1977 620 KingCab Deluxe

• Replies 962
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2eDeYe' date='28 June 2011 - 10:58 AM' timestamp='1309273091' post='502333']

I did end up rolling the fronts a bit, just used a old hammer handle to bend the lip up a little. No rubbing at all now.

Pic from this weekend. biggrin.gif

IMG_6741.jpg

I fieel soffocated.......Waaaaoooo

So are you ready to sell that smooth truck yet....are ya are ya....???? LOL!!

And I also like accents, my Xwife was born and raised in South Africa...she has a killer accent. Irish accents are sweet also....

Almost, gotta fix the front shock travel, replace and lift the carrier bearing a little and maybe c-notch the rear. Plus, I'm still enjoying driving it :P

Yep accents are hot :lol:

Didn't get as much done as I planned this weekend. Too much beer and blowing shit up. laugh.gif

I did fix the fusible link, still keeping my eye out for a stock one at the J/Y. I was able to make 2 out of the fusible link stock from the parts store though, so I have a spare now.

Picture011-5.jpg

Picture013-5.jpg

Picture014-6.jpg

Also got my new (to me, thanks Ted) dome light installed along with with my new door switches. Going to see about an LED replacement bulb to get it a bit brighter.

The old switches were pretty fuckered.

Picture015-5.jpg

Picture016-6.jpg

The new switches had 2 leads, I removed one of them.

Picture017-5.jpg

Picture018-5.jpg

Picture019-2.jpg

The original dome light was also fuckered, I suppose plastic is supposed to last forever...ha

Picture020-3.jpg

One more thing off the list. smile.gif

Picture032-1.jpg

If you are not in a hurry, there are some nice ones on ebay for reasonable prices, I got mine for around $5 with 12 smds on a board and an adapter to the bulb socket. It puts out a nice white light, and puts out 3 times as much light as the original. If you are in a hurry, go to superbrightleds.com. That is where I get most of mine from, there is not one incandesant bulb on my truck, heater no longer slows down when I turn on the headlights, and don't have to worry about bulbs burning out. :P

2eDeYe' date='06 July 2011 - 09:53 AM' timestamp='1309967605' post='507138']

No hurry here, where'd you get the $5 ones? :D

Here are some ebay item numbers for you to check out, my dome light was missing, so I went to the bone yard and found one from a Toyota that fit the opening, so I don't know what style adapter you need for the original.

120745218307 260812608996

310328917737 280704154798

130539844681 280704154712

• 3 weeks later...
2eDeYe' date='01 August 2011 - 06:31 PM' timestamp='1312245090' post='522870']

So it turns out my motor is out of a 95-97 240sx not the earlier years like I thought. :unsure:

Win for me :P

New valve cover gasket should be in tomorrow, had to order one. :blink:

That truck is going to be so BAD ASS that you are going to end up selling the other one! :thumbup:

Actually....it looks like I am getting another 620 soon. :hyper:

Once the other one is daily driverable (has some steering issues that need to be addressed) this one will be put back up on stands to finish up the suspension work, fix the carrier bearing and put a 4:10 diff in. Then it's just the wiring and ecu placement left before time to sell. :)

Of course, I am a slacker so it might take a while yet. :lol:

Sure is. Needs an overflow tank though.

I am debating moving the inlet over to the passenger side to clean up the upper hose. Need to get a spare radiator first though, in case it doesn't cool as well.