What does everyone do for a living?

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

its cool there are so many designers on here. i too use solidworks, its alright but cant really keep up with the assemblys we run. constantly crashes. i design some badass custom titanium wheelchairs.

its kinda funny when i park my $200 rust bucket 510 next to the CEOs $130,000 Audi S8:eek:. many Audis and BMWs there and im still rockin a Datsun.

Thats how I felt at my work too when Iused to pull up in the most haggard 84 pulsar 3var!!! peace.

ive been and auto body technician for the past 20 yrs opened a small shop ayr ago been struglin but makin it through like to do some mor datsuns there a pleasure to work on and ive had many , might have seen my ratsun old school that datdoug put on here in primer red with white walls , hit m up want some work done can set up transport to pick up your ride aso

• 4 weeks later...

my old man does the exact same thing.. i might go into it im undecided as of what i plan to do with my life.

im laid of currently but i was diggin ditches/ building subdivisions.. i hate it destroying natural habittat for more and more crappy houses.:(

so i dont think i will be returning to them time for something new.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am a tire and wheel salesman. I also do brakes, suspension and alignment work, and service big trucks, but mostly tires and wheels on passenger vehicles. Nothing too exciting, but I do like my store discount :D.

My girlfriend is a self employed photographer, and I kind of help out every once in a while. Maybe some day it'll become our main source of income, but right now it's just kind of a nice little bonus in between paychecks :D. Some of you might have seen us taking pictures at the past few local drift events and at formula d the last two years it's come to washington.

Guest DatsuNoob
I'm a highly skilled repair technician...... haha J/K I just keep up maintenance for a apartment complex :D a glorified janitor :fu:

I used to do that too. For a couple years actually. I was also a journeyman carpenter/framer in my past life, now I build 737's at the Renton Boeing plant, wing panel build-up to be more specific. Its noisy and dirty.

I'm happy to say that 2.5 years of "odd jobs", etc is over! I had a non-compete agreement with a former employer that prevented me from working in my industry for the past two years.

I am currently sitting in the airport, my second day on the job, headed to a project site for the next three weeks. I'm a field test technician. We commission, test, and verify proper operation of electrical distribution and control systems... aka the power grid. I'm headed to a wind farm today to help with commissioning it.