1977 620 KingCab Deluxe

• Replies 962
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

holy shit man, thats sooo quiet now...

i thought the same thing with the video and turned it up, and got surprised. :lol:

when i had my 74, i didnt have the front bumper on it. ive always like the way it looks. maybe no bumper, and some sort of plastic lip/bill to cover the front frame bullshit is what i need to do?

lol, it looks good sir.

Thanks guys, it's amazing to me how loud the chain rattle was now that it's gone. :lol:

Jrock, if you run a stockish muffler it should be just as quiet.

The front bumper from the green truck is going on the red one as soon as I pull the it in the garage to start the axle swap. I like it both ways, but I have been stopped for no front bumper.

• 2 weeks later...

IMG_4428.jpg

IMG_4431.jpg

I gotta give you serious prop's.

I'm a KA builder and I have tried to fix that idler sprocket problem so many different times with no success. The method of catching the head of the bolt is sick ( I never thought of it)

LMK how the longevity of it works

You have a nice build here I like what you've done. Makes me want to start on my 620 sooner but I'm still waiting on stupid parts here and there...

Thanks, hoping it does ok. Next time I will have to use a rivet nut instead of the crush nut. I had to JB weld the threaded portion of the crush nut in place, it will at least act as an early warning device. :lol:

I'd recommend using this rivet nut 94020A391 from mcmaster carr over the one I used.

I'm still in shock that an engineer would design the idler sprocket hub in single shear while threaded into aluminum. Designed to fail... :sick:

It was the cost of the install tool that drove that decision. Got some of the rivet ones on the way, I can make a tool. :lol:

It's coming back in the garage one more time before it goes up for sale, I'll be getting rid of the other insert then.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

So now that I as well have a 77 delux k/c j read through this thread… again lol. Your front suspension refresh was super helpful. I been looking at my kingpins thinking "wtf am I going to do with this" I'm used to my 79 k/c with ball joints lol. Anyways how big was the differance once you put new bushings and such up front?

New bushings made a big difference. It will still need the kingpins done though, to get rid of the last bit of slop.

I will say the best upgrade by far is the disc brakes, well after the KA :lol:

some are self adjusting .....seems 521 fronts self adjust tighter and tighter till they are dragging....the red 521 is falling victim to draggy brakes like mine...time for the disc swap i guess...

l love the snug top pic...shoulda came tot he meet ,...

• 2 weeks later...

your truck sound's pretty cool man!!! you should keep it!!! ,a turbo would be a cool upgrade too!!! do you have any video's of your truck topping out on the top end??? what's the fastest you have gone in it with the swap done??? also what was your tachometer reading too??? I have had 3 620's and 2 Toyota's i'm going to get a 1998-2004 white Toyota 2wd Tacoma. I had a 1993 Toyota 2wd pickup standard.it had a djm 3/4 inch drop with a flowmaster 40 series exhaust.it also had a rare power steering and brakes.it was a non- sr-5 model witch makes it rare.it also had 14 inch wheels and tires on 60 series tread.it had a new top-end with a bigger bore cylinder head and new front and rear main seals too!!! then it got totaled last summer. I didn't have insurance.so now I don't have any wheels to drive.also I would think of putting abs on your 620 too!!! it comes in handy on wet and dry surfaces plus if you ever decide to auto cross or road race your truck it will help balance the weight transfer from front to rear. pro-touring muscle cars use this plus jdm cars that are light benefit from it too!!!

dam that's a lot. have you had any standard cab 620's.ny first truck was a orange 77 620 with a l20b and a 5-spd.it was geared so low I couldn't do 50 mph with out putting in 5th gear.my dad sold I got a Honda civic ef sedan.it was a automatic.i regret getting that car.after that was a white 1992 cb7 Honda accord ex 4-dr.it had blue interior and had eibach pro-kit springs and a maganflow exhaust.then after a 68 bug (project car).then I got a 78 620 bue extended cab.it had a 38 weber carb and a magnaflow exhaust.my old orange truck has been lowered with a 32/36 weber carb and a cherry bomb exhaust.it is loud as hell plus it has old pathfinder rims on 50 series tread.it still has the original l20b and 5-spd.it sounds like a Honda going down the road.but handles like a go-kart!!! I have  a memory card from my digital camera.when I learn how to up load pictures i'll post some pics.again badass 620!!!!

• 4 weeks later...