1977 620 KingCab Deluxe

• Replies 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

But I don't know travel or lock to lock rotations. Those seem important....

Yep, that's pretty critical. The 620 center link travels about 3-5/8" lock to lock.

So while I was underneath this thing trying to figure out how the hell I was going to get the trans in I noticed a hole in the floor under where the gas peddle sits. One of my requirements for selling this is that it is reliable and safe. For me, a solid floor is part of that.

So here's where I am with that. Not too bad considering some I've seen and owned in the past.

IMG_8596.jpg

IMG_8601.jpg

IMG_8602.jpg

IMG_8603.jpg

IMG_8600.jpg

Kill the rust, patch the holes and seal it up. Got a some tar mat deadener stuff and new carpet to go back in.

I see you have good supervision as usual! :rofl:

Indeed. :)

What are your plans for new carpet. Who makes a nice kit for the KC'?

I have been looking for a clean black 720 to steal the carpet out of.  If your not putting that carpet in the green one, can I buy it from you?

I am using the black 720 carpet that has been boxed up and in my attic for years. 

The carpet that was in here was pretty deteriorated, I am tossing it in the trash. I'll get you supplier info for the 720 one I have. 

• Like 1

Who makes a nice kit for the KC'?

2eDeYe" post="1340564" timestamp="1453138245"]

I'll get you supplier info for the 720 one I have.

Here's what I got for ya. It's a nice carpet kit, excited to see how much nicer it makes the interior.

IMG_8605.jpg

IMG_8606.jpg

I believe this is the company I purchased through.

IMG_8604.jpg

...and their supplier.

IMG_8607.jpg

What type of price range are we looken at?

$5000 OBO

I would rather it go to someone that I know will take care of it, than get the max amount possible. It will likely never be posted in a for sale ad.

There are a couple guys that have expressed interest in it and they get first crack at that OBO.   :)

I am using the black 720 carpet that has been boxed up and in my attic for years. 

The carpet that was in here was pretty deteriorated, I am tossing it in the trash. I'll get you supplier info for the 720 one I have. 

I also used a 720 carpet kit but in royal blue and trimmed it up and its bitchin'.

• Like 1

I would rather it go to someone that I know will take care of it, than get the max amount possible. It will likely never be posted in a for sale ad.

There are a couple guys that have expressed interest in it and they get first crack at that OBO.   :)

Man, getting ready to start a new job. I would to love to have what you started.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Some work on the floor. It's a bit worse than I originally thought, but it's not as bad as I first feared when I first looked under the carpet and pad.

A few pics from the start to where it's at now.

Better living through chemicals.

IMG_9076.jpg

Drivers before

IMG_8870.jpg

Drivers after

IMG_9077.jpg

This spot is toast.

IMG_9078.jpg

Passenger side cleaned up nice

IMG_9075.jpg

Ass did the rear

IMG_9079.jpg

Got a piece on order, just gotta figure out logistics :lol:

IMG_8878.jpg

• Like 5

2eDeYe" post="1347988" timestamp="1454633260"]

IMG_8878.jpg

That is a generous cut! Install should be a cake walk.  :thumbup:

EDIT: How come when I select the thumbs up with shads dude, I get this happy mofo with two thumbs up?

I came back to edit and it is the cool/thumb again. ?????????

• Like 3
  • 3 weeks later...

Some more pics of progress.

Got the replacement fuel tank in, thanks again Ted and Danny.

IMG_9197.jpg

IMG_9200.jpg

IMG_9284.jpg

IMG_9354.jpg

Soaking the cover in rust converter/eliminator, just like all the rest of the parts. Shit works good.

Replaced the passenger side lower hinge. This is a typical issue, the main symptom is a hard to close door. Door closes nice and easy now.

After soaking, before the wire wheel.

IMG_9181.jpg

IMG_9180.jpg

Some paint.

IMG_9198.jpg

IMG_9352.jpg

The old one, you can see the crack that allows the door to move out of position while swinging closed.

IMG_9353.jpg

Designed a fuel pump/filter bracket that hangs from existing holes in the frame. Should work really well, will probably offer these if there is interest.

IMG_9355.jpg

IMG_9356.jpg

Paints drying on that, will get a pic of it installed.

Need to rework the drive shaft to be a one piece. The local drive shaft place isn't helpful and the 4x4 shop doesn't have a drive shaft lathe. Guess I will be building my own.

Other than that, I need to finish the floor and put the interior back together. :)

• Like 5

Bracket turned out not bad.

IMG_9364.jpg

IMG_9368.jpg

Fuel pump will sit a little like so.

IMG_9369.jpg

Need to pick up a new filter though. In case anyone wondered why you should run a filter before the pump.

IMG_9371.jpg

The fuel that drained from the pump was golden and clear. :)

• Like 3