1977 620 KingCab Deluxe

dam that's a lot. have you had any standard cab 620's.ny first truck was a orange 77 620 with a l20b and a 5-spd.it was geared so low I couldn't do 50 mph with out putting in 5th gear.my dad sold I got a Honda civic ef sedan.it was a automatic.i regret getting that car.after that was a white 1992 cb7 Honda accord ex 4-dr.it had blue interior and had eibach pro-kit springs and a maganflow exhaust.then after a 68 bug (project car).then I got a 78 620 bue extended cab.it had a 38 weber carb and a magnaflow exhaust.my old orange truck has been lowered with a 32/36 weber carb and a cherry bomb exhaust.it is loud as hell plus it has old pathfinder rims on 50 series tread.it still has the original l20b and 5-spd.it sounds like a Honda going down the road.but handles like a go-kart!!! I have  a memory card from my digital camera.when I learn how to up load pictures i'll post some pics.again badass 620!!!!

50???? All of mine have been to 90 or better in 4th gear, something was wrong with yours!

• Replies 962
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My old truck with factory gearing an L20 and a 4 speed would do 90, no problem.

I've had this one over a hundred and it wasn't even trying. It still needs the other diff swapped in with the 3:45 gears for the speedo to read correctly.

that's cool my first Datsun was a orange 77 short bed with a l20b and a 5-spd transmission. my second was a 78 Datsun 620 extended cab. it has 15 wheels and tires vs the 14 inch on the 77. it had better gearing I think the 78 probably had like 3. something gears while the 77 had like 4.30 gears or something really low gearing??? my 93 Toyota had 3:58:1 gearing. my next truck a 99-2004 Toyota Tacoma 2wd will have 3:42:1 gearing. i'm going to run 18's on the factory gearing. I will have it built to auto cross and probably be turbo'd too!!! you should auto cross your 620!! I bet it would do real well too!!!

dam that's a lot. have you had any standard cab 620's.ny first truck was a orange 77 620 with a l20b and a 5-spd.it was geared so low I couldn't do 50 mph with out putting in 5th gear.my dad sold I got a Honda civic ef sedan.it was a automatic.i regret getting that car.after that was a white 1992 cb7 Honda accord ex 4-dr.it had blue interior and had eibach pro-kit springs and a maganflow exhaust.then after a 68 bug (project car).then I got a 78 620 bue extended cab.it had a 38 weber carb and a magnaflow exhaust.my old orange truck has been lowered with a 32/36 weber carb and a cherry bomb exhaust.it is loud as hell plus it has old pathfinder rims on 50 series tread.it still has the original l20b and 5-spd.it sounds like a Honda going down the road.but handles like a go-kart!!! I have  a memory card from my digital camera.when I learn how to up load pictures i'll post some pics.again badass 620!!!!

Get a tach and some bawls and rev that thin higher haha I guarantee it will go much much faster than 50. The previous owner of my truck also claimed it would only do 50 but I drove it home at 80! These motors sound like they're revving like crazy but they red line at 7k and what sounds like redline to you is probably only 2500 haha

• Like 2

i see,, aprroximately what year.. im looking for some and i keep getting the dual piston for example a 90 pathfinder 2wd or 4wd both dual piston

I'm not familiar with beebani's set up but all the 4cyl Hardbody D21 trucks are single piston calipers. Ask him if they'll work.

The hardbody and pathfinder calipers are interchangable so they should both work with his brackets. I will eventually be running HB spindles with 4x4 pathfinder dual piston calipers...

Red, why did you go with the single pistons?

• 4 weeks later...

are you going to get the white faced gauges from Datsun parts and put led lights in the dash too??? it would look badass man!!!

I got other trucks to work on. This one is just about to my liking and will be up for sale soon.

That is a sick truck, my 620 wants to be like yours when it grows up, envious of the front drop. Are those rims 17's, reindexed t bars, minus bump stops ??? :thumbup:

Rims are 18"s, yep reindexed with no bumpstops.

wait wut... fer sale ... no way.....whats next if the 2wd is going dwn the road....521?  lol.....

one question did u use a frontier ka for the rear sump on this....i been keeping my eyes out for a rear sump ka.....i got a front sump dohc ka.......was kinda thinking the rear would be easier in my 521 should i decide i need to up my power plant game...actually i would go rear in my 510 too...someone should make a kit to swap fronts to rears ....i just never liked the pan being out front hanging down

wait wut... fer sale ... no way.....whats next if the 2wd is going dwn the road....521?  lol.....

one question did u use a frontier ka for the rear sump on this....i been keeping my eyes out for a rear sump ka.....i got a front sump dohc ka.......was kinda thinking the rear would be easier in my 521 should i decide i need to up my power plant game...actually i would go rear in my 510 too...someone should make a kit to swap fronts to rears ....i just never liked the pan being out front hanging down

I have another 2wd project that is taking longer than your wagon :lol:

It's a front sump KA from a 240sx. The only real issue is flipping the center link. You want to try a set of my mounts in your 521? :D

should i swap to a ka you would be the first i call,  your parts speak for them selves... .....the wagon is coming along .... i never intended in stripping the doors but i now have barelmetal doors and front clip....need to find a better hood....i kinda have reserved that the goon is just gonna get done when its done.,... i want it done but i kinda have commited to some things on it i didnt wanna address till later...so i digress.....basically when done i will need to paint the hatch and the roof to complete the paint job....it would also help if it wasnt 20 miles away ....at my frineds shop ... although i dont have the room with the mazda on stands ,,,,,almost done with the new three link.,...then its time to part ways with it ...holy rambler today ....

• 3 weeks later...

2eDeYe" post="683399" timestamp="1336613971"]

Relay cover is done. Just a couple more things under the hood to wrap up. :)

IMG_2104.jpg

IMG_2105.jpg

just came across a pic of your wiring cover on google..... so i drooled for a bit and decided to find it :D

great work as always

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...