1977 620 KingCab Deluxe

• 5 weeks later...
  • Replies 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Still have it. It's back in the garage for some winter work.

Scored a nice drivers fender. Thanks to Big Schlink, my brother and Shonuff Shipping Services.

Pictures041.jpg

Pictures040.jpg

Pictures042.jpg

Some tear down.

Gonna get the CPU into the cab, raise the front shock towers, replace the carrier bearing (thanks Mike) and put in the 3:54 diff I have for it. biggrin.gif

2eDeYe' date='27 November 2011 - 05:01 PM' timestamp='1322442082' post='584599']

put in the 3:54 diff I have for it. :D

Hey Steve just a heads up I have a 3:90 in my wagon with the KA transmission and it struggles to pull 5th gear up even the smallest hill, the 3:54 that was in my KC was great on the flat but I am way more pleased with the 3:90 that is in it now I want to go to a 4:10 if I install a KA to match what the 240sx come with stock...

not sure what you have in there now but I would think a 4:10 or 4:38 would be perfect???

Clayton

the 3:54 that was in my KC was great on the flat but I am way more pleased with the 3:90 that is in it now

not sure what you have in there now but I would think a 4:10 or 4:38 would be perfect???

Clayton

I totally agree with Clayton on this one. I HAD a 3:90 for that truck and sold it before I got around to installing it. Picked up the 3:50's and really wasn't that happy with the take off or lack of power on the hills. I was great for cruising, but sucked otherwise.

2eDeYe' date='28 November 2011 - 07:44 AM' timestamp='1322495098' post='584859']

I got a 4:10 set for it if it sucks :)

I will say a stock KA has plenty of power and torque with the truck transmission it might be ok.... stock L20B not so much LOL

I will say a stock KA has plenty of power and torque with the truck transmission it might be ok.... stock L20B not so much LOL

Oh, so much more than the L.

Problem is I'm in 4th gear to cruise at 35, I'll get it sorted out though :D

2eDeYe' date='29 November 2011 - 07:06 AM' timestamp='1322579169' post='585330']

Problem is I'm in 4th gear to cruise at 35, I'll get it sorted out though :D

my Ka24de in the wagon with a stock 710 rear-end is about the same ... . . I top out at 45mph in 3rd.. . . but I'm mostly in 4th cruising at 35-40mph

.. . I treated 4th gear like the "oh shit there's a cop gear" .. . . :lol: .. .. it's the only way to keep the exaust sounding "stock" .. . :lol:

Your ECU needs to be dry .. . . I thought my ECU died because of the moisture under the passenger seat . . . so I'm moving it under the glove-box

Guest kamakazi620

my Ka24de in the wagon with a stock 710 rear-end is about the same ... . . I top out at 45mph in 3rd.. . . but I'm mostly in 4th cruising at 35-40mph

.. . I treated 4th gear like the "oh shit there's a cop gear" .. . . :lol: .. .. it's the only way to keep the exaust sounding "stock" .. . :lol:

Your ECU needs to be dry .. . . I thought my ECU died because of the moisture under the passenger seat . . . so I'm moving it under the glove-box

Me 2 and i'm L series in my truck,funny tho in forth i'll top out at 80-90

• 2 weeks later...

ECU will be under the dash or on the passenger kick panel up high.

How high will the shock towers be raised ? I did mine 2 inches & run stock length shocks & she rides smooth. I did have to cut openings in the wheel wells so the upper shock bolts cleared.

I plan to add 2" and will probably bend the inner fender to clear if needed.

PICS, love them were are they at. what size tires are on those titan wheel

Added some below tongue.gif

Tires are 225/40-R18

Me 2 and i'm L series in my truck,funny tho in forth i'll top out at 80-90

Haha I can break 100. With the new gears, well I will have to see biggrin.gif

Some pics, been slow going. I've developed a pain in my pelvis that the Dr's can't figure out and the grandkid gave me the latest sickness, but there is still forward progress. :hmm:

Picture062.jpg

Here is a tip. I got new bumpers for the hood and when I tried to install them the pigtail popped off. So I used some of 'the right stuff' gasket maker to put them on. Holds good and took a bit of effort to remove them for the current work. Cleans up easy as well. I will be putting them back on the same way smile.gif

Picture060.jpg

I see you have disc brakes on a '77 ... can you just bolt on the brakes from a 1979 truck? I think so, it looks close to the same setup

I think that just might work really good. But you should really start a new topic so we all can see your question. :rofl:

:poke:

That is classic......for those that don't know.....Bleach started the original "disc brakes on a kingpin truck" thread back on NWDE!!! LOL! :)

I did not remember that detail. I do remember having a 1979 parts truck at home and looking at it closely I could see it would not be a bolt-on process onto my 1976 truck so I tossed the whole truck after taking other items. I may have reported my findings to NWDE. :)