• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

2eDeYe" post="998498" timestamp="1382830689"]

Here's that pic, please disregard the oily mess. The front seal leak made a mess and I haven't taken it to the car wash yet. :lol:

IMG_8685_zps89f4ef37.jpg

Ok so my question is this how tall is your wheel and tire combo? Cause i still have a complete bump stop and i plan to remove everything bumpstop related in an attempt to close my fender gap and still have suspension travel i ask about wheel and tire size so i can get the right sidewall height for my 15x10s

• Like 1

Ok so my question is this how tall is your wheel and tire combo? Cause i still have a complete bump stop and i plan to remove everything bumpstop related in an attempt to close my fender gap and still have suspension travel i ask about wheel and tire size so i can get the right sidewall height for my 15x10s

I am running 225/40/18, tried to get as close to the original tire height as possible. The FAQ has all the measurements I took of the Titans. I never did measure overall height though. 

If I do more work in the front of this truck it will be to remove the bump stop and mount completely, similar to what Jrock did to his 521. 

John, you should look into a set of drop spindles. 

No drop spindles for a kingpin truck, although it's somewhat easy to swap to ball joints these days.   :)

• Like 1

perfect man off to willtheyfit.com lol 

edit: according to willtheyfit.com your tire set up is about a half in taller then what im looking at running looks like ill be able to tuck some tire after im flared i may cheat a little and position the flares a little lower then the stock wheel well opening 

• Like 2

I am running 225/40/18, tried to get as close to the original tire height as possible. The FAQ has all the measurements I took of the Titans. I never did measure overall height though. 

AH, THIS is what I was reading before I got on a tangent at work and wondered what my own tire size was. I am running 225/45/18

according to miata I am going faster than I say by 1.8%

SNAG-0007.jpg

• Like 1

getting there in second is something else :D

My 'departed' 82std w/z22 5spd 3.43 gears would do 55 @ redline in second. No tach so uknown actual rpm....guessing 53-5500. Weber, homemade web adapter/ throttle linkage, homemade 14"x4" air cleaner housing, 2 1/8 ex large turbo muff, 3deg timing, 235-60-15 tires, Chevron Premium, Rotella Diesel oil, Redline MTL, Amsoil Rearend lube. Stuff speedo(needle on H 'MPH') leaving 4th gear(95-100?).

• Like 1

A set of Z'd lower control arms would be the ticket.  You have the equip/skill to do it yourself  :)

I have no time :lol: 

Yeah i like the idea of z'd control arms just dont have a welder

I might know a guy... See below

Ah...sorry John......I thought I was saying that to Steve. 

Maybe by the time you can do Z'd LCAs, I'll have the ball joint mod finished  :)

I'd buy a set of the ball-joint arms. 

My 'departed' 82std w/z22 5spd 3.43 gears would do 55 @ redline in second. No tach so uknown actual rpm....guessing 53-5500. Weber, homemade web adapter/ throttle linkage, homemade 14"x4" air cleaner housing, 2 1/8 ex large turbo muff, 3deg timing, 235-60-15 tires, Chevron Premium, Rotella Diesel oil, Redline MTL, Amsoil Rearend lube. Stuff speedo(needle on H 'MPH') leaving 4th gear(95-100?).

...and people say Datsuns are slow :rofl: 

• Like 3
  • 2 months later...

2eDeYe" post="799159" timestamp="1353547246"]

All back together. Runs awesome, no more rattle. I was able to torque the idler sprocket to spec, had to use a bit of jb weld on crush nut for the load screw, as it's not really designed for this application. :lol:

IMG_5003.jpg

What radiator hoses did you use on this setup and is that metal tube in the setup custom?

• Like 2