What does everyone do for a living?

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

bleach - if you look at the wire he's teathered to, well the one on his left, there's verticle supports every so many feet, you wouldn't slide all the way down, but you might get some speed up before you stopped :D

I know. I meant even sliding for 50 feet at that height would not be good on my heart. :blink:

I do absolutely nothing exciting. I work in a cubicle. I look at software all day, trying to find bugs. Not exciting software... business software.

It sounds easy, but when you find one you have to report it, but make sure no one else reported it, and describe exactly how you found it so someone else can reproduce it. That's the hard part, because you have to track everything you did. Then, when the developers say they fixed it, you have to make sure they really did. Then write the steps taken, so someone else can check the same thing for every new version until the end of time.

The boring part is testing all the old bugs over and over... and yes, they do come back.

My old job was much more exciting (occasionally) but involved a lot of political BS because it was Military. Plus you had the not-so-wanted prospect of going over to the Persian Gulf with regularity, trying to keep folks who don't like you from blowing up large gray things that float.

i am a deployment technition for a credit card processing company. i basically program the machine you swipe your card though at the store. they are really pretty simple little computer's, but they are going more the way of the cell phone. the newer models have sim cards and don't require phone lines. so it's a growing industry, but i am so bored of it. i was thinking about working for the railroad, my step-dad could hook me up. but i got to much time into this credit card thing to start over.

I do absolutely nothing exciting. I work in a cubicle. I look at software all day, trying to find bugs. Not exciting software... business software.

It sounds easy, but when you find one you have to report it, but make sure no one else reported it, and describe exactly how you found it so someone else can reproduce it. That's the hard part, because you have to track everything you did. Then, when the developers say they fixed it, you have to make sure they really did. Then write the steps taken, so someone else can check the same thing for every new version until the end of time.

The boring part is testing all the old bugs over and over... and yes, they do come back.

My old job was much more exciting (occasionally) but involved a lot of political BS because it was Military. Plus you had the not-so-wanted prospect of going over to the Persian Gulf with regularity, trying to keep folks who don't like you from blowing up large gray things that float.

So you are one of the people that they made office space about? :blink:

I've had cars that looked nice... until they got hit. My 520 looks nice, so I don't commute with it anymore. Plus the paint would be dinged to hell within a week in the clown car sized parking stalls they have at my office. The compact spots are 5' wide, and the fullsize spots are 6' wide. If you park a compact in a fullsize spot, you get ticketed.

I've never gotten hit in a beater. But my 2 nicest 510s were totalled in under a year, neither my fault, and neither were really avoidable (aside from not being there).

Reason #2? I can't do bodywork. When I'm done it looks like knockdown wall texturing. That's WITHOUT bondo! And I do not and will not let anyone else work on my cars, especially for pay.

yo spiff...most of the ones with nice jobs also probably have nice houses. as i found out...nice houses come with not so nice mortgages. after i get done paying my bills and spending money on racing...i have little left over for my trucks, may be the case with the others too...they also might have family's

I like my truck looking like a total piece of shit! That way nobody even pays it a second glance. That and the Hondas really get pissed when they get beat by a 1973 primer and red POS!

i am a deployment technition for a credit card processing company. i basically program the machine you swipe your card though at the store. they are really pretty simple little computer's, but they are going more the way of the cell phone. the newer models have sim cards and don't require phone lines. so it's a growing industry, but i am so bored of it. i was thinking about working for the railroad, my step-dad could hook me up. but i got to much time into this credit card thing to start over.

Think long and hard before you sign on with the Nazi Southern.

yo spiff...most of the ones with nice jobs also probably have nice houses. as i found out...nice houses come with not so nice mortgages. after i get done paying my bills and spending money on racing...i have little left over for my trucks, may be the case with the others too...they also might have family's

I wasnt trying to get anyone on the defensive. I dont know many of you in person. Hell some of you I was surprised to see have corevettes, have their vehicles towed by nice newer Nissan SUVs, some even have the 350z along with their toys. I guess I just never caught onto the fact that this is a hobby. Glad to know though that we can have the world ran by datsun owners... we have people to manufacture stuff, drive it places, work on planes to get it there, others get it installed, some work on the communications for it all and then we have the military folk to protect us and our ways while we do it. Please tell me there is SOMEONE here that works fast food... I get hungry along the way.

I work at a bicycle store. We sell REALLY expensive shit. Alot of the bikes in the store are worth more than my car :blink:. Its cool though cause I get hookups on alot of stuff (not just bike stuff). And it supports my other habbit.

I am surprised at what people do on here. Many with fairly high profile well paying jobs, yet they still like Datsuns. However with the money I immagine you can make from such jobs, why do your cars/trucks still look like poo?

I had to get a DD, as my truck is still in peices and my jeep is a peice (well not really but I like to break it alot)...and because I'm a retard I had to get the nicest car I could afford...

One day my truck will be nicer than new and not look like poo :fu:

Datsuns rule :cool:

what wire machine is this? we just got a Mitsubishi FA10 here at work for the Mold shop. We also have an older Mitsu sinker style with those really fun to make graphite probs.

Who do you make molds for? My bosses were curious when I showed them the pics because they say the plastics industry is real small. We mold and machine everything here in house for ourselves so I am not fishing or anything.

Really nice molds BTW, they put some of our older molds to shame. peace.

Before

IMAGE_00002.jpg

After

IMAGE_00024.jpg

This is the electrode that I used to burn the cavity in the mold. Its made of solid graphite, just like you find in a pencil.

IMAGE_00025.jpg

And this is the machine I use to burn. Its a old easco Sarkatron. I call her old sparky!

IMAGE_00026.jpg

We dont have a wire edm, just this sinker. I work for a small company here in Kalama, wa. I'm the designer/engineer/mold designer/mold maker. We are all in house also. My brother and I have a small business that we run on our spare times here in Vancouver. We make molds in our personal shop. And recently purchased our first molding machine. Currently i'm working on parts for RC cars.

Any chance I can help you guys out? I am always looking for extra work to fund the Z-car project, lol.

We just got two new Sumitomo's with Yashin robotoc arms for trimming and placing boards for over molding.

lemme know. peace.

its cool there are so many designers on here. i too use solidworks, its alright but cant really keep up with the assemblys we run. constantly crashes. i design some badass custom titanium wheelchairs.

its kinda funny when i park my $200 rust bucket 510 next to the CEOs $130,000 Audi S8:eek:. many Audis and BMWs there and im still rockin a Datsun.