1977 620 KingCab Deluxe

Fawking summit and their stupid pictures...I ordered a sway bar bushing set, the picture showed end links...that do not come with the set.

I ordered some end link bushings, so once they come in I can put the truck back on the ground. I was hoping to drive it to Golden Gardens, but I guess I'll be in the big green 620 :)

• Replies 962
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2eDeYe' timestamp='1332118202' post='656301']

I posted the cardboard beginnings of this a while back. It's starting to take shape in stainless. Had to pick up a new tool to make cutting easier. :)

New toy...I mean tool.

IMG_1543.jpg

Pretty cool.

Is it just a table that just bolts to your existing Porta Band, or is the whole unit one deal?

It bolts to your existing porta band. Came with a foot pedal and I zip tied the trigger on. My only bitch is the small throat, but I knew that getting into it so it doesn't really count against it. And I've had no problem working around the issue.

Power of a huge upright, portability and storing benefits of a porta band. I have all sorts of projects this will make way easier and no sparks! :D

That's exactly what I was thinking, lol.

I've been looking for a full size for a while, but haven't found exactly what I want yet. This is quick and simple and will get you through most little projects.

Is it about 5"-6" of depth?

Do you have a link?

Shoulda added the link earlier, sorry.

http://www.swagoffro...nd_V_THREE.html

The Dewalt has a 5" throat, that's the saw I went with :)

Is that one of Troy's portaband stands? I really like mine. For the most part, it is all the vertical metal cutting bandsaw I need. I use it often!

I think that's his name, I saw the setup on pirate4x4 a long while back and finally had the cash to spend on it and the saw.

It's really hard to believe how useful that setup is. I see used portabands on CL all the time for $150 or so.

I was killing jigsaw blades trying to cut the stainless, the portaband setup makes it so easy.

Swag does some cool stuff ... especially for the home fabricator. Nice new toy; and the truck's looking great as well.

Completely agree, his press brake setup and a harbor freight press are next on my list. :cool:

Thanks.

I got the sway bar bushings in the mail finally. I thought I had order a full kit, but apparently it was just the frame bushings. Those were back ordered for like a month and a half, then I had to wait for the link bushings, thankfully those got here pretty quick.

Frame bushings, looking lonely :lol:

IMG_1650.jpg

Old junk on the floor.

IMG_1675.jpg

Old junk, I did reuse the bolts. I greased everything liberally, the next guy should have no problem with the next R & R.

IMG_1676.jpg

IMG_1677.jpg

I ended up using the clamps that came with the bushings because the old ones were hammered and a little too wide. I had to cut the holes into slots to get them to bolt to the frame. New bandsaw made quick work of that. :D

IMG_1678.jpg

All installed.

IMG_1681.jpg

IMG_1682.jpg

IMG_1683.jpg

I'm thinking of just using industrial velcro to mount the CPU to the firewall, I have used this on my jeeps soft top and a few other places with good results...... Thoughts?

IMG_1525.jpg

Putting in some serious work....nice !

mmmmmmm g35

:devil:

DSCN3578.jpg

Red, thats sure an awful lot of work to keep the stock sway bar. :poke:

But looks good otherwise. And it will make a bit of a difference.

One ride in a truck with a larger bar and you will be sold.

I'm just excited to have shock travel again, everything else is a bonus :lol: