email in regards to my "free" membership that I won from Canby 2010 lotto. Guess I get to wait some more... :mellow: gotta get some cutter wheels for the dremmel, I got another grill for the truck, not billet, but I like it better than the one I got on it now. I will be putting the stock radio back in as well. So how many parts do you guys got for the swap meet this year?

W So how many parts do you guys got for the swap meet this year?

I know James Johnson [the510keeper] will be bring a lot of different things. If you would like something specific just send him a pm and he will let you know if he has it and if he will bring it up. He will even tow a car up for you if you like.

Anything 720 related! ;)

I know of some fiber glass fenders at a local jy?

the guy has had them hanging on the wall for ever i dont know what he might want for them?

i will be going back there in a month or so to talk about some other goodies he has there i could get pix of them and ask what he wants for them?

rich

Candy would be a great place to bring parts to avoid the shipping. I traded a 4.11 C-200 last year. If I drive my goon I can bring down tons of 'shit'.

Anything 720 related! ;)

the guy has had them hanging on the wall for ever i dont know what he might want for them?

i will be going back there in a month or so to talk about some other goodies he has there i could get pix of them and ask what he wants for them?

rich

You have a yard up your way rich? There was one in N Campbell River.Want that L20B?

rich

pics would be good, thanks for checking! I will have a couple of front grills and some other odds and ends.

Ya I do want that L20 Mike. I will get those rims down to you once the snow melts and we can do a swap :thumbup:

There are 2 jy's up n CR. fn99 has lots of nissan d21's/pathys.

Another out on the gold river highway the guy has 2 zx's and a z20 block.

Elmer, I will get pix and a quote for the 720 fenders.

Rich

i am scared now :D Well i found out some shitty news today. I promised my sister i would got to her graduation and i asked when it was. It is june 11 at 9 am that means i am going to have to haul ass up to puyallup, wa that morning at like 7 watch it, then haul ass back to canby :blink:

Rather than the fenders I would REALLY love an H190 LSD that is for leaf spring setup!!! I would do some trading or cash, ask the guys how bright my "little" LED pods are! ;) I will be bringing a complete Vision setup this year if all goes well. I am also tossing the idea around on combining my two extra front grills an dropping down to 2 headlights instead of 4.