1977 620 KingCab Deluxe

• Replies 962
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i assume that lower cover is super chrome powder....looks un cleared... i have experimented with uncleared super chrome....i have doen bumpers ...grill parts and engine tins....it only lasted about a year before it turned black.....finger prints on bare super chrome turn black even faster..engine parts dis colored in about 5 months...its too bad cause super chrome looks great with out clear ....then u clear it, which u have to for uv and staining and it washes it out to mildly polished aluminum...closer to raw alum.... i like the titans but the turbs look good on there....timet o do the titans a cool color... i got some six spokes titans from siq620 for a set of rallys i had kicking around off my 72 blazer, that i need to pic a color for.....

I honestly dont think i can tuck the rallys :/ not without narrowing my axle and pulling my front fenders hard. Didnt take into account the neg offset. Opps lol. That and idk if i can fit 2" hardbidy drop spindles into a 15" wheel haha. Lesson learned :P

I love the timing cover! And good job on the repair!

Those turbines look sic! awesome color too!! :thumbup:

Thanks, I need to get some different tires so that they will tuck.

so is that just a snubber for the front to back movement?

It will basically load the bolt so that it can't back out and somewhat capture it in double shear. That bolt sees a ton of side loading due to the opposing chains and this should take a lot of that side load off of the threads in the head.

i assume that lower cover is super chrome powder....looks un cleared... i have experimented with uncleared super chrome....i have doen bumpers ...grill parts and engine tins....it only lasted about a year before it turned black.....finger prints on bare super chrome turn black even faster..engine parts dis colored in about 5 months...its too bad cause super chrome looks great with out clear ....then u clear it, which u have to for uv and staining and it washes it out to mildly polished aluminum...closer to raw alum.... i like the titans but the turbs look good on there....timet o do the titans a cool color... i got some six spokes titans from siq620 for a set of rallys i had kicking around off my 72 blazer, that i need to pic a color for.....

uhhh....super chrome ya... i have no idea. I have had my grubby paws all over them and they still look the same as when I got them, so far so good. :lol:

Titans are going black eventually for my other truck that's in pieces. I got a set of those rallys in the shed, they came with a set of rollers I picked up for my jeep. Not sure what those will go on yet. Probably go on this regular cab pickup I got my eye on.

I honestly dont think i can tuck the rallys :/ not without narrowing my axle and pulling my front fenders hard. Didnt take into account the neg offset. Opps lol. That and idk if i can fit 2" hardbidy drop spindles into a 15" wheel haha. Lesson learned :P

I love the timing cover! And good job on the repair!

Whoops, you can always trade the rallys for a set of Titans. :lol:

Thanks, should keep this motor going for a long time and saves me from having to toss an otherwise good head.

it just looks uncleared....it looks fantastic like my uncleared parts....it just doenst last was all i was pointing out.. there are alot of shops that do that procedure no clear... me personally would just wish they would change the name.....everyone asks for the chrome powder and i show them and they say that dont look like chrome... isay i know....ps it deonst turn black like balck black .. it just gets cloudy and kinda shady and eventually stains out....i hate near chrome for engine stuff. as it incredibly thick film build is terrible at both dissapating heat...and holding up to heat....im just hones iwth my custmers so they dont get sprised in a year or two....most shops just tell customers what they wanna hear...

2eDeYe' timestamp='1349883115' post='773035']

Not to worried about it though, for what I paid ;)

thats the same things my friends say...lol.....get me that darn pic of the irs wagon on terra firma.....im beggin....

ps what river did u float.... floated the deschutes down here twice.... my wife swampped her and my daughters raft grabbing a branch and sucking the up rver side nder the water....i ws panicing watching her panic....in the end..datsun

thats the same things my friends say...lol.....get me that darn pic of the irs wagon on terra firma.....im beggin....

ps what river did u float.... floated the deschutes down here twice.... my wife swampped her and my daughters raft grabbing a branch and sucking the up rver side nder the water....i ws panicing watching her panic....in the end..datsun

SHould be on the ground today. :)

Stillaguamish, it runs through Arlington. Totally...datsun

ahh, i had to go back and look at the way the bolt was there.. i kept thinking that big bolt spun for some reason.

makes sense now :lol:

Part of the problem was the bolt spinning when it's not supposed to :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

How much can you lower a 620 before you consider spacing the carrier bearing and how much did you end up spacing it?

alot..

most people will start spacing it up around the time they get 3in or bigger blocks.

i havnt spaced mine up, and ive lowered my truck a shitload in the back. imagine the axle resting halfway through where the stock frame used to be. the truck is notched for it to be this low..

Yep, like Farmer Joe said, 3" blocks are what I'm running, didn't really have to space it but I was in there anyways. 1" spacer is the best, I think I used a 1 1/2" spacer cause I had it laying around. I will have to measure it though to be sure.

Got my new rubber motor mounts in and took care of a few other issues last night. Hopefully have it back on the ground and running tonight.

Dave, if you want me to make you a couple of spacers shoot me a PM. :)

holy f-ing shit that ka is quiet when running....i had to turn up my speakers and right about then you revved it up and scared the piss out of my dog laying at my feet....(me too a little..)......purrs nice...i hope ines that quiet....truck looks good inthe lawn...