1977 620 KingCab Deluxe

• Replies 962
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nice. That looks good.

That Jeep I recently picked up had and electric pump with no pre filter. I haven't emptied it yet. 

What pump i that? I have one from a Ford Ranger that I will be using. 

It is a airtex E2000, not sure what it is from I sourced by digging through pump specs.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/atx-e2000

Nice work! Bracket came out good, it's a shame it's located where no one will see it.

You should incorporate some stainless clamps the diameter of the pump and filter for mounts.

The body of the pump has a rubber sleeve and there is a rubber sheet between the pump and the bracket. I used heavy zipties to further prevent any metal on metal vibration transfer and to prevent over tightening on the body of the pump. 

• Like 3

I don't think I've ever seen black ones in this size, they are used to hold wide format printers down in their pallet box. I've also seen them in used in aircraft the same way I am using them. 

As far as time and conditions, they are under the truck out of direct sunlight and I ran some on my jeep for years in the elements and never had a problem. 

But if you know where I can get the thick 3/8" wide ones in black I would love to get some more. My stash is running low and I don't install printers anymore.   :)

• Like 1

But if you know where I can get the thick 3/8" wide ones in black I would love to get some more. My stash is running low and I don't install printers anymore.   :)

www.mcmaster.com 

If they don't have it, you don't need it.

• Like 3

i always have a re-read of the last 5 or so pages when i get a spare bit of time.

I love this build. Probably one of my favourites on Ratsun. If it was legal for me to bring it to AUS and i had spare cash id be offering you money right meow .

Thanks, I have to do the same for your build thread :lol: 

Great looking 620 , love it ,, the canopy really suits it ,, well done

Thanks. :)

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Got the pan trimmed up and the floor of the trucked prepped for surgery.

IMG_9871.jpg

IMG_9873.jpg

Saved the body mount for later, might come in handy on another truck :)

IMG_9910.jpg

Truck floor

IMG_9937.jpg

Replacement just set in place.

IMG_9936.jpg

I may trim it up a bit more to save more of the original floor.

• Like 6
  • 1 month later...

Just read through this whole thing! AMAZING!

I am already planning on doing a KA swapped 620 in the very near future. I need to buy my house first so I have a garage though. I will say though, when it comes time for me to find my truck to buy, I am hoping you still have this and i will gladly take it off your hands for you. Im in WA too so no need for long transport.

• Like 2

Just read through this whole thing! AMAZING!

I am already planning on doing a KA swapped 620 in the very near future. I need to buy my house first so I have a garage though. I will say though, when it comes time for me to find my truck to buy, I am hoping you still have this and i will gladly take it off your hands for you. Im in WA too so no need for long transport.

Got most of the work on the floor done. The new one is all welded in, still some cleanup to do. Once that is done I will POR-15 the rest of the interior floor and the border were the weld is underneath.

Made a hole

IMG_1716.jpg

Rusty bit removed.

IMG_1715.jpg

POR-15 here and there. I coated the bottom of the replacement panel before welding it in as it isn't too accessible with the frame in the way.

IMG_1717.jpg

IMG_1962.jpg

Tacked in

IMG_1963.jpg

...and about a million tacks later.

IMG_1964.jpg

Need to spend some quality time with the flap disc. I won't be making the welds flush, just a little cleanup and then more of the black mess that is POR 15. :lol:

• Like 7