1977 620 KingCab Deluxe

• Replies 962
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Lots of talking in your thread, not that it's a bad thing.  Sometimes I think I am talking to myself in here..   :)

Thanks, there is a bunch more info in the classified ad as well as the old classified thread.

PM returned.

I am always listenting... Most of the time I am in awe of your knowledge and trucks so I dont have anything useful to add to the conversation :)

Lots of talking in your thread, not that it's a bad thing.  Sometimes I think I am talking to myself in here..   :)

Thanks, there is a bunch more info in the classified ad as well as the old classified thread.

PM returned.

HA HA HA HA i feel the same sometimes just post pics for my enjoyment!

You rockin any bump stops in the front of that thing?

Yep, but not stock ones. Don't have a lot of travel before they hit either :lol:

IMG_1324.jpg

HA HA HA HA i feel the same sometimes just post pics for my enjoyment!

It is for my own enjoyment :D

• Like 1

How do you have so much travel??? I have almost the same amount of bump stop and about the same ride height and I'm sitting on stops.

It looks like Redeye took his pic while the truck was on jack stands and the control arm was at partial drop.  Installing shocks, maybe?

Sandy is correct. I have about 1/2" before I hit the bump stop. I have debated removing it so I can get that extra1/2" of travel that it takes up, but the lack of banging is nice. :lol:

I'll see about getting a pic of it on the ground. Thought I had one online but I can't find it.

That's what I plan on doing is just cutting out all the bump stop stuff completely. I'm worried about how it will feel when j hit the lower arm against frame tho. Might kill me.

are you in your 50s already? if youre gonna drive slammed 620, youre gonna have to deal with the bangs and bumps..

being low aint free... it has its tolls.

• Like 2

I just removed all snubber hardware and brackets for more travel on my 521 ....

Not sure if I want to go that far, need to sell this thing soon :lol:

That's what I plan on doing is just cutting out all the bump stop stuff completely. I'm worried about how it will feel when j hit the lower arm against frame tho. Might kill me.

Take your bump stops out and give it a try, it's not that bad really.  At least when you cut all that stuff out you'll have some suspension travel before the bang. :D

You get that KA together yet? :

No not yet:( I have decided to rebuild the short block after taking closer look and feeling the ridge in the bors. Looking into doing high comp build. 11.1-1 deck the block and mls hg. Stud the block as well. I also just had to do a hg on the l20 in it and decided a u67 and offenhauser intake would suit it well. But in good time, I pretty much have everything short of tranny cluch and driveline to drop it in tho! Ill prolly seduce you with beer and women to come help me with a few things!

How do you have so much travel??? I have almost the same amount of bump stop and about the same ride height and I'm sitting on stops.

2eDeYe" post="996832" timestamp="1382536367"]

Sandy is correct. I have about 1/2" before I hit the bump stop. I have debated removing it so I can get that extra1/2" of travel that it takes up, but the lack of banging is nice. :lol:

I'll see about getting a pic of it on the ground. Thought I had one online but I can't find it.

Here's that pic, please disregard the oily mess. The front seal leak made a mess and I haven't taken it to the car wash yet. :lol:

IMG_8685_zps89f4ef37.jpg

• Like 2