1977 620 KingCab Deluxe

Looking good Steve!! Thanks for the pics now I have an idea how to raise my towers!!

Thanks. You got a welder now?

I read threw but don't recall seeing. Did u swap fuel lines to run your KA?

I ran new high pressure rubber lines to the stock steel line. You might want to head to the local junkyard and get some of the clamps off a maxima or something, the ones they sell at the parts stores aren't as good.

The shiny one is factory Nissan and the black one is from shmucks/oreally?

IMG_1259.jpg

I put an inline pump near the tank, with a filter between it and the tank. I also have a filter at the intake. I can get a pic when I start working back there.

• Replies 962
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2eDeYe' date='25 January 2012 - 05:20 PM' timestamp='1327540804' post='619742']

Some progress today

Parts are prepped, I should be able to get them jigged and tacked tomorrow.

IMG_1257.jpg

IMG_1258.jpg

I never thought of making the upper mount taller. Back in the late 80's and early 90's I went through the KYB book and found a set of matching upper and lower mount style 1.5" shorter with a long throw. They fit a Volvo or SAAB. Got those in Gas A Just and my 74 rode awsome slamed on 15"s. I relooked up the part # a couple years ago and they were discontinued. I'll go with 620 KYB's and have custom upper mount made. Nice build dude. :thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...

I'll see about some vid, but I don't see me going much faster over the speedbumps than before. I should be able to take on most potholes though. :D

I'd like to get some Tokicos, but will probably end up with some kyb or monroe shocks. The Tokico's seem to be hard to locate.

Ended up going with the KYBs, couldn't locat any Tokico's to fit the 620. Oh well, at least the KYBs are great shocks also. Should be here next week sometime.

I also orded up a set of those bumpstops you recommended Zeusimo, thanks for the link. :cool:

No cutting of the studs required, but I did end up tapping the hole for the bump stop thread size (3/8-16) and bought easier to tighten nuts and lock washers.

Lick o paint on the towers...

IMG_1311.jpg

Got the new bushings greased and installed.

IMG_1307.jpg

IMG_1308.jpg

...and the aforementioned bump stops.

IMG_1313.jpg

Tappy, tap, tap

IMG_1314.jpg

Screwed in

IMG_1317.jpg

Locked down

IMG_1321.jpg

Passenger side.

IMG_1325.jpg

Amount of travel at ride height now. cool.gif

IMG_1322.jpg

IMG_1324.jpg

Shocks should be in this week and then on to the back biggrin.gif

Now if my shocks would come in...I could go for a test run :cool:

In other news. I just closed my first house purchase. I will be building a shop in the backyard as a warehouse and will be able to move my collection of junk to one location and take inventory. Woohooo :D

Thanks guys, I'm excited to have front suspension again and more storage space :lol:

How did the upper bushing fit?

They fit just like they are supposed to. I'll let you know how they hold up. I was getting quite a bit of fore - aft play with the rubber bushings. Hoping these will clear that up, so far so good. :D

Yep, no more storage unit.

The house is about a 5 minute walk from our current house. I'll be using my garage as my workshop with all my tooling and the new out building at the new house as a warehouse of sorts. If I get ambitious I may start an inventory list. :lol:

What KYB's did you get GR2 or Gas a Just. I'm up in the air on which one's i'll get. The GR2's are soft and will give a plush ride. The Gas a Just are stiffer and give a sporty ride. GR 2's are too soft for the back of a 510 but might work well on a truck.