Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Another update.

Spaghetti!!!

IMG_1111.jpg

CPU is going under the dash. Finally in the cab. tongue.gif

IMG_1114.jpg

I was tryin to pop the split washer off the harness bolt to get it through the hole in the firewall and the bracket broke. sad.gif

At least it fit through the stock hole now... :rolleyes:

I will epoxy the bracket, should still work well after hard mounting the CPU. Unless anyone has a spare harness bracket??

IMG_1113.jpg

Before shots of the shock towers, working up the courage to hack them off laugh.gif

IMG_1108.jpg

IMG_1105.jpg

I got a set of delrin upper kingpin bushings from mklotz, to put in after I weld up the towers. Thanks Mike cool.gif

IMG_1110.jpg

Thanks for the pic, I will be cutting up a bit higher than you did I think. That's the next project after the wiring.

Did get a bit done on that.

Before pic for reference.

Pictures040.jpg

I am going to fab up a cover for the relays, fuse panel and wire bundle. Should turn out pretty clean, then I won't be ashamed to pop the hood at the get togethers laugh.gif

Start of the cover in cardboard, it will be done in sheet metal and powdercoated red to match the valve cover.

Picture064.jpg

Here is where the wiring is at now. Still have a couple wires to run/connect. Added a small fuse panel (it's under the blue tape) to get rid of the 'inline Icehouse style' fuses. They worked great and all, but this is a bit cleaner.

Picture068.jpg

Picture067.jpg

Picture066.jpg

Not sure if I showed this earlier, the relay block is a stock Nissan part slightly modified. This is for the fuel pump, injectors and the cpu. J/Y relays FTW.

IMG_1117.jpg

Epoxy worked awesome on the cpu connector. Still have to mount the CPU to the firewall.

Picture065.jpg

Wiring is all cleaned up and it still runs. Yay for me biggrin.gif

Pics

Picture071.jpg

Picture074.jpg

Picture070.jpg

Picture069.jpg

I 'S' wrapped the KA wiring so as to minimize the hacking up of the harness. I had to extend the ground wire and the O2 sensor wire but that's it. It's basically a stand alone harness and the truck harness is seperate except where the needed. Still need to fab up the cover. Might get that done this week if I have the time.

Looks way better without the wiring all over and the CPU just zipped tied there flopping around laugh.gif

Looks good man, how well did those fenders match?

Any news on the pelvis? I have a condition called osteitis pubis, basically the right half of my pelvis shifts around when it shouldn't. I think it was caused by working out to hard with an old injury or the fact that I was repping 1500 pounds on the leg press.

Moral of the story is get it fixed before your handicapped like me. Your truck and your pelvis. :lol:

Looking good there son..keep up the good work!!!!

And thanks for the gas tank, so far so good, and my gas gauge works now....!!!

Glad to hear the sender still works. That came from the black truck in case you were wondering :D

Looking great Steve!! Got my motor mounts awhile back (thanks, they look great!!) And should be trying them out thus weekend.

Awesome, let me know how they work out. :thumbup:

Looks good man, how well did those fenders match?

Any news on the pelvis? I have a condition called osteitis pubis, basically the right half of my pelvis shifts around when it shouldn't. I think it was caused by working out to hard with an old injury or the fact that I was repping 1500 pounds on the leg press.

Moral of the story is get it fixed before your handicapped like me. Your truck and your pelvis. :lol:

Thanks, they are pretty much a perfect match patina wise. I'll probably just use the drivers one as the passenger side one on the truck is still straight.

Ya, I have a hernia, fawking painful and tiring. I'll be scheduling surgery a little later today to get it fixed. It has really slowed me down. Hopefully the surgery goes well and I'll be back in tip-top shape in no time. :)

Thanks Mark, I'm taking things slow...sort of frustrating but at least I am still getting thing accomplished.

Cut the tops of the shock towers off. I was planning to use some 2" wide plate to lengthen the towers but once I got them off I decided to go with some angle I have. Should work out great.

IMG_1159.jpg

IMG_1160.jpg

IMG_1161.jpg

IMG_1163.jpg

IMG_1164.jpg

IMG_1168.jpg

Might get them tacked on tonight unless I go play in the snow biggrin.gif

2eDeYe' date='17 January 2012 - 10:17 AM' timestamp='1326824276' post='614130']

I got a brand new can of lithium grease to douche these with, should take care of any squeaking. :D

Just an FYI Lithium grease turns into a sticky gunk after about 6 months, when I worked installing suspension at my buddys Mustang shop all the bushing kits came with it so you would think thats the stuff to use, WRONG... we started using synthetic bearing grease and no more issues

Clayton

2eDeYe' date='17 January 2012 - 05:00 PM' timestamp='1326848456' post='614310']

That's the plan, bevel both sides and weld all around. Gonna jig it up with the shock and clamps to tack everything into place and take pics along the way :D

Done yet????rolleyes.gifrolleyes.gif

2eDeYe' date='09 January 2012 - 10:24 AM' timestamp='1326133486' post='608597']

Ya, I have a hernia, fawking painful and tiring. I'll be scheduling surgery a little later today to get it fixed. It has really slowed me down. Hopefully the surgery goes well and I'll be back in tip-top shape in no time. :)

Redeye,

Your truck is pretty fawking sweet ... Love the mods ... And evolution

Hope the hernia surgeory goes well ... :)

We got 12"s of snow at my house right now and it is still dumping. Playing in it has taken precedence over everything else :lol:

This was yesterday at around 3:00 (Thats a 12" long drafting scale)

DSCN8631.jpg

DSCN8629.jpg

Redeye,

Your truck is pretty fawking sweet ... Love the mods ... And evolution

Hope the hernia surgeory goes well ... :)

Thanks man :)