1977 620 KingCab Deluxe

• Replies 962
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks, it's a blast to drive. :D

Datsun Dave is the man. He builds and sells the DZ-Start push button start system. I had hime install the alarm and door locks when he installed the DZ-Start. Not sure if he has any DZ-Starts available at the moment but you could always shoot him a PM. :)

His DZ-Start thread.

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/29794-datsundaves-new-startstop-button-ignition-system/

I also have motor mounts available to bolt in that KA when you find it. You'll still have to deal with the center link issue.

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/39780-620-ka24-motor-mount-brackets/

Need to drop that ass end down a bit .....I use Gas a just, ,like them alot work out great for me...

I've been thinking about 4" blocks or looking for some 720 4x4 leaves. Then it would need notch. After that it might need new rear shocks. Slippery slope :lol:

I'll try the gas a just in the rear if I do end up messing with the rear suspension. Sounds like you guys like them :)

With a lever and a little effort I got the shocks in. I pushed the inner fender into the engine bay just enough to clear the shock bushing and stud.

Pics!

IMG_1417.jpg

IMG_1425.jpg

IMG_1424.jpg

IMG_1426.jpg

IMG_1427.jpg

Ordered up some new sway bar bushings and I'm researching tension rod bushings...I'll update with what I end up using. biggrin.gif

Now I gotta save up for a shop...I should be able to fit a 25 x 35 ft one in the back yard. Might possibly be bigger depending on the property line distance in the code. Have to talk to the city on that though.

After talking with mike, I ordered up another set of sway bar bushings to go on the tension rods. Now I wait :lol:

2eDeYe' date='24 February 2012 - 06:27 PM' timestamp='1330136835' post='642210']

After talking with mike, I ordered up another set of sway bar bushings to go on the tension rods. Now I wait :lol:

What did you end up ordering?

I love watching your build!!

• 3 weeks later...
2eDeYe' date='25 February 2012 - 05:37 PM' timestamp='1330216632' post='642834']

A lot of the universal stuff will work also. :)

Ended up getting these.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/ENS-9-8105R/

ENS-9-8105R.jpg

I'll let you know how they fit.

they fit great on the 610 i dont see why it would be different on the 620

0425091818.jpg

Updates?

Got one tension rod bushed over the weekend. I'll have some pics when I get the other one finished up tommorow night.

they fit great on the 610 i dont see why it would be different on the 620

They work perfect, just have to make sure they are compressed correctly. Yours looks good, I'm not painting anything under there though.

hey good work on the truck... have always liked it... I have a 77 kc deluxe as well.. :)

Mine dosnt have a sick ka24de tho it just has a smokey low compression L20B lol..

Thanks, you should pick up a DE and some of my mounts and get to work :D

2eDeYe' date='13 March 2012 - 06:21 AM' timestamp='1331648471' post='653287']

They work perfect, just have to make sure they are compressed correctly. Yours looks good, I'm not painting anything under there though.

What do you mean compressed correctly?

What do you mean compressed correctly?

From this thread

http://community.rat...__1#entry648431

This quote shows how to set them up.

So here is the detail from my 1975 Datsun Pickup Service Manual showing what the bushings should measure out to after installing and tightening. Again, this is for the 75' and I assume would probably be the same for the previous 620s as well as the 76' and 77' ?

I realize this is probably of no use to you Cakebreak and I dont mean to thread jack, but I figured I'd throw it up in case there are members with pre 78' 620s dealing with their tension rods -

tensionrod.jpg

Here's pics of how I did mine.

What I started with.

IMG_1481.jpg

IMG_1482.jpg

IMG_1514.jpg

All new stuff.

IMG_1519.jpg

IMG_1521.jpg

IMG_1515.jpg

IMG_1518.jpg

IMG_1516.jpg

IMG_1526.jpg

IMG_1527.jpg

IMG_1528.jpg

The thing to remember is to disconnect the shocks and the springs to get the tension rod flat in the travel arc. The remove and replace the tension rods, should be much easier that way. smile.gif

I posted the cardboard beginnings of this a while back. It's starting to take shape in stainless. Had to pick up a new tool to make cutting easier. :)

New toy...I mean tool.

IMG_1543.jpg

The cardboard box.

IMG_1637.jpg

The beginnings of the stainless one.

IMG_1634.jpg

IMG_1635.jpg