1977 620 KingCab Deluxe

• Replies 962
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Steve, That looks so cool, You should make those to sell!

Thanks, not sure I could charge enough to make it worth while. :lol:

You selling your truck truck? Possibly interested if you are.

I want to finish up a few things, hopefully be ready to sell it at the end of the summer. :)

Dude! Let me know when all the gear is setup so we can rock out! :)

2eDeYe' timestamp='1336575563' post='683103']

Got all my music gear moved to the new house. Should be able to get it set up this weekend. :thumbup:

Picture084.jpg

Dude! Let me know when all the gear is setup so we can rock out! :)

We where suppose to do some jammin to Jeff but never got back to me.....So now we have to have a sweet jam session....and Steve you need more Drum Equipment... :o) My kick is just sitting collecting dust....!!!

Photo05221617.jpg

• 2 months later...

PM replied :)

Iv'e gotten a few PM's about the fuel system. I used the stock steel lines and ran new high pressure fuel line. I got a bunch of the high pressure clamps from a maxima at the junkyard because the parts store ones suck.

Here are the pics I took of the fuel routing.

IMG_2480.jpg

IMG_2481.jpg

IMG_2486.jpg

Minor setback on this truck. Timing chain jumped a tooth, but it still turns over and there are no bangs or clanks so I think I got lucky. New one will be hear shortly.

I also picked up brand new motor and transmission mounts to replace the original ones...they are pretty spongy being 35 years old n all. Got some stock sway bar bushings as the aftermarket ones hit the tension rods and limit suspension travel. Last but not least I got a brand new carrier bearing to replace the one I made from the right stuff (which so far has held up great, but the bearing itself is a little noisy)

:lol:

Picture103.jpg

Picture107.jpg

...and might as well add a pic of the truck doing work. :)

IMG_2490.jpg

That makes two of us. :bye:

That's why I have more than one. :D

Love the pic with the logs in the bed..sux bout the timing chain though.

Timing chain should be easy enough, it's just finding the time.

Here's a couple more :D

IMG_2488.jpg

IMG_2491.jpg

IMG_2493.jpg

IMG_2494.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

So I got into the timing chain yesterday. Found the problem....

IMG_3145.jpg

Idler bolt stripped the aluminum threads in the head. Picking up a heli-coil kit on Monday. Thanks Frank! Thankfully the chain did not jump as I first thought so once I fix the threads it should be good to go. New timing chain will get installed and I think I'm gonna drop some parts of for coating while it's apart.

Here is another issue I'll be addressing while it's in the air. I got some new stock bushings which are much smaller than the aftermarket ones.

IMG_3141.jpg

My buddy had the same thing happen to his ka. He did the same repair and it failed in a catastrophic manor. That bolt has a lot of force on it. I would at least put in a thread insert instead of a helicoil. Replacing the head is the only real way to fix it.

-Josh

No Steve your Sexy....youir trucks cool!!! :thumbup:

ummm, thanks Dave.... I think :lol:

My buddy had the same thing happen to his ka. He did the same repair and it failed in a catastrophic manor. That bolt has a lot of force on it. I would at least put in a thread insert instead of a helicoil. Replacing the head is the only real way to fix it.

-Josh

I realize this bolt has a bunch of side load on it, not sure why Nissan thought it would be a good idea to thread it into aluminum in this application. In fact, I would say it was designed to fail and replacing the head just gives you aluminum threads again, I like steel threads for applying torque.

Your buddy had a heli-coil fail? Was it seated completely and loctited? Did he re-torque it to factory specs? Was the hole drilled true to the correct size? Sorry for the questions, but I have never had a heli-coil repair fail and have used a few of them over the years.

Frank has done this repair on his motor and was able to torque the bolt to spec and hasn't had any further issues. He's got extra inserts from doing his and offered one to me. Plus he is loaning me the tap, drill bit and a pulley he modified to use as a drill guide. Otherwise I will have to buy a new bit, tap and insert and then modify my old pulley.

I'll keep this in mind when I get it torn apart the rest of the way and see what I have to work with. Thanks for the feedback :)