What does everyone do for a living?

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Solidworks owns all...nice program. Where i work i just take care of the piping diagrams, so i am just using Acad. I think its funny how I can tell people "i'm a drafter" and they look at me like "what is that" but then i get on the ratsun forum and there are at least 3 of us (in some sort of capacity)

I work at a small independant video store. Pretty much the last one in town, open since '81...same owner.

It's fun, easy work, free movies. Someday I'll decide what I want to be when I grow up. Or at least get a slight idea, THEN I'll do something with my life.

Well I am...(ready?) an areospace (military/NASA certified) heliarc welder.. Manufacturing Engineer Areospace...project development..working on many NASA programs...Way back at the start! (GARRETT AIRESEARCH/ALLIED SIGNAL) 26 Years....CNC operator and partime programmer, (DC SPORTS) header/strut bar/cat back exhaust, etc... R&D engineer and product development fabricator/welder/painter/ etc..present time....(oh and 5 years military as a youngster...way way way back!) wait wait..I am also semi retired ........ Ron

why haven't you guys made a header for L engines

Because there's no market for it? Already a few good L-series headers out there, and one great one. And there seem to be less and less L-series vehicles being built out there. The money is in volume. It's the only way to recoup R&D cost. ;)

As for what i do, I take pictures of cars. :D

You can see some of my work here: http://www.roper-photo.com

Retired US Navy diver. Been doing computer technical support since then, currently starting a contract on the Boeing Enterprise Help Desk. Hope it leads to better things as there's lots of Datto cars & parts & the toys to work on 'em I want. :D

Because there's no market for it? Already a few good L-series headers out there, and one great one. And there seem to be less and less L-series vehicles being built out there. The money is in volume. It's the only way to recoup R&D cost. ;)

As for what i do, I take pictures of cars. :D

You can see some of my work here: http://www.roper-photo.com

Awesome photographic display.....My question for you....are you cognizent of the overall picture..do you think of composition first..or do you just shoot and crop?...As I said...awesome work man...

any of you drafting types going to autocad university in vegas next month? i have some of my "cool" looking drawings from the engineering firm i used to work for, but no scanner big enough to scan them in to post them. the things i do now involve our processes at the plant...so its all top secret!! oh yeah!

Never heard of that...is it like a convention?

I only use autocad for vinyl cutting these days (which I should be able to do again shortly :))

Since the thread is what we do for a living...

I paid the rent once by building this.

339165302_l.jpg

I'm currently a web coder for State Farm insurance. Nothing external -- just stuff for employees and agents on the inside. I'm probably going to shift into market analysis soon, depending on whether or not I get tired of the web thing.

On the side, I weld and sell little metal figurines. This is what pays for my 510 hobby. It also has paid for all of my tools. I don't allow my hobby to be funded by my paycheck; all my hobbies are pretty much funded by selling stuff I make.

Here's a link to my welded stuff: http://newprotest.org/categories.pl?welding